Chapter 43 – Talking Zombies!
94 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Those two, acting so lovely-dovey,” Eve carried the case that was as big as her body, walking in the middle of the road. It annoyed her so much. Her job finished after shooting the zombies and making them retreat, and she could see a group of zombies coming for her with her future sight. That was why she made her way to the rendezvous tent.

Although as she reached closer, she saw more people than she expected. There was a whole crowd wearing mis-match armour. Only thing they had in common were the shields and spears. She stopped, looking for a familiar face when she saw Rei running towards her, “I knew it was you!”

“Is everything ok?”

“We lost contact with one of our scouts!” Rei pulled Eve’s gloved hand, “where is your brother? And Saeko?! Some reports say that enemies are moving in smalls groups!”

“Small groups? How many?” Eve hurriedly asked. She understood why it was so noisy. Until now, they knew another zombie could control zombies, but there was only one of that. If they were moving into two teams, ‘I need to tell big brother.’

“They are already here! Everyone! Defend!”

“No! They are here! We are not ready!” Rei jerked her head back, seeing the crowd of zombies running towards them. The people were in shambles. Her eyes were spinning in confusion, unable to decide. If she wanted to go inside or run towards the zombies. Her eyes widened, seeing a hole appear and zombies fall one after the other.

“Rei! Don’t lose your mind! You are in command here,” Eve lightly said, holding a pistol with silencer attached to the muzzle, calmly shooting the zombies in the head. It pained her to use these bullets since she was running low on them.

“Y-Yeah!” Rei raised her voice, “everyone! Get back! Form a line!”

She tried to shout, but only a few people stopped. She forcefully raised her voice, “I SAID FORM A LINE!!!”

Eve walked behind the people, forming a line, carrying their shields. Her eyes looked towards the zombies. She narrowed her deep ruby eyes, seeing one of them step backward when she tried to kill it. She pulled out the magazine, “three bullets.”

‘I am already tired from using Future Sight to kill those zombies on the roof, and then I had to constantly use it to make sure none of the zombies attacked me…and now this…’ Eve put her hand inside her cloak, taking out another pistol with a silencer attached to it.

“Pierce!”

“HAAH!!!”

“PIERCE!”

“HAAAAAAAAAHH!!!”

“STEP AND PIERRCCCCEEE!!!”

“HAAAAHHH!!!”

“PIERCEEEEE!”

‘Powerful…’ Eve watched them. Even she felt their strength, seeing them pierce zombies one after the others that kept coming. They pushed against the shield, forcing them to take a step back, and their spears pierced the zombies again.

“STEP BACK! READY YOURSELF.”

Eve watched them fight, and the numbers of zombies started to die down. She noticed the two zombies walk around the corner and run. She wanted to go after them, but dividing the group to capture them seemed like a death sentence. One of those bad decisions that others couldn’t even regret, “but the direction they are going…”

A Few Blocks Away,

“I know you two,” Saeko stopped in front of the two zombies, wearing their school’s uniform. Her eyes fixed on the girl with short orange hair, tucked back with a hairband, and the guy with short yellow coloured hair. She turned her eyes back towards the girl, “You are…?”

“Damn it! Another one of these insects!” The yellow-haired guy screamed, clenching his fist.

“No, Tsunoda,” the girl stopped him from attacking, grinning, “don’t kill her. We are going to take her back with us. It would be perfect, breaking her and then making her open the path for us!”

“Huh, hahaha,” Tsunoda ran his eyes over Saeko, when his one eye widened, feeling blood spill out of the other one. He fumbled back, holding his eye, “What!! What!!!!!!!! FUCKKKKKKKK!! MY EYE!”

“TSUNODA!” Yuuki screamed, her mouth open, when she felt a shadow behind her. She tried to turn, only for it to kick her behind her knee, forcing her to kneel. He pulled her head back by her hair, making her widen her eyes, meeting with his crystal blue eyes when shoved his gun through her mouth, pressing it against her tongue.

“You don’t talk about my girlfriend like that,” he shot her tongue, the bullet made a hole through the tongue and came out from under her chin, piercing her in the leg.

“YUUKI! YOU BASTARD—” Tsunoda screamed when he felt another gun press against his good eye, unable to see the guy holding the gun, only hearing his voice.

“And you don’t see her with those eyes.”

BANG

“AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

Saeko crossed her arms, letting out a sigh, “You…are as possessive as usual. I could have made them talk.”

Aurum scratched his cheek, acting innocent, ignoring the screaming zombies. He kicked them away, walking towards Saeko, seeing the smile on her lips, “you don’t hate it.”

“Why would I hate it? It only makes me love you more,” Saeko placed her palm on his chest, gently kissing his lips, and he kissed her back. She watched the zombies from the corner of her eyes, seeing them run off together. She stopped kissing, “they ran.”

“They ran,” Aurum looked back from the corner of his eyes, “they gained intelligence but lost some of their strength. I am starting to get an idea how this works.”

“Did you figure something out?”

“Well, like how everyone has different parameters right? Saya and I had this theory, that zombies lost their intelligence, in turn the stat points that should be in intelligence, divided into other parameters. Seeing them proves it. They are weaker than other Second Stage Zombies,” Aurum scratched his head, “Oh well. Do we have someone who could follow them?”

“You won’t do it?”

“Well…you got dressed. I wanted to spend some time with you,” Aurum took in her scent, “you smell so damn good.”

Saeko took a deep breath, unable to hold herself back. She took a deep breath, cupping his cheek, whispering, “I don’t mind your weaknesses. Every man has one. And I know what fuels you lust. But the man I love wouldn’t let it distract him from what is important. Aurum…have you become weaker?”

Aurum hung on her, taking a deep breath, “Maybe…the Apocalypse…there aren’t many people. Little that are, I can control. I can protect Eve…mostly…I might have been enjoying myself too much.”

Saeko stroked his head, closing her eyes, hugging him, “I don’t understand…I can’t even imagine what all that tension did to you. It almost seems cruel to ask you to stop enjoying this peace and protect people.”

Saeko ran her fingers through his hair, “I…Aurum. I don’t even care all that much…and you know it. But I know…that you do. And I know how much you hate losing. So wake up and fight. And I promise…I will be right beside you.”

 Aurum hugged her a little tighter, closing his eyes, “You are right. Saeko.”

“Yeah?”

“Let me hold you a little longer.”

“You don’t have to ask,” Saeko smiled, nuzzling against his neck, “I am yours.”

3