Chapter 151: 5th Layer of Black Tortoise Essence Art
213 1 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

**One week later**

Within the luxurious dimly lit room Meng Lin sat with her eyes closed, qi converged around her and her body emitted a faint golden glow. She had been cultivating diligently, channeling her energy to break through to the Mid Stage of the Gold Core Realm.

Suddenly, a surge of energy rippled through the room, causing Meng Lin to open her eyes in surprise.

Someone had brokethrough, and from the direction the fluctuations were coming from. Meng Lin knew that it was Xi Lin.

“I didn’t think she would breakthrough this fast, however that’s also good, De Sijie will surely work even harder to breakthrough after feeling this fluctuation.”

Meng Lin smiled to herself, impressed by Xi Lin's progress. She had anticipated that Xi Lin and De Sijie would eventually break through to the foundation establishment realm, but she hadn't expected it to happen so quickly.

She plans to takes the girls out with her once all three reach the Foundation Establishment Realm, she still remembered her heavenly vow.

With a renewed sense of determination, Meng Lin closed her eyes and continued to cultivate. She knew it would only take a few days before her breakthrough.

She could feel the energy within her growing stronger and more refined. The time would come for her to break through to the middle stage of the Gold Core Realm.

Two days went by in a flash as Meng Lin focused her qi and channeled it towards her core one last time.

As she did so, a surge of power coursed through her body, causing her to open her eyes in awe. The room filled with a brilliant golden light as Meng Lin's qi pulsated through the surroundings.

Elation filled Meng Lin's heart as she realized that she had broken through, suddenly information began to pour into her mind and her eyes brightened.

Her aura which had been controlled suddenly rose, water qi began to cover her body and a stinging pain shot through her back.

Clang

The wall behind her suddenly cracked as a shadow of a massive tail burst forth, extending behind her. The tail was unlike anything she had ever seen before, with scales as black as the deepest abyss and a snake head at the end, complete with sharp fangs and glinting eyes.

Meng Lin could feel the power emanating from her newly acquired appendage. It was as if the tail itself was a living creature, ready to strike with deadly precision. The sensation of her spine connecting to this powerful tail sent shivers down her spine, both exhilarating and intimidating at the same time.

As she examined her transformed body Meng Lin marveled at the intricate details of her new tail. The scales were impenetrable, providing her with an added layer of protection. The snake head at the end possessed a venomous aura, a constant reminder of the danger she now wielded.

Meng Lin stood up with an unbalanced posture and began to slowly get used to the new appendage, at first, the movements were awkward and clumsy, but with each minute, she grew more adept. The tail became an extension of herself, moving with grace and precision.

The power of her tail was undeniable. It could strike with lightning speed, crushing anything in its path.

Its venomous bite could probably incapacitate even the strongest opponents.

Satisfied Meng Lin dispersed her qi and the tail behind her shook before turning into dust that blew in the wind.

Siting down Meng Lin decided to make the most of this breakthrough.

Looking through her storage ring she retrieved 10 small pills that glowed in the dimly lit room.

Realm solidifying pills, she decided to consume a substantial amount of realm-solidifying pills to further solidify and stabilize her Gold Core.

For the next few days, Meng Lin diligently consumed the realm solidifying pills, feeling the power of each pill merging with her core.

She could sense her Gold Core becoming more resilient and stable with every pill she took. It was an annoying process, but Meng Lin was willing to put in the effort to ensure that her foundation was strong.

As Meng Lin continued her cultivation, she could feel her connection with her core deepening. She knew that her Gold Core was now fortified, and she did a final circulation before stopping.

Sigh

“Cultivation is time consuming” Meng Lin leaned back and stretched, feeling the fatigue and satisfaction from her intense cultivation process.

With her breakthrough and the solidification of her Gold Core, Meng Lin's ambition grew even stronger.

However, with her breakthrough she noticed how her brute qi had gotten stronger and even more unstable.

she didn’t know when the limit was but she thought to take care of this uneasy feeling before it gets out of control.

**One day later**

Meng Lin found herself standing before the grand entrance of the Jade Library at Pavilion Mountain.

The building looked imposing, it was known for housing a collection of cultivation techniques, particularly those related to special physiques.

