Chapter 1 : The Beginning
545 0 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Confused and dizzy, I woke up in an unfamiliar bedroom. Memories of Elina flooded my mind, mingling with my jumbled recollections. Despite the confusion, I felt grateful for the caring family that stood by me, regardless of my mysterious past.

Upon reflection, I realized that this body was quite fragile, and to make matters worse, I lacked any natural talent for magic.

"Well, talent is not everything. The strongest archmage is talentless."

"Elinaa!!" Suddenly I hear a man's voice. It was a gentle voice despite his manly appearance.

"Are you okay? Do you remember me?" asked the man.

I nodded. A faint smile adorned His face, tears streaming down. I couldn't help but wonder how much pain he had endured. He embraced me tightly, almost suffocating, as if seeking relief in our embrace.

This man is named Baron Blade Aslan, the Aslan family head and the only swordmaster that can compete with expert magicians without the help of magic.

"I am sorry, Elina. Because of my incompetence, your mother is fallen too deep asleep because of outbreak years ago." said Father to me

Lady Yurika, My Mom is unconscious because of a disaster. Despite the Aslan family's social stigmatization, my father utilized his power to shield and defend my mother and me.

"It's okay, Dad. I am here." I started hugging him.

His face revealed it all – a profound sadness and despair that he held within. The loss of his entire family weighed heavily on him, and I couldn't comprehend the pain of failing to protect those closest to him. My past was marred by betrayal from my own family, and it was doubly tragic that the family I had dedicated myself to defending had betrayed me in return.

The joyful reunion lasted for hours, brimming with heartfelt conversations. He genuinely wanted my happiness and inquired about my deepest desires. Instantly, I responded, "I wish to have a loving family. I don't want to be alone anymore."

He smiled and said, "Look, my dear Yurika, our daughter brings me so much joy. It feels like a dream come true."

I had worried about his pale face before, but seeing him now, full of energy and wearing a genuine smile, made me realize that today was a day of happiness.

I was told to take it easy and rest since I had been in a coma for a whopping five years. My body felt so weak that I had this sneaking suspicion that even a light breeze could send me flying like a leaf in the wind.

Day after day I was coming to the library to read history and to understand the current world conditions. I was surprised the time passed so quickly, turns out I'm 1000 years in the future.

Strangely enough, why were swordsmen deemed inferior in the eyes of the world? I was wondering thousand years ago the strongest person beside me is magic swordmaster Arlan. Although his magic may be considered ordinary, his exceptional sword technique, precise footwork, commanding auras, and numerous other skills are nothing to scoff at. Even other Archmages find themselves struggling when confronted by his prowess. Although I admit, I'm the lucky one who manages to handle him effortlessly.

According to the book i read, the first-dimensional crack opened when i first descended. Now, I see a multitude of cracks scattered across the landscape, accompanied by numerous accidents. If a dimensional crack were to occur in this area, I would be doomed. Unfortunately, I struggle to utilize the mana flow effectively in this body.

Let's head back to my room and continue my training. I hope Dad isn't back yet; he looked pale when I accidentally tripped. Imagining him finding me injured while trying to clear my blocked mana path. Well, it might be too much for him to handle.

Let's get started! I began clearing the blocked mana path. It was a bit painful, but I could handle it since I had surpassed the 10 circle stage. Reaching this stage was known as the "unlimited stage" because it granted an immense amount of mana. At first, I believed it was impossible, considering my past as a fragment of light. Now, as an ordinary human, I had a theory to break through the limits of 10 circles. I was confident that I could achieve it.

"Uggh, I must concentrate!"

This is the most dangerous step, creating a virtual mana library. My secret to possessing tremendous mana even before surpassing the 10 circles stage, lies in having a second virtual heart mana. After cleaning the mana path there will be slight time to channel heart mana to virtual ones then I need to break the current mana circulation and share it to the second heart. In the past many powerful mages held a misguided theory of channeling the mana path directly into their brain. However, this approach resulted in severe damage to the brain and often led to the loss of sanity.

That's why I managed to survive after being stabbed in the heart by my own family.

"Haghhhh, it was a piece of cake"

"Eh, why my vision is shaky, ughh"

After the creation of the virtual heart, I collapsed, realizing that my body couldn't endure such excruciating pain, even if it was bearable.

The next day, I wake up to find Dad sleeping beside me. I didn't know what happened after I collapsed. His face is so cool despite sleeping. I wondered if he was worrying about me. I held his cheek and gave it a playful tug, realizing how stubborn and determined he was, just like that annoying Arlan. Though, I must say, my Dad is far from being as foolish as Arlan. Ugh, recalling that dimwitted Arlan is quite irritating.

Surprisingly, he was already awake.

"hmmph. My Dear, are you okay? You like playing with Dad's cheek?"

I smiled shyly, didn't know how to answer.

Dad misunderstood, called a healer, thought I had a weird disease.

The healer is checking my body and even checking my mana path.

"Is she okay, miss? The last time I saw her spilling blood through her mouth, I worried if it was disease."

She answered confusedly, "There was no issue with her body. She was healthy. hmmm"

"What is it?" my father curious about what the healer thought.

"Her mana path is so clear, and I noticed circulating mana in her body that works like mana heart. It's almost like she has a second heart, but maybe it's just a mistake in my diagnosis. I am not sure."

Hearing what the she said, cold sweat rushed down my whole body.

"(aggghh, what the hell is happening, i forgot to hide it from her)"

Dad curious if it was okay, the healer make a clear statement that my body was healthy and it was enough for him.

----

Continued ~

16