Chapter 145: The Jade Box
242 0 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

With the dim light of the evening sun shining through her room Meng Lin traced her gaze along the length of her newly regrown and revitalized nails.

The power of the Black Tortoise Essence Art is indeed working wonders, infusing them with strength and resilience many times over.

She noticed how much more powerful they were compared to before, definitely a result of her breakthrough.

With her physical strength she felt that she could go toe to toe with another cultivator of the same realm.

And that was just the physical aspect, if she used any of her techniques then she could easily deal with anyone in the early stage and even go toe to toe with some other in the middle stages.

Adding on the Brute Qi physique, Meng Lin felt that she possessed the power to fight the late stage on a stalemate at best and at worst she didn’t feel that she could be killed by them.

The Gold Core Stage was a tipping point in the cultivation journey as it’s the first realm where heaven starts to impose tribulations onto you.

And with it comes the ability to create a unique ability for oneself based on the experience of the individual.

A Core Manifestation, or Core Ability, is a special power that cultivators develop once they solidify their cultivation realm at the Gold Core Realm.

It is a manifestation of their unique cultivation path, experiences, and their understanding of the spiritual arts.

Although Meng Lin still hasn’t developed hers yet, she felt that it only required time as she had brokenthrough not long ago.

Meng Lin sat on her meditation cushion, deep in thought. She knew that developing her Core Manifestation was crucial for her cultivation journey. It would not only enhance her strength but also serve as a representation of her individuality and potential.

She closed her eyes and decided to meditate, no qi gathering, no inner self reflection, just meditating.

****

**Huanxia province**
**Origin Cave Mountain **

In the remote areas of Huanxia, nestled amidst towering mountains and mist-covered valleys, lies a giant mountain known for its high bandit activity and dangerous terrain for travel. Also know as Origin Cave Mountain, it was notorious for harboring fugitives, outlaws, and those seeking to isolate themselves from society.

Within a luxurious cave system that was hidden deep within the heart of Origin Cave Mountain, a man sat on a throne of bones as below him stood three figures that all had scars over their face.

Jin Xue, the ruthless leader of the Golden Fang Bandits raised his eyebrows and surveyed the three scarred figures before him.

“Rui the Shadowblade, Li the Iron Fist and Mei the Serpent Tongue, you still can’t find Xue ” Jin Xue's voice echoed through the cave, a mixture of frustration and disappointment.

His aura seemed to match his voice as an air of dark power emanated from his very being.

The three scarred figures bowed their heads in respect, understanding the gravity of their failure. Rui the Shadowblade, a master of stealth and reconnaissance, spoke up with a low voice.

"We have scoured the region, searched every nook and cranny, but Xue the Silent Blade remains elusive. It's as if he has vanished into thin air," Rui explained, his eyes filled with determination to make amends.

Li the Iron Fist, a hulking figure with a deep voice added, "We have interrogated informants, tracked down his known sectors but he seemed to have disappeared along with any Gold Core member in his sector”

Mei the Serpent Tongue, known for her persuasive skills and information gathering, interjected, "Boss, i believe that the second boss might have planned this from the beginning, he has with him two of the 5 Jade Boxes of Aspects. It’s possible that he found the content within them”

Jin Xue's frustration turned into a snot as he leaned forward on his throne. "Very well. Continue your efforts. Double the patrols, tighten the security net, and leave no stone unturned, focus on the sects within his sector and then move on to the ones to the center, this traitor will not go unpunished for betraying our code and threatening our operations."

"Listen well, my loyal comrades," Jin Xue begins, his eyes gleaming with a mix of ambition and greed. "Our next target is the opulent city of Qilin, known for its vast wealth and ancient ruins. It shall serve well for our newly formed alliance with that demoness.”

**Soul Shattering Sect **
**Sect Hall**

Within the serene Sect Hall of the Soul Shattering Sect, the Sect Master sat at the head of a grand table, surrounded by an air of tranquility.

His eyes glowed with an intense, piercing azure light as he gazed upon the tool with his hand, a small jade box.

Suddenly he raised his head as an ancient voice reached his ears and caused him to pause. It was a voice he had not heard in decades, a voice that was all too familiar.

"We have become aware of the breach in the Nether Cloud Domain. It is evident that a demonic cultivator is responsible for this disturbance."

The Sect Master smiled as if in reminiscence, radiating an aura of serenity he nodded in acknowledgment. "I trust that you have assessed the situation thoroughly. What are your recommendations, esteemed Grand Elder?"

"We have carefully observed the breach and have determined that a seal must be placed over the crack in space to prevent any further intrusion of Nether energy into our realm."

The Sect Master's gaze remained steady as they contemplated the gravity of the situation. "I understand the urgency of this matter, we will proceed with the necessary preparations to create a suitable sealing formation.“

The voice paused a few seconds before speaking, this time with a sense of authority, " We sensed a strange presence just now”

With a calm and composed demeanor, the Sect Master responded, "Esteemed Grand Elder, please provide me with more details regarding this peculiar presence. Is it a cultivation technique, a spiritual entity, or something else entirely?"

The Grand Elder's voice resonated with wisdom and certainty as they replied, "The presence we sense bears similarities to the ancient cultivation technique of the Formless Sect”

The Sect Master's azure eyes shimmered with a mixture of excitement and caution. "I see. This discovery presents a unique opportunity for our sect, the fact you sensed it means it eminated from within, which Division did you sense this aura from."

The Grand Elder's voice carried a note of caution as they continued, "The presence appeared from the Disciples Courters, however its exact origins remain unclear. It seemed to have emerged clandestinely, without any trace left behind”

“Hmm” The Sect Master pondered silently for a moment, his fingers tapping rhythmically on the ornate armrest of his chair.

14