Chapter 165: Yelina
49 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Damaged limbs not growing back... That's not normal, even for the worst injuries, especially to be done by a monster," Chu remarked, his usually composed expression was now reflecting genuine worry.

"What in the world happened in that dungeon?" King Girsal questioned, his voice a low growl, his eyes burning with slight anger.

The knight swallowed hard before continuing, "The healer tried everything, but it's as if the very essence of life has been drained from those limbs. They're just... lifeless."

Girsal's fists clenched at his sides, and he took a deep breath, trying to maintain composure. "Have any healers in the kingdom dealt with injuries like this before?" he asked, directing the question more to himself than anyone in the room.

Chu exchanged a worried glance with King Girsal. "I've never heard of anything like this for a monster. But it does look similar to the damage our weapons make," he suggested, his tone laced with unease.

“But when you examined his wounds was it a weapon or a monster?” Chu nervously asked.

"Those wounds are too crooked to be done by a human. Even if a human or other race tried to be sneaky, there would be a trace that it was done by them!” the knight confidently claimed, but Girsal frowned.

"Dammit!" Girsal yelled.

“How could this have happened when the security Meimus were patrolling around? It was supposed to inform us as soon as anyone was in danger, so why?” Chu asked. “What’s more, the dungeons around aren't that dangerous, unless someone goes into the higher levels. Yet for a prince of the Shinia Highland to get injured in our territory is extremely bad news,” Chu said nervously.

"Bring him to the palace. I'll send him to the Saintess of Nature to be healed," Girsal ordered, and Chu nodded before they both left the throne room.

"Your Majesty! We shall do as you say!" They both said before leaving the throne room.

“Why did this have to happen?” King Girsal sighed before walking back to his throne and slumping on it. “I already had a head dealing with Aurianna now at this time of night things are getting more troublesome.” He grunted. “But I can't ignore the fact that this may be the work of an assassin or even one of my own people. Doing this in order to sow discord between the two countries.”

“Your Majesty!” A knight walked in and bowed to King Girsal.

"Prince Batholem is outside," the knight announced, and Girsal perked up.

"Let him in," Girsal ordered, and Batholem walked in without a bow.

"Good evening, King Girsal. Peter and I are leaving for our homeland," Batholem said with a smile.

'He didn't even bow. He sees me beneath him. Arrogant Royal Human,’ King Girsal thought as he noticed Batholem's disrespectful attitude.

Noticing Batholem's arrogance, he played along, saying, "Not interested in marriage discussions?"

Batholem shook his head, "There's no need. Marriage isn't for the broken. It leads to complications, misunderstandings, and pain. I'd rather not deal with that. Nor would I decide such a matter of my own."

"But your highness..." Girsal began, and Batholem raised his hand.

"Please there's really no need. Your family has enough problems which are affecting your children. Fix those first before discussing about marriage. I would avoid marrying a broken woman, because I prefer to avoid problems in my life." Batholem added with a smile.

"My daughter looks absolutely perfect how could she be broken? She just has a bit of an attitude which can be corrected," Girsal said with a smile.

‘If Aurianna isn't willing to join the church of Paige, then I can use her to establish a connection between Sandeph and the Promised Land Karo,’ King Girsal thought happily.

"Her eyes," Batholem blurted out, snapping Girsal out of his thoughts.

“Her eyes?" King Girsal asked as he was a bit puzzled by Batholem's words.

Girsal's smile faded, replaced by a thoughtful expression. "You seem to know a lot about reading people."

"Yes, her eyes reveal everything. I can tell the difference between someone who's soaked up genuine family love and someone who's just soaked in anger and hatred," Batholem remarked in an icy tone.

Batholem chuckled. "Being a Royal Human requires me to understand the motives and emotions of those around me. It's a skill I had developed over time."

Girsal walked forward, his curiosity piqued. "So, what can you tell about me from my eyes?"

Batholem's smile widened. "Your eyes, King Girsal, reveal the weight of responsibility you carry for your kingdom. But beneath that, there's a hint of a murky darkness of someone who craves power.”

The king sighed. "It's not easy ruling a kingdom. So, I do what I must for the well-being of my people and my country. In order to maintain peace one needs power."

Batholem nodded in understanding. "I can respect that. However, it's wise to remember that sometimes, the best decisions are not the ones made out of sacrifices and definitely not what you believe is best."

Girsal raised an eyebrow. "Are you implying that I should not let emotions guide my decisions?"

Batholem shook his head. "Not entirely. Since a ruler who is too detached, risks losing touch with the very people they govern. It's a delicate balance I think.”

"Maybe you should be a little bit more like my family, especially how we do things. We stick together instead of going against each other. We care for our people and not sacrifice them nor torture others. We trust each other and not bind each other by insignias. That's one of the reasons why my family is considered as the strongest Royal Humans in the world," Batholem proudly declared, the cross in his eye seemingly glowing.

"Also I'd rather not force my friend to marry me. That's just uncouth," Batholem chuckled, adding, 'And she'd probably kill me if I tried, hahaha!' and laughed.

