Chapter 120: Only 10 Can Live
271 2 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Burst!!!

Suddenly from within the dead body of the lizard man emerged a mark that became suspended in the air, the mark glowed with unwillingness before floating before Meng Lin.

Meng Lin gazed at the make which was a golden lizard with a four legs like a tiger, she didn’t feel a sense of danger from it and in fact she felt it beckoning towards her, as if it wanted her to hold it.

She cautiously reached out her hand and grasped the golden lizard mark. As soon as her hand made contact with it, a surge of power coursed through her body, similar to what she had experienced with the Black Tortoise mark.

And as the mark settled onto her palm, a sense of clarity washed over Meng Lin. She could feel a vast instinctual knowledge of the ancient Gong Fu Lizard flowing into her, she also felt more power within her body, enhancing her combat skills and granting her a heightened sense of agility.

Meng Lin smiled, she was more confident than before, but she also knew that she needed to be cautious. The power of the marks was immense, and if she couldn't control it, she risked losing herself to the beast's instincts.

Meng Lin took a deep breath, grounding herself in the present moment. As she opened her eyes she suddenly felt a shift in her environment as the timer was up.

*****

Meng Lin found herself transported once again, this time to a vast arena surrounded by towering walls.

She looked around and realized that she had transported togather with the 100 cultivators from the hundreds of castles.

Although she said one hundred, her spiritual consciousness only counted up to 78, it seems like 22 cultivators were either killed or eliminated from the trial.

She wondered if the three thousand from before were divided into 30 groups of 100 peoples, if so why.

From the 78 that appeared, Meng Lin began to take note of the few that seemed to pose a threat to her.

As she observed her fellow cultivators, Meng Lin noticed five individuals who stood out as potentially dangerous.

The first was a tall man with a muscular build. His eyes were sharp and his aura exuded a sense of power. Meng Lin could sense that he had just undergone some kind of transformation, no doubt from the previous trial.

The second was a woman with a graceful demeanor. She moved with precision and grace, her every movement calculated and deliberate. Meng Lin could feel the aura of a cunning person from her.

The third was a young man with a mischievous smile. He seemed carefree and lighthearted, and his robe signified a sect diciple, from the Vast Metal Sect, another rank 4 sect like the soul shattering sect.

Meng Lin sensed that he was not to be underestimated, as his relaxed demeanor masked a sharp intellect.

The fourth was a middle-aged man with a stern expression. He radiated a sense of discipline and authority and Meng Lin couldn’t see his realm and she instinctively knew why.

What was more bizarre was the fact that the man appeared middle aged but from Meng Lin’s understanding, you can’t enter the Nether cloud domain without having a bone frame lower than 30, which means…

The fifth and lastly was a woman with a mysterious air about her. She had an aura of darkness and secrecy, and her eyes held a depth that seemed to conceal her thoughts. Just like the middle aged man from before, Meng Lin couldn’t see her realm.

She knew that she would have to be cautious and vigilant in their presence, as they could prove to be formidable opponents in the trials ahead.

However it seems her thoughts were short lived as she noticed how everyone was gazing towards the sky, following 10 bright trails of light.

Below that was a sentence, announcing the official beginning of this trial: *Only 10 may live*

As the announcement echoed through the arena, a sense of tension filled the air. The cultivators exchanged wary glances, realizing the true gravity of the situation. Only ten out of the remaining seventy-eight would survive. The stakes were higher than ever.

Meng Lin felt a mix of pity and dread coursing through her veins. The thought of having to weed out so many life just to pass the trial was simply tragic.

She knew she had to give it her all if she wanted to make it to the end so she stilled her heart, realizing that no matter how she felt about it, it would happen, besides. They were all here of their own choosing.

Rumble!!!

Suddenly, the ground beneath their feet began to shake, the first to make a move was shockingly the graceful woman as beneath her the floor began to crack as hundreds of spikes flew into the air, raining down on the whole arena.

Ahh

Ahhh

Aghh!!

In a single instant, almost half of the participants were weeded out as the spikes held the aura of a peak Foundation Establishment Cultivator, it pierced through their bodies and ended their lives in an instant.

Meng Lin's eyes widened in shock as she watched the carnage unfold. She had expected the trials to be challenging, but she hadn't anticipated such a brutal and merciless start.

She quickly unleashed a powerful wave of energy, sending a shockwave through the air. The force of her attack caused the spikes aimed at her to disintegrate in mid-air, neutralizing the threat.

The tall man with the muscular build reacted swiftly as well, his body glowing with a golden aura as he effortlessly dodged the spikes. It was clear that he possessed exceptional combat skills and was not to be taken lightly.

The mischievous young man also displayed his prowess, raising his hand to stop the spikes coming towards him and taking a soear from out of nowhere.

As the rain of spikes finally came to an end, Meng Lin focused her attention on her surroundings, looking at the gruesome details of the battlefield.

The ground was littered with the bodies of the fallen cultivators, their life force extinguished in an instant. Blood stained the arena, creating a chilling atmosphere that sent shivers down Meng Lin's spine.

She could sense the tension in the air, as the remaining participants realized the true danger they were facing. It was a fight for survival, and only the strongest would prevail.

Meng Lin took a moment to steady her breathing, reminding herself to stay focused and vigilant. She couldn't afford to let her guard down, not even for a second.

Boom!

Peng!!!

Like a volcanic eruption, fights began to unfold amid the remaining the cultivators, cultivators all at the Late and Peak stages of the Foundation Establishment Realm.

15