(Vol-1) Ch. 2 – Five Days Of Despair
641 1 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Behind the grand castle of the Nora Empire, there is a dense forest. The forest was named after the ruler of this land, 'Forest of Dusk'. It is the home to various types of wild and friendly creatures.

The king often went here for hunting. Isabelle has heard tales of her father's brave adventures deep inside this forest, but she was not allowed to leave the castle walls, hence nobody knows wheater these tails were a real or just hoax to please his daughter.

At the moment, a girl was floating along the river that flows across this forest. Just this much wouldn't scare anyone, but along with the girl several human body parts were also floating. The water around the girl was red with blood, limbs could be seen floating around the girl. If one looked carefully, they might even be able to spot the eyes, arteries, flesh, bones and other human matter.

Isabelle was still unconscious and while floating like a dead body was stopped by a rather huge rock. Most of the human matter flowed around the rock but a few got blocked by Isabelle's body.

After nearly 3-4 hours, Isabelle limply opened her eyes.

The first thing she saw was limbs stuck to her body, Isabelle immediately stood up and ran out of the water. The river was not very deep, so it was rather easy for Isabelle to get to land.

Isabelle's silver robe was drenched with water, the smell of blood and human flesh still strong on the robe. Isabelle almost threw up due to the smell but held it back with all of her might. Isabelle was not able to comprehend what to do now, she was outside the castle's wall for the first time in her life and it was in the middle of nowhere surrounded by nothing but tall trees.

Suddenly the exploding body of brook appeared before in her mind, she tried to not think about that anymore but to no success. Isabelle broke down on the soft grass and started crying, but this time the voice was not stuck in her throat. Surrounding animals were able to hear her voice and ran away but those searching for some food had just hit the jackpot.

Isabelle didn't know that some wild animals were marching towards her voice at high speed, because of her being extremely sheltered she didn't know the dangers of a forest. She had only read about it in books, but the reality is often more gruesome and grim than those books. Isabelle kept thinking about brook's sacrifice, the scene of her father's ripped out intestines. The smell of her mother's burning limbs and all the emotions she had kept inside came out.

She kept blaming herself for all of this and kept cursing herself, but the most she cursed and loathed was his brother and Prince Timothy. She kept those two very close to her heart and now it was completely broken because of them. Isabelle's eyes became red with tears and anger, her nails clutching the grass with all of its might. Along with several other emotions, anger was most dominant inside of her.

Isabelle started having dark thoughts of murdering her fiance and brother in the most gruesome way, she started thinking of releasing those Umbyr on her chained enemies. 'No, No, No!.....what am I thinking? I'm not like this', Isabelle got surprised by her own thinking. She didn't know that someone like her is able to think about such messy stuff and murder methods.

But the time Isabelle had for herself was short-lived, she started hearing the howls and growling of some creatures. Isabelle realized that she messed up by crying so loud, her mind got overtaken by fear and she became petrified. Those creatures should reach her any moment now and tear her apart, Isabelle didn't want to become food to some lowly creatures.

'But what am I to do if I manage to escape?' thought Isabelle for a moment, just this single thought was able to rule over her mind and she started thinking about ending her life here. She thought about all the unexplored and unexpected events of the future, and her heart became heavy. She didn't know anything outside of castle walls, how was she survive in this open-world all by herself?

Her mind became gloomy thinking about all the challenges and difficulties ahead of her, she thought it would be much easier to just let it all end here.

The wild creatures were coming for her, she might as well provide them with some royal and delicious food. At least then she would prove useful to someone

The growling became louder and more clear, they were just second away from her. Isabelle started lying on the ground so that they could easily feast upon her

'Yes, this would be much better'

'Live long Princess!'

!!!

Suddenly Isabelle remembered Brook's dying words and last wish, Brook told her to live in their stead......so why was she preparing to die so happily?

'Am I trying to have their sacrifices become vain?'

A glimpse of courage rose inside Isabelle, she started thinking 'I can't die right now' over and over again. She had to survive, even if it's only for a day. At least that way, their sacrifice would not be in vain.

Isabelle quickly picked herself up and started running away from the voices. The wild creatures reached to where Isabelle was and found nothing, some turned around with disappointment but those with a strong sense of smell picked up on the strong smell that was on Isabelle's robe and started rushing towards it.

'I can't die, I can't die—' repeated Isabelle in her mind countless times, she was running with all of her strength but for some reason, the hungry voices of those creatures still didn't stop. Isabelle didn't know how were they able to chase her, but then suddenly the smell of her robe distracted her and she knew the reason.