"Now, I'll be taking my leave. Pass these gifts to Aurianna, will you? They're her birthday presents," he said as his knights, carrying gifts, entered the throne room and placed them next to the pile of gifts in the corner of the throne room.

"I will. I'm sure she'll appreciate your presents," King Girsal cooed.

"Thank you," Batholem replied before turning around.

"Shall I escort you to your carriage?" King Girsal offered, getting up.

"No need to trouble yourself. I came here on a flying ship," Batholem said before he left, leaving King Girsal's lips twitching.

"That kid is strange," he blurted out before shaking his head.

"He didn't mention any alliances. Nor any plans to have relations with me," King Girsal noted, clicking his tongue.

"Well, what did I expect? His religion despises Paige's." King Girsal stated coldly as he gazed out the throne room window, spotting two large flying ships in the sky, swiftly disappearing.

__________

On the luxurious flying ship, Prince Batholem sat on the deck, engrossed in a large book. The wind tousled his hair, causing it to float and slightly obscure his vision.

"Your Highness, are we departing?" a sturdy knight asked, a serious tone in his voice.

"Yes, I have no reason to stick around nor do I want to. Next time, I'll let my new friend Aurianna visit my country. That would be much better! I'm sure she'd love all the pastries and meat in my homeland," Batholem said with an innocent smile, leaving the knight sighing.

"I thought you were supposed to bind her to our Promised Land," the knight mentioned, referring to Aurianna.

"I'd rather not. She's the rebellious type. The more you push her, the more she rebels. And she didn't fall for me," Batholem nervously scratched his cheek. "I'd rather not end up dead by her hands one day for a decision I made without her consent," he mumbled with a cold smirk before returning to his book.

"Little brother," a voice emanated from Batholem's pocket. He promptly picked up his sapphire jade phone, revealing a video of a girl resembling him, older and more mature.

"Yelina," Batholem greeted with a smile.

"Little brother, how did your meeting with that pretty lady from your marriage list go?!" Yelina asked excitedly, eyes gleaming with anticipation.

"She was pretty and so funny!" Batholem shared with a smile.

"Will you get engaged to her? Will I get a new little sis?" Yelina inquired with a cheeky smile and raised eyebrow.

"Unfortunately not," Batholem shook his head, and Yelina's expression sank. "She's not the one," he added.

"I won't argue, but there's something about her that scares me and intrigues me at the same time," Batholem said with a smile, surprising Yelina.

"Well, what a bummer. She's quite a cutie," Yelina sighed and puffed her cheeks.

"Well I'd rather avoid any sort of marriage with her for now. I have a gut feeling she'd make my life uncomfortable but fun," Batholem chuckled.

"Fun?" Yelina questioned, confused.

"Yes, I got her number," Batholem nodded.

"My little brother did good!" Yelina praised, her eyes lighting up again.

"Stop it, big sis, you're embarrassing me," Batholem bashfully said, and Yelina grinned.

"Also, I thought I understood girls, but I guess I don't understand all girls," Batholem chuckled with a cold expression.

“Ehhh,” Yelina blurted out as she was once again confused by what her brother meant. But seeing the smile on his face she decided not to press further.

“I'm a bit busy Batholem so I'll see soon when I get home!” Yelina said and Batholem nodded.

“See you soon sister,” Batholem said.

_____________

On the other side, Yelina, a young woman with a beautiful brown complexion, hanged up her phone call and nonchalantly slipped the device into her jumpsuit pocket. "Kyyyaaa, my little bro is just too adorable. I can't wait to get back home!" Her face lit up with affection, a hint of playful drool betraying her excitement.

A bloodied man in Yelina's grip pleaded desperately, "Someone... please, anyone... save us." His cries grabbed Yelina's attention, transforming her jubilant expression into a crazed one.

"Ahahaha, criminals have no right to ask to be saved!" she declared, effortlessly smashing the man's head to the ground, killing his instantly. The stage was filled with battered and bloody bodies, and onlookers stared at her in horror.

Yelina stood on a grand stage, facing a gathering of elegantly attired individuals concealed behind masks. Cautious gazes met her, some assuming defensive stances. Positioned strategically at the exits were individuals in white robes adorned with golem stripes, bearing the emblem of the Karo Promised Land Royal Humans.

"Shit, shit! Why is a Royal Human here? what'smore, none of those assholes who promised to protect us, could kill her? How is a human so terrifying?! Did someone leak the auction details?" pondered a fierce-looking woman with scars, a facial tattoo, and a visibly injured arm, fear etched across her expression.

"Engaging in slave trade so openly in our territory is practically a death sentence," Yelina declared with an icy tone, sending shivers through the onlookers.

"I could have been spending time with my adorable little brother, but no, I'm stuck here dealing with you detestable lot!" she shouted, causing the entire room to tremble. The white cross in her black eyes emitted an eerie glow.

"But slave trade is legal in most human and even some demon territories!" protested a woman among the attendees.

"In the god of light’s domain, participating in slave trade is a death sentence, especially when you involve our people. So, justice will be served here, and you'll all die here in the name of justice!" Yelina declared with a maniacal smile. Shortly after, the room was engulfed in dying screams, echoing the terror that filled the air.

4