Meng Lin hoped that she could find a solution to her problem here, as she presented her sect token, Meng Lin watched as the array at the door lit up before fading away, granting her access to the library.

Upon entering the library, Meng Lin noticed that the library was divided into several sections, each dedicated to a specific aspect of cultivation.

*Elemental Cultivation*

*Body Refining*

*Qi Cultivation*

*Special Physiques*

Meng Lin found herself gravitating towards the Qi Cultivation section, enticed by the vast array of books that looked enriched with information.

She spent hours scouring the shelves, absorbing the information like a sponge. Some techniques were familiar to her, while others were entirely new concepts that expanded her understanding of cultivation.

One such technique she discovered was the 'Harmonious Qi Method'. It was a technique that focused on harmonizing one's qi, creating a balance between the yin and yang energies within one's body.

According to the book, the Harmonious Qi Method was especially useful for cultivators with volatile qi. By achieving harmony between one's yin and yang energies, one could achieve a stable and powerful flow of qi throughout their body.

However, Meng Lin knew that it was not feasible with her brute qi as it required for the qi to be refined and delicately balanced. Her brute qi could never be refined or delicately balanced.

However she was Intrigued by it and made a mental note of the technique, intending to study it.

Two high tier techniques that she found interesting were the ‘Physique Cleansing Sutra’ and the ‘Vital Essence Exchange’

One technique was known for purifying and strengthening one's physical body by cleansing it with one's qi. It was a particular method that was recommended for cultivators who owned a unique or special physique, such as Meng Lin's brute qi physique.

The 'Physique Cleansing Sutra' was a method that cleansed the cultivator's body, removing impurities and refining the body to hold more qi. It was a way to adapt and strengthen the body to withstand the power of their special physique, making it stable and more controlled.

The sutra explained that the cultivator had to chant various mantras and perform specific movements, in sync with the rhythm of their breathing, to fully activate the purifying effects of the technique, gradually cleansing and purifying their body, removing any residual impurities and making it stronger.

Meng Lin could see the potential benefits of this technique. With a stronger and more resilient body, she would be able to channel her brute qi more effectively and with less risk of losing control.

As for the Vital Essence Exchange, it was rather simple, exchanging your blood essence for explosive realm breakthroughs, Meng Lin was intrigued by the Vital Essence Exchange technique.

It offered a way to achieve explosive breakthroughs in realms by exchanging one's blood essence. However, she knew that this technique came with risks and should be used sparingly.

Blood essence is very important to a cultivator, it equates to lifespan, so the more blood essence that is used the more strain it puts on the body and the shorter the cultivator's potential lifespan becomes.

She still learned both techniques as they both seem to hold the key to stabilizing her brute qi and maximizing her cultivation prowess.

Leaving the array of books, Meng Lin walked around towards the *Special Physique* sections, it only had one book on the shelf, but Meng Lin knew that it must contain rare and powerful information about the world of special Physiques.

*Divine Sword Physique *

*Star Body Physique *

*Eternal Ice Physique *

*Absolute Light Physique*

*Celestial Thunder Physique*

….

Looking through these Physiques Meng Lin was like a sponge, reading all relevant information provided by each physique, there were 22 known physiques and each of them seemed to hold a significant amount of weight in the section they cover.

One that particularly caught her eye was the "Infinite Darkness Physique". This physique was said to be a terrifying one, capable of engulfing the user in absolute darkness, making them invisible and invulnerable.

The book explained that those with the Infinite Darkness Physique could absorb all forms of energy and light, making them almost invincible. However, the same book narrates that it's a double-edged sword. The darkness could consume the users themselves if not controlled properly, turning them into a void of endless darkness.

The thought of being swallowed by darkness terrified Meng Lin. She could not imagine how one could live with such a special physique. It was indeed a physique that brought great power, but at a great cost.

She shook her head and closed the book after reading all that was available, she was slightly disappointed that she didn’t see the brute qi physique but she soon shook her head and decided to focus on the other techniques that interest her.

She intended to increase the number of techniques that would be integrated into her Hundred Unity Technique.

As she perused the shelves, she learned a few techniques that she found intriguing, however none were like the two high level techniques that she saw earlier.

With nothing left after that, she left the building with a satisfied expression, she had gained a lot of information as well as techniques from here and she intends to digest them before contacting Luang Chen.

13