Chapter 163: Treasure Hunting Part 1
191 0 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

Weapon Enhancement Token
A token made from the essence of a Sacred body, it has the ability to transform any top-grade weapon within the Spiritual Rank into a weapon of the Sacred Rank.

Spatial Storm Talisman
A small piece of talisman forged within the Primeval Sea, it has the ability to create spiritual storms that give you access to the Primeval Sea.

Uses 0/5

Realm Travelers Map
A map detailing the directions of different realms within the primeval sea.

Qiankun Treasure Map
A map that details the location and difficulty of treasures around the user within the Qiankun world.

Meng Lin is leisurely seated cross-legged within a sea of clouds, with the support of her elemental qi, she had managed to fill the formless clouds with the properties of soft sand that helped create an ideal bed.

within her gaze were the descriptions of the last four items that she had not looked through before.

‘Quite interesting’ she thought ‘especially the Weapon Enhancement Token and the Spatial Storm Talisman’. Meng Lin thought to herself, her eyes filled with calm dullness.

"Although it might take a while for me to create a top-grade spiritual weapon but when I do create it, this Weapon Enhancement Token could come in handy then”

She turned her attention to the Spatial Storm Talisman. "I was wondering about how to leave this world but with this, I don’t have to worry”

“With the Realm Travelers Map I won’t get lost but I don’t think I am strong enough to travel through the primeval sea, I don’t have the Realm Crystal anymore, I should be careful and only use it when I truly feel confident, as it could be very dangerous."

Finally, her gaze fell on the last map. "This map is quite interesting as well, let’s look through it first”

Opening the map Meng Lin saw a vast beautiful landscape filled with smaller details, there was a green spot at the center of the landscape, and a few miles away from the green spot were different spots glowing blue, and at the edge of the map, a hundred miles away was a red spot that indicated danger.

Meng Lin held a finger under her chin in thought, analyzing the map in detail. The blue spots, she deduced, were likely to represent low-risk areas where treasures were located.

The green spot in the center naturally had to be her spot, as for the red spot on the edge of the map, Meng Lin could tell that it was an area of high risk, possibly a place where dangerous beasts resided or perhaps, the location of a powerful treasure guarded by formidable obstacles.

Meng Lin decided to plan her route carefully. She would first explore the blue spots closest to her.

The treasures there might not be as powerful but they were likely to be safer to retrieve, and she wanted to know of what grade they would be.

There are 14 spots within the radius and she intends to explore them all. As for the red spot, she would tackle it last when she had prepared adequately.

With her plan in place, Meng Lin rose from her cloud bed, her eyes gleaming with slight excitement.

Her first destination was at a forest not far from the cloud she was staying at, it didn’t take long for her to arrive above the forest in a beam of light, spreading her spiritual consciousness outward she scanned the area.

Within her spiritual consciousness were different beasts of various sizes that all released aura comparable to a Rank 2 Spirit beast, deeper within the woods Meng Lin scanned all areas before spotting a creature of a different grade, a five-meter tall sparrow comparable to a low-grade rank 3 beast, it was nesting next to an ancient tree releasing a unique aura.

Circulating the Formless Cultivation Method Meng Lin flew next to the creature and landed gracefully on the forest floor, her feet barely making a sound.

Her eyes scanned the sleeping bird before unfolding the Qiankun Treasure Map, and as she had thought, the blue spot was right next to her, the ancient tree releasing a unique aura.

Looking carefully she saw that from one of its branches was a fruit that glowed with a soft, ethereal light. It was the treasure – a Spiritual Fruit, she wondered about its properties as it was of another world.

As for the five-meter-tall bird, a thought couldn’t help but surface in her mind as a smile formed on her lips.

Summoning a charred sword Meng Lin said “Waterfall slash” and a ray of light rose.

Within the blink of an eye, before the sparrow could perceive any danger. Its head detached from its body and Meng Lin stood, her scarred sword reflecting the soft luminescence from the Spiritual Fruit above.

Unbothered by her action Meng Lin turned her attention towards the Spiritual Fruit, ‘consuming this fruit could potentially enhance my spiritual powers’ she thought.

She could feel some wave radiating from the fruit and her eyes sparkled with intrigue as she reached out to pluck it. However, the moment her fingers touched the fruit, she felt a sudden surge of energy that blocked her attempt.

Meng Lin became stunned, having not encountered this before. But, instead of feeling fear, a smile spread across her face. "Interesting," she murmured, steadying herself. "This fruit is protected by a spiritual barrier."

A barrier like this was not uncommon among high-grade spiritual treasures. These barriers were put in place to prevent weaker cultivators from obtaining the treasures.

However, Meng Lin knew that this fruit was not a high-grade spiritual fruit, comparable to a foundation establishment treasure at most.

She didn’t know why such a low-grade fruit was protected by such a high-grade barrier but she was undeterred, raising the scarred sword in her hand she released a waterfall slash once more.

Boom!!

The barrier shattered, and the Spiritual Fruit fell into her hands. It was heavier than it looked, and the energy it radiated was like a warm, pulsating heartbeat.

"This..." Meng Lin murmured, studying the Spiritual Fruit closely, "This will only slightly increase my cultivation, but if I consume hundreds of these then…”

With the Spiritual Fruit in her possession, Meng Lin turned her attention back to the five-meter dead sparrow. She had initially planned to leave the creature alone after obtaining the Spiritual Fruit, but a thought that she had long forsaken started to surface and it intrigued her.

This was another world, maybe the meat of such a beast could be edible or even delicious.

With a thoughtful look on her face, Meng Lin stored her sword. "There is no harm in testing it," she said, her voice echoing in the silent forest.

She began the process of dismantling the sparrow, careful not to waste any part of it. It was a bit tedious as it was a rank 3 beast, but after a few minutes, Meng Lin had completely dismantled the sparrow.

She sat down after making a fireplace and began cooking the raw flesh of the bird, as the meat came in contact with the heat, it sizzled and oil began to seep through its surface.

As the meat cooked over the open fire, an aroma began to waft through the forest, causing Meng Lin's senses to perk, She watched as the meat turned from a raw pink color to a tantalizing golden brown.

Once the meat was thoroughly cooked, Meng Lin used a long needle to skewer a piece and lifted it from the flames. It was still sizzling slightly, the heat radiating off it and warming the long needle in her palm.

But she couldn't feel much heat as it was far from damaging her skin, Meng Lin bit into the meat and her eyes flared in happiness.

The taste was quite good, the meat was tender and juicy with a hint of sweetness within.

Meng Lin closed her eyes, her thoughts on the taste, it was better than some of the delicacies she had eaten in her previous life, but still not the best.

However, she had a satisfied smile on her face. She looked up at the sky, her thoughts wandering.

The path she was on was filled with danger and challenges, but at least now there is something that can accompany her in her journey.

Feeling energized, Meng Lin got back to her feet. She packed up the rest of the dismantled parts and stored them away. She then took one last glance at the ancient tree before flying off towards her next destination.

11