Ch.1 – The birth of a new evil?
999 9 26
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Darkness. The Void. In the eternal blackness one finds there, a single red flame lit up a tiny part of sheer endlessness. The flame was not fuelled in any visible way, yet its size did not decrease like one would assume from a conventional fire. It simply existed in this space and the space simply existed around it.

“Who am I?” the flame asked, in hopes of getting an answer.

After some time, which could have been seconds, years or millennia since the concept of time does not apply to the void, a masculine voice replied:

“You are a Demon King, my creation, born out of necessity.” This sentence seemed to come from everywhere and it filled the entire void before it got silent again.

“What is a Demon King, and why am I necessary?” the flame was eager to know more.

The voice spoke up once again: “You are what many mortals would consider a pure evil being, something born out of spite to plunge the world into chaos and destruction. Thy existence has been deemed crucial by me, your creator and for the world I will send you to. Your task is indeed to throw the world into chaos, but not out of spite like mortals assume. No, this world, your future world, has gone stale, the gears of innovation have stopped turning and stagnation set in. Like a parasite buried into their skulls it corrupted the minds and numbed their vision. But to give those residents a hope for the future, innovation is vital. That is why I created you.”

“I understand my creator, but how am I able to do this tremendous task all by myself? One against a whole world seems impossible!” almost shouting, the red flame stated its concern.

“Do not worry because every Demon King has the ability to create subordinates to aid his task. On top of this, all Demon Kings are associated with a sin of their choice. Fulfilling this sin further enhances their powers to help their endeavour. If someone chose greed, then their power grows relative to the amount of gold they have amassed for example. You are also allowed to choose a sin of your own.”

An uncertain amount of time passed anew. The flame replied with a simple “Love… I want the sin of love.”

“… Pardon? Love? How exactly is that a sin? No, you cannot choose love as a sin. How about wrath? It was popular by a few of your predecessors.” The voice answered perplexed.

“I do not want wrath; I strongly stand with my decision. So, I repeat, I want the sin of love. Is it not a sin, when one vowed their love to an individual only to find comfort in the embrace of another?” the flame stated its choice and also asked the voice.

“No, I will not grant you the sin of love!” the voice stated in a commanding tone.

“You just told it that this entity is free to choose its sin. Do not take back your statement now.” A new, female voice spoke and with it the void began to shift, not by a lot but distinguishable nonetheless.

“But- “

“No but’s! Either you fulfill its request or I will.” The female voice stated firmly its opinion.

“Fine! Let this Demon King have this stupid sin, but don’t complain afterwards, you hear me.” The male voice added “I wanted to tell him more about the world he will be send into and his abilities as a Demon King, but a certain women had to butt in and sour my mood, so I will take my leave.”

After those words were spoken the void shifted one again and while it stayed visually the same, it felt different. From one kind of nothingness to another.

“Since my Husband is gone now, your remaining time here is shortened greatly and while I personally cannot explain everything in detail about the world called Xeniath, which you will be send into, as well as the different races and their cultures inhabiting it, I am going to send a guide with you to help you out as much as she can. She is probably going to be a handful sometimes, but never forget this. If the whole world and your own subordinates turn against you and it feels like you can trust no one anymore, she will be loyal to you no matter what happens.” The female voice told this the lone flame with motherly care.

A moment later a green flame grew next to the already existing red flame. And while it was smaller in size it brilliance wasn´t any less than its crimson counterpart.

“Too bad the time is up already, but I wish you only the best, my children. And you also know what your purpose is my child?” the voice asked and with a short, intense flash the green flame seemed to give its answer.

“Well then, farewell both of you.”

With those words, the blackness of the void began to clear up, it got brighter and brighter until both flames seemed to get swallowed by the sheer intensity of the now changing void.

 

[Planet Xeniath]

Chirping birds, rustling leaves, the warmth of the sun tenderly kissing my face. Those are all the things I can currently perceive. My body feels so incredibly heavy. It simply refuses any command I give. After some time I begin to notice something else. This comfortable heat radiating inside the deepest part of myself. I can feel how it grows with every passing moment, enveloping each cell it passes by, seemingly waking it in the process. As this warmth spreads further, I start to feel my body more and better. The head were his heat started, followed by the neck, the upper body, the hip, arms with 5 fingers each and last but not least the legs with their respective 5 toes.

I bask in this soothing moment, drawing it out as long as possible because it just feels so good. Not even the slight rustling of what I assume to be grass next to me is able to interrupt this instant. What finally brings me out of this trancelike state is a sound, which I never heard before.

“Milord?”

Well as it turns out, imagining a story and writing one, especially one others can read is mot as easy as I thought it would be. My respect to every writer out there doing it. And now that the first chapter is done, only the future will show what lies ahead. Anyways thanks for reading this novice story.

26