Chapter 160: The Blood Realm
227 1 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Meng Lin slowly blinked her eyes, taking in the sight of a vast field encircled by towering purple pillars that stretched up towards the sky.

The sun bathed everything in a warm glow, and the air was tinged with the bitter scent of medicine that took her back to the hospital of her previous life.

She glanced down at herself, noticing that she was draped in a long robe of deep blue silk. The robe was adorned with patterns of chaotic water ripples that seemed to be in a constant state of motion.

"This is..." She started, only for her words to trail off as she noticed bubbles escaping from her mouth. Her eyes glazed over as a flood of memories began to assault her mind.

Memories of a young girl in a pink robe. “Yu Yun,” Meng Lin echoed the name, her voice seeming distant.

She finally recalled the dream she had experienced, the teachings that Yu Yun had imparted to her, and the reasons the girl had sought her out in the first place.

“So it was indeed you, Mother,” Meng Lin mumbled, remembering the knowledge taught to her by Yu Yun.

She was overcome with emotions as a deep-seated memory resurfaced, accompanied by the soft voice of her mother.

Her mother's stunning face, which she had previously been unable to recall, was now clear in her mind.

She brushed her hand over the heart area of the silk robe, savoring the cold, smooth texture against her fingertips. The water ripple pattern on the robe seemed to react to her emotional turmoil, becoming more chaotic.

She took a deep breath, allowing the bitter scent of medicine to fill her lungs. It served as a strange comfort, connecting her to her past life and reminding her of her journey.

Suddenly, confusion descended upon her. “Why am I here again?” she wondered aloud as she carefully surveyed her surroundings.

“Have you finished receiving that mediocre inheritance?” A woman's voice broke the silence, causing Meng Lin to turn in surprise. Floating next to her was an elderly woman, white hair flowing freely and eyes holding a gaze that seemed to have witnessed the world's evolution.

Meng Lin blinked, "Who are you?" she inquired, her voice echoing around the vast field as water bubbles fluttered around her.

"You can refer to me as Master," the elderly woman said with a gentle smile, her voice carrying a tone of respect despite its softness. "Let me introduce myself, I am Li Ya, the one known as the physique of the brute Vortex”

Meng Lin's curiosity was piqued as she listened to Li Ya's introduction. The words "brute Vortex and Li Ya were somewhat familiar but foggy in the memories she received from Yu Yun.

"Physique of the brute Vortex?" Meng Lin repeated, her voice filled with curiosity and wonder. "What does that mean?"

"And what do you mean by 'mediocre inheritance'?" Meng Lin asked, her voice tinged with a slight anger at the woman’s words.

“That’s irrelevant. What’s important is that you are going to help me destroy Xiao Luan” the old woman said with a laugh as though she found the idea amusing.

Meng Lin's confusion deepened. The mention of this Xiao Luan, although familiar meant nothing to her. She felt a sense of unease, unsure of what was going on.

"I'm sorry, but I don't understand," Meng Lin replied, her voice tinged with uncertainty. "I don't have any knowledge or experience with this Xiao Luan, and why would I help you for no reason”

Li Ya's smile faded, replaced by a stern expression. "It seems the ancestral symbol didn’t reveal much, well that’s to be expected”

“Nevertheless. You said you have no knowledge of Xiao Luan, so let me explain to you” Li Ya began, her voice filled with a mix of bittersweet emotions.

“Right now we are within the Qiankun world of the Blood Realm, there are 6 different worlds within this Realm and each one of them is under the jurisdiction of the Luan and the Li Family, the representatives of the Blood Realm”

“The Luan and Li Family?” Meng Lin asked, remembering the Luan Continent as well as the palace.

Her thoughts went to a certain conversation within the Nether Cloud Domain and her eyes hardened at the thought of Luang Chen.

“What do you mean by the representative of the Blood Realm” she asked, turning her focus towards information.

“Ah, I keep forgetting that you know nothing. Well outside our realm, there is a powerful organization called the Void Star Alliance. It was formed by 8 families from eight different Realms, and these 8 families call themselves the representatives of their respective Realms” Li Ya explained. "The Luan and Li Family is the representative of the Blood Realm, and they hold significant power and influence within this Realm”

Meng Lin's brows furrowed as she tried to process the information. "So, the Void Star Alliance is made up of these powerful families from different Realms, including the two families in the Blood Realm?" she clarified.

Li Ya nodded. "That's correct. The Void Star Alliance was formed to maintain order and balance among the Realms, but over time, they have become corrupted and oppressive. They exploit the resources of the weaker worlds for their own gain and impose their control over the Realms."

“I was once a rising star of the Li family in the Blood World, and after reaching the Ensoulment Realm, I was given an ultimatum” Li Ya continued, her gaze distant with fury as she seemed to recall her past. "It was a choice between joining the Luan family as a concubine or facing the wrath of two families. I chose to resist, and as a result, my mother, father and entire branch were targeted and almost erased from the history of the Blood World."

Her words were filled with deep bitterness and a strong sense of injustice and anger. Meng Lin could see the pain and resentment in her eyes, and she felt a pang of sympathy for the elderly woman.

"But are you not part of the Li family” Meng Lin asked, her confusion deepening. "How can your own family let that happen?”

Li Ya let out a sigh, the weight of her past seeming to press heavily on her. "You must understand, Meng Lin, that the Blood Realm is not as simple as you think. The Li Family might have my bloodline, but their loyalty lies with the Void Star Alliance, not with their own kin. They are willing to sacrifice their own for the sake of power and influence."

"The Luan and Li families, as representatives of the Blood Realm, have absolute control over our worlds. However two kings cannot rule one region so the Void Star Alliance decided to mix the Li Family into the Luan Family, facing that ultimatum, the Li family could only comply or face destruction”

“The Void Star Alliance decides the rules, they distribute resources, and they decide the fate of every living being in the Eight Realms. If they decide to wipe out a family, then that family will be wiped out, no questions asked."

As Li Ya finished explaining, Meng Lin grew silent her heart filled with a mix of emotions.

She felt a strange sense of dread creeping into her heart, something she had never experienced before.

"You said I am going to help you destroy this Xiao Luan," Meng Lin finally said, her voice soft yet firm. "How exactly am I supposed to do that?"

Li Ya gave her a long, hard look before finally breaking into a smile. "I knew you were the one when I first saw you. Although you have the High-Grade Brute physique, it’s not enough. if you cultivate the Brute Vortex Cultivation Method then you have the potential to change your physique into a Brute Vortex physique.”

"The Brute Vortex Cultivation Method," Meng Lin murmured, her eyes with curiosity and enthusiasm. "How long would it take for that to happen”

"Two to three hundred years, if your talent is good then it would only take a hundred,” Li Ya said, her gaze heavy.

Meng Lin who was slightly excited felt a sense of deflation at the mention of the time it would take, she was about to open her mouth to retort when a thought suddenly came to mind and she calmed down.

“Alright then,” Meng Lin said, her voice determined. "I'll do it. I'll cultivate the Brute Vortex Cultivation Method, but in return, I want you to help me find my mother."

Li Ya’s eyes flashed with countless lights as if calculating something before she nodded, her gaze softening. "Good. Then it’s settled," she said before her figure started to dissolve into a misty fog, her voice echoing in the vast field.

As the fog dissipated, Meng Lin was left alone in the vast field. She took a deep breath, her gaze becoming resolute. "The Void Star Alliance and the Luan Family," she murmured before her body started to dissipate, leaving with it her determination.

11