Chapter 139: Final Trial Part 4
282 1 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

****

Cleng!!

A man with a gleaming sword lunged at Meng Lin, his blade slicing through the air with deadly accuracy.

Peng!!

As Meng Lin parried the man’s slash with her sword, a dragonic roar echoed through her sword and the impact sent a shockwave that reverberated through her arm. She gritted her teeth, pushing back with all her might.

“HAA!”

Her aura intensified as lightning broke from her body in a blinding surge of power. The air crackled with electric energy, as if the very heavens were responding to Meng Lin's fierce cry.

Crackle

She had used the high-grade technique Wrath of Thunder. The lightning swirling around Meng Lin danced in a brilliant display of raw power.

It crackled and sizzled, sparking off her body and grounding itself on the man's gleaming sword. For a moment, the man was forced to take a step back, the sudden surge of electricity catching him off guard.

Luang Chen took advantage of this moment, crying out as he unleashed his technique, "Path of the Wind!"

His body moved with the grace of a dancer and the speed of a gust of wind, creating a vortex of powerful air currents around him. The air pulsed with energy as he launched himself towards the woman with the biwa.

The woman plucked another string on her biwa, sending a wave of sonic energy towards Luang Chen. But he was prepared. He spun his body around, his movement creating a miniature tornado that deflected the sonic wave toward the sky.

The man with the gleaming sword quickly regained his footing, his gaze fixed on Meng Lin with a newfound respect. "Impressive," he said, his voice barely audible over the crackle of lightning. "But this is far from over."

With a roar, he lunged at Meng Lin again, his sword glowing with an intense light as he swung it towards her. But Meng Lin was ready.

With a swift movement, she cloaked her sword in lighting and thrusted it in a straight line.

“Thunderbolt Flash”

The lightning-wrapped blade cut through the air with a blinding flash, striking towards the man with terrifying speed. It was a deadly attack that combined the power of the Wrath of Thunder technique and Meng Lin's speed, focusing all her strength into one decisive strike.

The man barely had time to react. His eyes widened as he saw the lightning-wrapped blade closing in. He tried to raise his sword to block, but he was too slow.

The blade struck, the electrified metal meeting flesh with a sizzling sound. The man was thrown back by the force of the impact, his sword slipping from his hand as he crashed onto the ground.

The lightning had left a severe burn on his chest, and his breathing was ragged, a clear sign that the attack had taken a heavy toll on him.

Meng Lin stood her ground, her face impassive as she watched the man. Her sword, still crackling with residual lightning, was pointing downwards, ready for another attack. She didn't move to finish him off, instead dodging a wave of energy that accompanied the sound of a string being plucked.

The woman with the biwa had just thrown Luang Chen off balance and used that chance to attack Meng Lin and she plucked another string on her instrument, releasing a wave of sonic energy towards Meng Lin.

but Meng Lin was quick to react. She pivoted on her feet, her lightning-enhanced reflexes allowing her to evade the woman's strike with ease. As the woman's attack missed its mark, Meng Lin retaliated with a lightning-quick slash of her sword.

The blade sliced through the air, leaving behind a trail of crackling lightning energy.

Just like the man, the woman didn’t have the strength to stop it however with a quick thought she held the biwa in front of her as a shield, using it to absorb the brunt of Meng Lin’s attack.

Boom!

The sound of the impact reverberated through the battlefield, sending shockwaves rippling through the air.

The woman stumbled back, her expression a shocked one with her eyes trailed on Meng Lin’s lighting cloaked figure with an angry look.

Realizing the tables had turned, she attempted to conjure another attack, but before she could, Luang Chen, who had regained his balance, swiftly moved to her side. With a fluid motion, he struck with a technique of his own.

“Double-Cloaking Slash”

A shadow seemed to envelop Luang Chen as he moved, his sword slashing through the air with incredible speed and precision. The shadowy aura around him enhanced his attack, making it even more powerful.

The woman with the biwa tried to defend herself, but she was no match for Luang Chen's swift and skilled movements. His double-cloaking slash cut through her defenses, leaving a deep gash on her arm.

She cried out in pain, dropping her biwa as she stumbled backward. The battle had taken a toll on her, and she looked visibly weakened.

Meng Lin, seeing an opportunity was about to charge at the woman when all of a sudden everyone in the collesume came to a stop.

Rumble!!!!

The ground beneath them trembled violently, as if responding to a great will that was about to emerge.

The dead bodies all around the colosseum began to glow with a faint red light and the engravings of a formation appeared above the colosseum, and at the center of it was SkyFire Venerable.

SkyFire Venerable’s gaze didn’t leave Xiaoyun and his lips tucked into a small smile as bloody rays of light erupted from his body.

Meng Lin looked up at the sky with a sense of dread and uncertainty. She could feel a wave of intense energy radiating from SkyFire Venerable, threatening to engulf the entire colosseum. The red light from his body illuminated the area, casting an eerie glow on everything.

"Although not enough, it will do!" SkyFire Venerable declared, his voice echoing through the colosseum. The red light from his body intensified, pulsating like a beating heart.

Boom! A shockwave of energy rippled through the air, causing the ground to tremble beneath Meng Lin's feet.

Cracks began to appear all over the colosseum and the bodies of fallen cultivators started disintegrating into ashes, as if consumed by the intense energy.

Meng Lin's heart raced as she saw a massive rift open up in the sky and a giant demonic arm slowly stretched across from it to cover the sky of the entire colosseum.

Meng Lin's eyes widened in both awe and horror as she witnessed the emergence of the giant demonic arm. The sheer scale of the arm was overwhelming, and its presence sent shivers down her spine.

Its aura was something that she had only felt once before, it was only when the levitation sect had been attacked had she felt an aura like this.

The colossal demonic arm went up into the sky and came into contact with something that caused a tremendous explosion of energy, as it was shockingly stopped by an unknown force.

Crack!

However after only that one initial pause, it appeared to have broken through as a large crack opened up in the sky and the demonic hand slowly dissipated into fine blood that rained down on all the participants.

Boom!!

As if responding to the dissipation of the hand, the colosseum burst into pieces, flinging everyone into the air in a sudden and violent explosion.

14