Chapter 154: Spatial Boundaries
179 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

**One day later**

Two streaks of light tore through the sky before stopping at an empty spot in the sea.

After traveling for a few hundred miles Luang Chen and Meng Lin arrived at a seemingly desolate spot in the open sea.

The vast expanse of blue stretched out in all directions, with no land in sight, only the flickering glow of red could be seen in the distance, indicating that they were very close to the God Blood Sea.

"Is this the place?" asked Meng Lin, her gaze sweeping across the vast and empty sea.

Luang Chen nodded, his eyes reflecting a confident glint. "Yes. This is the spot. Remember, this is an undiscovered island that is not visible to the naked eye. It is hidden by intricate spatial formations that confuse one's perception."

“Formations?” Meng Lin asked, hearing about it for the first time.

Luang Chen nodded before he pulled out a round disk. It was A Formation Disk, an intricate device filled with complex glyphs. As he infused his spiritual energy into the disk, the glyphs on it started to glow, emitting a soft, pulsating light.

"I will use this formation disk to find the loophole in the spatial formation. Once I find it, we will be able to enter the island," Luang Chen explained, his voice steady and calm.

Meng Lin nodded, her gaze sharp as she kept a watchful eye on their surroundings. The tranquil sea could hide lurking dangers, and she was ready to react at a moment's notice.

As Luang Chen worked on the formation disk, the surrounding space started to distort. The calm sea below them seemed to ripple and warp, as if being viewed through a warped mirror.

Suddenly, Luang Chen's eyes lit up. "Found it!" he exclaimed. His hand moved in a swift motion, and a beam of light shot out from the formation disk, piercing the distorted space before them.

The beam of light seemed to tear through reality itself, creating a temporary rift in the spatial formation. Through the rift, they could see a beautiful, verdant island, previously hidden from their view.

"Quick, Meng Lin, we must enter through this rift before it closes," Luang Chen said, grabbing Meng Lin's hand.

Without wasting any time, they flew through the rift. As soon as they entered, the rift closed behind them, and the previously visible island disappeared, hidden once again by the complex spatial formation.

****

“This is….quite peculiar,” Meng Lin said, feeling a thin amount of qi in the surroundings, there was barely any spiritual energy to be found.

Luang Chen nodded in agreement, his gaze surveying their surroundings. "Indeed. Normally, islands, especially of this size, should be teeming with spiritual energy. It’s what gives life to the plants and creatures that inhabit them. But here, it's as if the energy has been drained."

Meng Lin furrowed her brows, her mind racing with thoughts. "Could this have something to do with the spatial formation that was hiding the island?"

"It's a possibility," Luang Chen replied, his gaze thoughtful. "Spatial formations can sometimes have side effects. They may affect the flow of spiritual energy in their vicinity. However, it's also possible that there is something on this island that is absorbing the spiritual energy."

Meng Lin's eyes were raised at this thought. "Something that absorbs spiritual energy? Like a creature or a treasure?"

Luang Chen shrugged. "Could be. Or it could be a natural phenomenon. I didn’t check back then”

“Are these the spatial boundaries?” Meng Lin asked, feeling a cold shiver in the back of her spine.

Just a few hundred meters ahead her spiritual consciousness met a mass of golden vortex in space that sucked in the surrounding space.

Meng Lun had a grimace as there were countless vortexes all over the island, each single vortex released an oppressive aura that when combined made the surrounding space distort and be slowly pulled towards the vortex.

Meng Lin quickly tucked away her spiritual consciousness, if it wasn’t because her spiritual consciousness was abnormal, she wouldn’t be surprised if it was sucked away just now.

Luang Chen's expression turned solemn as he nodded in response to Meng Lin's question. "Yes, these are the spatial boundaries. They are not to be underestimated. They are interconnected spatial vortexes that possess immense power. They can devour anything and everything that enters, regardless of their cultivation level. Even those in the Nascent Soul Realm would be unable to escape their grasp."

Meng Lin nodded before she reached into her storage ring and retrieved a small, shimmering orb. the Realm Breaking Crystal.

"Are you ready?" Meng Lin asked, her voice steady and resolute, having refined the orb she understood its use more than anyone. "Once we activate the crystal, there's no turning back. We'll be transported to a different realm, be prepared for anything."

