Chapter 127: God Blood Sea
262 0 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

‘Two hours of meditation and only half was returned’ Meng Lin thought, she had been sitting crossed legged within the group of beast carcass and she still hadn’t recovered fully.

It was only now that she realized that the more powerful you are the longer it takes to recover your full strength.

She was only at the peak of the Foundation Establishment Realm and she was already taking so long to recover, she couldn’t even imagine how long those at the Nascent Soul Realm would take.

It wss precisely this that energy restoration pills were very popular among cultivators.

Meng Lin sighed and reached into her storage ring, pulling out a small bottle of energy restoration pills. She popped one into her mouth and immediately felt a surge of energy coursing through her body.

As she sat there, waiting for her strength to fully return, she didn’t fail to notice the new addition to the trial space, a timer. Just like the one in the first trial of castles.

She doesn’t know if it’s a coincidence but she noticed that the trials go by rewards and difficultys one after another, the first one was more of a reward, the second a battle, the third one a reward, and a battle, or more so a test of what was achieved from the reward of the third trial.

So the 4th trial should be a battle, however this was all speculation from Meng Lin, she couldn’t be completely sure about it.

She looked up at the timer which only has 15 minutes left and began to focus on her qi gathering, she only needed to take 3 more energy restoration pill and she would be back to full strength.

Meng Lin quickly consumed the remaining energy restoration pills, feeling the surge of energy replenishing her qi. She closed her eyes and continued to cultivate, pushing herself to regain her full strength before the timer ran out.

As she meditated, she couldn't help but think about the upcoming battles. She knew that she had to be prepared and utilize all of her techniques and resources to come out on top.

Meng Lin also pondered the abilities and techniques of the other cultivators she had encountered in the trial. Each of them seemed to possess unique and powerful skills. She wondered how she would fare against them in battle and what kind of tactics she would need to employ.

With only a few minutes left on the timer, Meng Lin opened her eyes and felt her full energy return. She stood up and stretched her muscles, feeling a renewed sense of energy and determination.

She glanced around at the other cultivators in her group, all of which seemed already prepared and waiting for the timer to reach zero.

And within a few minutes the timer reached its final seconds where a loud gong rang out, signaling the end of the rest period.

Meng Lin felt a shift in her vision and her surroundings were changing at a fast pace, before she knew it she was standing on a completely new environment.

She was standing on a small piece of rock that stood afloat inside a raging wave, around her was hundreds of different pieces of rocks with some of them being occupied by cultivators.

Two particuler cultivators appeared strong but that was not where Meng Lin’s attention was attracted to, it was attracted more so at the sea, it made her heart drop.

Waaave!!!

Trashing waves of blood red water trashed in her new surroundings, crashing against unseen barriers surrounding the small piecies of rock.

The sea seemed alive with a pulsating energy, its waves rising and falling with an almost hypnotic rhythm.

Boom!!

The sea crashed down on the location where Meng Lin stood and she found that there was a small barrier surrounding the small piece of rock that she stood on, protecting her from the tide.

“God Blood Sea”

‘Is this the God Blood Sea between the Luan Continent and the rest of the world, no it should not be, or we would have already been dead by now’ Meng Lin thought as she remembered about the God Blood Sea.

It was said that the God Blood Sea was a treacherous and deadly body of water that separated the Luan Continent from the rest of the world. Its red waters were said to be infused with the blood of ancient powerful beings above the Narscent Soul Ream and even Ensoulment Realm.

But this sea before Meng Lin was different. While it shared the same blood-red color, there was something distinct about it that made her doubt if it was the infamous God Blood Sea. The God Blood Sea was said to incinerate any that is close to it, Perhaps this was a similar phenomenon or a different manifestation altogether.

As she pondered over the nature of the sea, Meng Lin noticed movement in the distance.

As more cultivators appeared on the trial space, a few cultivators began to get impatient and began to leave their barrier to head towards the distance, where a large landmass stood. However.

“Ahhh”

A young man with the aura of a peak Foundation Establishment Realm cultivator screamed as the moment he left his barrier to tread on the blood red water, his qi fluctuated as it instantly became unstable, allowing the sea to touch his legs.

The moment the blood-red water made contact with him, the young man's body convulsed in excruciating pain. His skin sizzled and burned, emitting a putrid smell as it disintegrated before everyone's eyes. Within seconds, all that remained of him was a pile of ashes.

The sight was horrifying, and it served as a stark reminder to the other cultivators of the deadly consequences of touching the sea. Fear and caution filled the air as everyone collectively retreated back to the safety of their barriers, realizing the true danger that lay before them.

Meng Lin's heart raced as she witnessed the gruesome demise of the young cultivator. She knew that she had to be even more careful now, as even the slightest misstep could cost her life.

She focused her attention on the landmass in the distance, her thoughts on how to reach it.

As the waves continued to crash around her, Meng Lin observed the behavior of the other cultivators.

Some were strategizing and came up with the idea of just floating above the sea, and after a few tried it without no problems, it became clear that it was the only way to traverse this sea.

Cultivator after cultivator began to take out their flying swords and other flying treasures, using them to hover above the blood-red water. They carefully maneuvered themselves towards the landmass, keeping a safe distance from the treacherous waves below.

Meng Lin was left wondering for a moment, she still doesn’t know how to use a flying sword, she could try but she didn’t want to be incinerated by the blood red water.

After thinking about it for a while she thought to just buy a flying treasure form her system market, although it was wasteful, she didn’t want to try her luck.

[Swaying Leaf Robe]

A robe crafted from the leaves of a mystical tree, imbued with the power of wind. Allows the wearer to float and glide through the air effortlessly. Perfect for traversing treacherous terrains.

: 200 system coins

17