Chapter 5 : The History of Astra
151 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

With dawn's rise, the sun unveils its golden face, and Birds' melodies grace the serenity of this new day's embrace.

"Huagghhh, ouch! my whole body hurts." I groaned in pain.

"Ahh, I didn't feel like doing anything yet. Maybe I just lay in bed and sleep again."

*Tokk tokk tokk ... Someone knocking My bedroom door.

Ignoring the door's knocks, I sought comfort in sleep once more.

Suddenly someone pinched my cheek.

"Ouch..!"

"Breakfast is ready! How's your physical condition?" Alessia asked with a chuckle.

"My body is perfectly fine, you know. I'm not your average kid," I retorted, My tone laced with a hint of defiance and self-assuredness.

She poked my shoulder, where the brushes were still there.

"Ouchh!! Hey."

She chuckled at my groan of pain.

"Hoo, You pretend to be strong in front of me but act very spoiled in front of Blade."

"By the way, your Dad is heading out to attend to some business matters," she informed me.

"Must be busy these days," I commented, understanding the possible cause of his absence.

She whistled and said, "Hoo, you're growing up these days, huh? I thought you were going to throw a tantrum."

My face flushed, and I covered it by eating the porridge given by her.

I tried changing the topic.

"Why didn't you come with Father, Master?"

I couldn't understand why, but her face turned red. Was it because I called her "Master"?

"Well, You are under my care, so I can't simply leave you," she said while covering her mouth.

"Um, you can already walk, right?"

"Of course!" I answered confidently.

"Would you like to go for a slight stroll?", Asked her nicely.

"Sure. Where should we go?"

"You might want to visit your Mom."

"Let's go then!"

The two of us strolled leisurely, enjoying the busy morning at the mansion. We greeted the maids and workers who were cleaning and renovating the part of the mansion affected by the disaster yesterday.

"Ahh, Young Lady Elina. Are you alright? I heard you were affected by a disaster."

"Hehe, I'm fine. See, I can smile this wide. Dad and Master protected me."

"Thank goodness you're fine. Sir Blade was extremely concerned about you when he departed," She said while smiling brightly.

"Now, excuse this old lady. I have work to do," she said gently.

She walked away, resuming her work.

"Elina, that fair maid named Maria is incredibly kind and gentle. I remember her well from when I used to play with your Dad in your ages," Alessia shared with nostalgic affection in her voice.

"Whoa! Master know Dad that long?" I asked with curiosity.

"Of Course, we were rivals in the magic academy!" She informed me with her proud face.

"What did Dad look like in his younger age?"

"Well, He used to be quite rebellious and mischievous. He had no interest in learning magic at first. After I completely outmatched him with my own magical abilities, he began to take an active interest."

I was so shocked, "I thought Dad was a quiet and elegance guy."

"Hahaha! He sure changed a lot after meeting Yurika," Alessia burst out laughing.

"hmm, what Mom looks like when meeting Dad ?"

"Hmm, Yurika was a quiet and respectful child. She was like a flower in the class for her elegance. Despite her excellence in combat, she had much passion for researching magic tools,"

"What?! "Created by Yurika," I see in the book is Mom?

"Who else could it be? She created many inventions like lamps, mana batteries, and many other magic tools at her young age."

"Wow, that's what Mom and Dad looked like in the past," I replied, my face filled with amazement.

"Haha, that is just the tiniest bit of their past. The three of us used to be an S-Ranked Adventurer party too,"

I don't know what happened, but she looked sad while remembering the past.

"Wow, that must be fun."

"Well, you must train hard. In three years, when you turn fourteen, you'll have to attend the academy. If you fail the test, you know what will happen, right?" she looked at me while clenching her fist.

"Ah. I understand, Master." I'm much more afraid of destroying the ongoing exam.

"May I ask something, Master?"

"Sure."

"Where did Dad go ?" I asked with curiosity.

"Hmm, he needs to report the damage to my father, and I believe he wants to reclaim his land and title that were stolen by another noble,"

"Don't worry too much, Elina. Your Dad was the strongest in the kingdom during his prime. I didn't stand a chance against him if he could fully harness his mana. Now, he has already healed, so you don't have to worry,"

"Ah, I see." I'm very confused because I don't know much about noble politics.

"Wait, Master didn't stand a chance against Dad?"

"Yep, I didn't know much about how he suffered from the curse before. But, the one whose name in Rainbow Six is the kingdom's extraordinary forces."

Alessia started smirking. I didn't know what she was plotting.

"Now, now, let's begin the history class. Since you've been in a coma for so long, you mustn't know much about history, right?"

We went together to the Mansion Garden and began discussing history.

"Truly, I was not the strongest archmage in the kingdom. But still, I am above average archmage."

"There are still plenty of powerful archmages in the continent of Astra. This is due to the propaganda employed by my father, the King, to gain the trust of his people and maintain a balance of power with the other nations,"

"Long ago, everyone on the continent united to form the Astra Liberation Force to fight against the invasion of monsters from other dimensions. They were led by The Ruler of Magic and Sword King 1000 years ago, which freed everyone from misery. As time went by, the forces on the Astra continent separated into four parts. The Astra continent is divided into four great kingdom forces: Valhalla the Human, Celestria the Elf, Etheria the Beast, and Arcanum the Dwarf,"

"The world is at peace. But recently, there have been several cases of devil cults attempting to open the gates of destruction. As we witnessed yesterday, if that were to happen on a large scale, it could prove fatal to humanity,"

"Master, how is the other nation's condition ?"

"It's reporting the same issue. But no worries, we adults will take care of this." Master trying to cheer me up by patting my head.

This is strange. A thousand years ago, no one knew how to forcibly open or seal the gate except me. On top of that, opening the gate requires an incredible amount of mana. Are they storing mana? Similar to how a battery works? This frustration overwhelms me,"

Seeing me frustrated, Master tried to comfort me. "Haha, all you need to do is pass the examination. You don't have to save the world, Elina. Leave the problem to us,"

"So, what information would you like to ask?"

"When can we go to Mom's place?" She slapped her forehead, realizing she had forgotten the purpose of the stroll.

------------------

Hello, I am here. I'll change the dialogue to reflect what really happened. How does that sound? Feedback is really appreciated ~

Thank you for reading

9