Luang Chen nodded, taking out a sword from his storage bag, holding onto it, he felt more secure than before.

Seeing this Meng Lin nodded, her grip on the crystal tightening. "Here we go."

With a surge of energy, Meng Lin activated the Realm Breaking Crystal. Instantly, a brilliant light enveloped them, obscuring their vision. The spatial boundaries surrounding them seemed to tremble and waver as if struggling against the crystal's power.

Crack

Then, in an instant, everything changed. Space shattered as if a glass breaking
a beam of golden light shot through the sky and into heaven as if trying to shoot it down.

The golden aura of the Realm Breaking Crystal enveloped Meng Lin and Luang Chen, creating a protective sphere around them as it shot right through an opening in space into a different realm.

****

A few hundred miles away from the undisclosed island, right before the confines of the God Blood Sea, a carriage pulled by four black horses made its way before the turbulent red waters.

“Princess Wei, we have arrived” Within the carriage, an old man man spoke to a young woman who was currently engrossed in reading a scroll. The young woman, Princess Wei Luan, looked up from her scroll and glanced out of the carriage window.

Before her stretched the vast expanse of the God Blood Sea, its waters a turbulent shade of red that seemed to glow under the twilight sky. The sight was strangely captivating, a stark contrast to the serene water that was right next to it.

She closed the scroll and turned to the old man, a hint of excitement lighting up her eyes. "Good. Let's prepare the device”

The old man nodded and began to take out a small globe containing golden droplets of blood.

After taking it out, the sea beneath them started to churn violently. The red waters surged upwards, whirling into a vortex.

From the center of this vortex, a red figure began to ascend, its scales glistening with the crimson hue of the sea.

Roar!!

It was a large Red Flood Dragon whose eyes glowed with greed as it roared towards the carriage, causing the four black horses pulling the carriage to whimper in fear and start to lose control.

It was at this time when a sudden beam of light shot up into the sky, originating from a point a few hundred miles away. The light was so bright that it momentarily lit up the entire sky, making it impossible to ignore.

The old man's eyes widened in surprise, and even Wei Luan paused, her eyes drawn to the spectacle. "Is that?" she asked, her gaze fixed on the distant beam of light.

The old man squinted, his eyes narrowing as he tried to make out the origin of the light. "I'm not sure what that is, Princess. But it seems to be coming from the direction of an undisclosed island."

Wei Luan's eyebrows shot up in surprise. "An island? But there's nothing in that direction on the map."

The old man nodded. "Indeed. But it seems like we have stumbled upon something unexpected. Perhaps after we are done here we can investigate further and see what secrets that island holds."

Wei Luan's mind wandered towards something she read about, spatial boundaries, and her interest became piqued, she nodded in agreement. "Yes, let's keep it in mind for now. But for now, we have a task at hand.”

Roar!!

With a powerful roar, the Red Flood Dragon which was also momentarily stunned by the flash of light opened its mouth wide, revealing rows of sharp teeth as it pounced towards the carriage.

Wei Luan's eyes gleamed with determination as she stood up from her seat. "You stand by!" she commanded, drawing her sword and stepping out of the carriage.

The old man nodded, summoning his spiritual energy and preparing to assist Princess Wei Luan in the upcoming fight.

Despite the terrifying Red Flood Dragon charging towards her, Wei Luan’s thoughts were elsewhere. ‘a spatial boundary, that was a spatial boundary.’

She knew of the potential opportunities that exist within them, opportunities to turn a mortal into a Narscent Soul Cultivator, opportunities to transform oneself into a heaven-defying chosen one.

Her gaze turned back towards the place where the beam of light emerged, her eyes narrowing as countless thoughts ran through her mind.

As the weakest amongst her royal brothers and sisters, she always hated the feeling of being oppressed, She was constantly compared, belittled, and dismissed, simply because she was born weaker.

Even her father doesn’t hold her in any regard, but she refuses to accept her fate. She yearned for power, for respect, for a chance to prove herself to her family.

And now, this unexpected discovery, this beam of light shooting up from an undisclosed island, had sparked her determination.

She had a feeling, a gut instinct, that this island held something valuable, something that could change her fate.

As for the Rank 4 Red Flood Dragon before her, she would naturally extract its blood essence and advance her Crimson Phoenix Technique.

8