DESPAIR
17 2 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Boy get out of there!" yelled Mr. Johnston. I rolled and barely managed to dodge that disgusting claw. I frantically picked myself up and continued to run.

The heavy stomps could be heard behind me and I knew full well that it was following me.

"FUCK!" I couldn't help but curse.

'Shitty hell! Out of everyone here, why does it have to be me?!' I complained as I panted for breath.

'So damn tired. So damn thirsty. So damn HUNGRY. I want to get out of this hellhole.'

As my thoughts continued to flash, my back suddenly tingled and I hurriedly ran left.

A huge crater formed in the ground where I once stood. My heart lept to my throat and I immediately tossed my last smoke bomb on that fleshy slimy face.

The monster roared.

In fury, it continued to randomly swipe with its single hand. Thankfully it's a Marey. If it was a Junglee I would have long died.

I happily turned around, ready to escape. But as I took a step, the ground felt mushy and I was being swallowed.

Time seems to slow down. The ground slowly engulfed me as I try to lift my legs.

I try and try but I continue to sink.

So agonizingly fast.

So agonizingly slow.

'Despair' a voice whispered in my mind.

Despair

DEspair

DESpair

DESPair

DESPAir

DESPAIr

DESPAIR DESPAIR DESPAIR DESPAIR DESPAIR DESPAIR DESPAIR DESPAIR DESPA-

"SHUT UP!!!" I shouted, vainly covering my ears. The voice ignored my plea and continue to whisper then scream in my head.

It's so loud.

It's so PAINFUL!

The ground quickly swallowed me 'till it reached my neck. It feels so cold, fleshy, slimy, and disgusting.

It has the smell of rotting corpses.

I tried to gasp for clean air and continued to raise my hand. I hoped to be saved. I hoped someone would pull me up.

DESPAIR!!!

"NO!" I yelled but it was futile. It swallowed my face. I couldn't breathe.

DESPAIR!!!

-Ssshh

...

Silence

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The young man opened his eyes. He saw a white ceiling.

"He's awake!"

"One has revived. Continue to the next one."

The doctor rushed to his side, checked his condition, and wrote down his analysis. The boy continued to look at the ceiling in a daze.

A few minutes later, he turned his head and faced the doctor. In a dry coarse voice, he asked "Where am I?"

"You're in the hospital" the doctor quickly replied.

The doctor then gave a smile, " You and the others were unknowingly overdosed on scenian and entered the realistic virtual reality world named 'Devil's Land'. Don't worry, the scenian lessened and the opportunity to bring you out came. The officials hacked into your brain computer and woke you up."

The young man nodded with a blank expression and turned his head to the ceiling again.

'I'm free'

The End.

Wattpad:

Written: 03/01/23

Published: 03/02/23

 

Neobook:

Written: 03/01/23

Published: 06/16/23

 

ScribbleHub:

Written: 03/01/23

Published: 06/16/23

1