Isabelle had to abandon her robe, but the thought of being in this forest in just her corset and underwear brought shame to her. She had never shown her partially nude body to anyone besides her mother and her dignity as the princess of Nora Empire didn't allow her to leave the robes behind.

The growling and sound of the creatures became happier when the smell got more intense, they knew that their prey was now very close but unfortunately for them when they reached the source of the smell, they only found a dirty robe there.

Tears of shame were flowing out of Isabelle's eyes. She! the one and only princess of the great Nora Empire was now running across the forest in just her undergarments. The shame was enough for Isabelle to kill herself but not literally.

Isabelle knew this had to be done for her to survive, just this level of difficulty took a strong toll on Isabelle's mind. She became exhausted and with the help of the nearby tree sat down. She rested her head on the tree trunk and started rumbling to herself.

"What am I going to do now?"

"Living is difficult...but I can't die also"

"Have to kill those two and the animals that are living in this forest for humiliating the princess of Nora Empire"

"Because of them, my family is dead.......because of these filthy creatures, I'm sitting in my undergarments in the open"

"hahaha, these thoughts are not suitable for a princess......it makes me look like some crazy women"

"But......these thoughts are really comforting. Thinking about their deaths is bringing some sort of happiness and peace inside me. Is this the cursed blood that Timothy was talking about?" Tears started flowing down Isabelle's cheeks realizing what she's capable of thinking.

*GROWL!*

A loud noise came from Isabelle's stomach, she has been running and has been under constant stress from midnight, now it was almost evening. She hadn't eaten anything for 15 hours, now that she's somewhat relaxed her body started reminding her to eat.

Isabelle didn't know how to obtain food inside this forest, her food was always served to her, she didn't have to lift even a single finger for eating food. Now that she had to find food and even cook it by herself, Isabelle didn't know what to do. She knew she could survive without food for 5 days most but without water, it can prove dangerous.

Isabelle thought to find that river she was floating on, but she didn't have any sense of direction after running away from those creatures. Isabelle picked herself up and started walking, she needs to find food and water or if her luck is good even the way out of this forest. The trees of this forest were dense and enormous, so no sky was visible from below making it more difficult for Isabelle to navigate through this forest.

She kept walking for a few hours but didn't find anything, she did find some berries and fruits, but Isabelle didn't know whether these were poisonous or not. The thought of the delicious food prepared inside the castle kept crawling back to her mind but realizing that she may never get to eat that food again...... she started realizing the value of the food she ate so carefreely every day. Isabelle started regretting never saying a word of appreciation for those maids that prepared her meals, but she will never get that opportunity again. They are all dead in the sorriest state possible.

Again extreme anger started rising inside Isabelle, she wanted to release this anger upon the filth that ruined her life and people, but surrounding her were only trees and grass at her feet. Isabelle started punching the tree beside her, with every punch she made a growling noise. While preparing for the next punch she breathed heavily like a wild beast, after striking the tree she growled like a hungry beast wanting to rip open anyone that came near her.

After a few strikes, the next blow made a crunching sound. The skin on Isabelle's knuckles has shredded, extreme pain ran through Isabelle's body but the anger was dominating her mind and actions. She kept punching the tree again and again till the bones of her knuckles started cracking, a few strands of skin could be seen lying on the grass and raw muscles of her knuckle were now clearly visible. The pain was enough for Isabelle to start crying though silently but even while crying she didn't stop punching the tree. After several minutes, Isabelle finally stopped punching the tree. There was a spot of thick blood on the tree's trunk, blood was dripping from Isabelle's hands but the raw anger inside her still didn't vanish.

Was this the result of Isabelle's blood? or was this just how she was......Isabelle didn't know the answer, but what she did know was that her mind was a dark and creepy place. She imagined this poor tree to be the filth that she hated and once she started punching that filth she couldn't stop, 'No, that's wrong. I didn't want to stop'

"I just wanted to make them suffer, to make them experience the worst pain possible"

But along with shredding the skin off her knuckles, this action also made her more hungry and thirsty. After the adrenaline passed away Isabelle's body became weak and she fell down, after which she quickly fell asleep.

.

.

.

The next day Isabelle woke up, she was a red creature licking the blood off her hands. She recognized the creature to be 'Red Rabot' which survives by drinking liquids and its favourite liquid is blood. Isabelle's stomach was growling like a beast, suddenly an idea came to mind. If she followed the Red Rabot it might lead her to the source of water. Isabelle scared the Red Rabot away by threatening it with a punch and quietly started following it. After following it for nearly 4 hours Isabelle gave up, 'That stupid creature found every liquid besides water!'

Isabelle's throat was starting to itch now and she could also feel some pain at certain times, she also started feeling a stretching feeling in her stomach and it made her very uncomfortable.

After searching for water the entire day, Isabelle still didn't find anything. She could have killed some friendly animals but she didn't know how to make suitable tools for that, and she also didn't know how to start a fire to cook it.

Isabelle was not allowed to practise swordsmanship, but she was allowed to learn magic. But unfortunately, she didn't have much affinity for magic and thus stopped learning it. She remembered being depressed for the whole month because of this, 'Dusk' family was known for its excellent control over magic, her father was also an expert magic controller but she, his daughter had no talent in magic. This kept eating her mind for several years, till she found something she had talent in and that was dancing and flower arrangement......but that had no use here.

.

.

.

The next day came, now it was Isabelle's third day all alone in this forest. It has been three days and she hasn't eaten anything and not a single drop of water has gone down her throat.

Isabelle's throat was very dry, her windpipe was hurting like crazy. Words couldn't come out of her mouth anymore, her lips dry and were cracking. If she applied force to her lips with the help of her teeth small amount of blood came out of the cracks and she drank it to satisfy her thirst but it didn't help.

The stretch in her stomach was no more uncomfortable but just painful, she could feel her stomach pistoning up and down. She has secreted her feces safely but she didn't have any water to wash her hole with, dark circles appeared under her eyes.

This day also passed without her finding anything.

.

.

.

Now came the fourth day, Isabelle didn't expect to survive till now. But the blood she drank from her lips looks to have helped a little bit, but not much. It has only extended her life for one day.

Isabelle's mind was completely empty now, she didn't have have any energy to think anymore. She was just lying on the ground, her dead eyes looking up at the trees blocking the sky. Her entire body was covered with mud and dirt, she didn't have the will left to stand anymore.

She secreted her wastes by just lying there, she had an uncomfortable feeling down her butt but Isabelle didn't care anymore. She had done all she could to survive, now she couldn't take it anymore. Even brook's words no longer had any effect on her mind, she just laughed it off as 'He placed his bet on the wrong person'

Isabelle was starting to hallucinate, she could see trees above her going in curves. She felt her mind go round and round, she started seeing a mixture of colours around her. The world around her was taking various shapes, she felt like she floating in the air. Her body felt light, she didn't even want to lift a single finger from the ground, just her eyes were open. Her eyes wide open seeing the various crazy illusions around her.

"HAahaha.....haha........ha......heheheehee......hahahehhehe....haha.....—"

Dry laughs started escaping Isabelle's mouth, each laugh making her throat more miserable. Due to the immense itching in her throat, Isabelle started scratching her throat with her nails. She started scratching her throat like a crazy person, red nail marks started appearing on her throat, the skin scratches on her throat become redder and deep. Skin started getting scraped off her throat, her nails touched the exposed muscles, the pain enough to make someone unconscious. But Isabelle kept going, she started applying more force to her nails, the scratching now making a weird noise. Isabelle started feeling alive again, she withdrew her hands from the throat and started scratching her belly and arms.

The awfully pungent smell given by her body attracted a wild Sabre near Isabelle, the hungry Sabre went towards the smell and saw a girl scratching her entire body while laughing like a maniac. The Sabre got scared of the girl, but it also had to fill up its belly. It jumped towards Isabelle with his sharp claws pointing at her.

Isabelle saw the Sabre jump at her, 'Live Long Princess!' a loud voice of brook came from inside Princess, but Isabelle just laughed it off loudly.

"Hahahah!....You were wrong to place your petty hope on me! hahaha......hahah—"

Isabelle opened her eyes wide and smiled like a ferocious beast, telling the sabre to come and eat her. The sabre hesitated again for a bit seeing this crazy girl in front of her but he was also determined to provide for his family.

At the last moment, just before Sabre's claw reached Isabelle's head its paws go chopped off. The sabre fell across Isabelle, it tried looking up to see what happened, but before it could figure out what happened, a sharp blade went through its skull and its life faded away.

"Jeez, what's a young lady like yourself doing deep within the forest?"

Isabelle saw a woman wearing purple-red gothic clothes and holding an umbrella in her left hand. A blade coming out from the tip of the umbrella.  Isabelle smile grew even wider and she lost consciousness

" *Haaaah* what a filthy looking girl"

Lilith Raven seeing the girl in front of her couldn't help but lose her appetite.


22