Chapter 169: Reveal
51 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Mother, it's so heartbreaking to witness Prince Dwane in such a condition. I'm accustomed to witnessing such scenes among the common folk, but witnessing such level of harm befall a noble is truly a suprise," Aurianna remarked, her eyes welling with crocodile tears, as she strolled away alongside Queen Amber.

Internally seething, Dwane bit his lip and wept on his bed, "How dare that girl speak to me in such a manner? How dare a mere girl address me like that? I'll make her regret it! I'll make her pay!! Once I return home, Aurianna Vanluad, you are dead!!"

________

"Ah, Aurianna, you're here," King Girsal exclaimed upon encountering Aurianna alone in the hallways.

"Yes, Father. I stopped by to visit Dwane," Aurianna replied.

"Why is that?" King Girsal inquired with curiosity.

"Because he's injured, and he was a guest at my party. Upon hearing about his condition, I felt compelled to pay him a visit," Aurianna explained calmly, observing her father's gaze.

"I see," he acknowledged.

"So, what will happen to him, Father?" Aurianna inquired with curiosity.

"Well, I've sent him to the Saintess of Nature. However, she couldn't heal him and was confused about what happened to him and why he was in this state," King Girsal stated calmly.

"What happened, Father?" Aurianna asked innocently, but this time, King Girsal's gaze turned colder. "I can't tell you," he shook his head.

"That's alright, then," Aurianna said, her expression sinking into fake sadness. The two stood in awkward silence until Aurianna spoke up, "Are you sending him back to his country in this condition?"

"I have no choice. I just hope his father doesn't react angrily and declare war against us," King Girsal said calmly. "I'm going to see him; I'll talk to you later, Aurianna." He added before walking away.

"Yes, Father. See you later," Aurianna replied, and they both went their separate ways.

________

A week later, in a spacious room around a round table, King Girsal sat with his wives—Queen Amber, Cecilia, Lauren, Yesphine, Ezra, Iona, Emirie, and Momo.

"That scoundrel! How many times must we clarify that we had nothing to do with what happened to his son?" Lauren exclaimed, slamming her hand on the table, causing it to crack a bit since she held back her strength. The other wives maintained their composure.

"Lauren, please calm down. Let's hear the other reports," King Girsal urged calmly.

"Shinia Highland has blocked our trade routes, making it impossible for us to receive the imports we desperately need, especially Coises Soil for our plants," Momo nervously reported, handing over some documents. Girsal read through them with a furrowed brow.

"What about the recent imports?" he asked, looking up at Momo.

"They were destroyed," she admitted nervously, and a collective gasp filled the room.

Setting the papers aside, Girsal shook his head. "I'm certain this is his doing," he sighed, his gaze turning cold.

"For his people to infiltrate our kingdom so effortlessly, we must strengthen our defenses. Don't worry yourself, Girsal, I will handle that," Emirie assured.

"Thank you," Girsal acknowledged with an approving nod.

Cecilia, in a grave tone, presented the unsettling news, "The Shinia Highland has been sending us multiple threats and launching attacks on the outskirts of our country. These seem to be just small, provocative skirmishes," she informed, holding papers in her hands.

"Well, I'd be furious too if that happened to my son in another country. And seriously, who sends their kid out with such weak knights?" mused Ezra, punctuating her thoughts by clicking her tongue.

Girsal chimed in, suggesting, "Or perhaps the creature, whether monster or human, that attacked them was stronger than they had expected."

Iona, expressing curiosity, questioned, "Girsal, what do you mean by 'human'? The injuries on the deceased bodies we discovered were consistent with those inflicted by monsters."

Girsal, maintaining a mysterious smile that sent shivers down the spines of the women, and he said, "Yes, but I still hold suspicions to this being the work of a human, and in my territory too, especially considering that Dwane is unable to heal."

As the realization of his anger became clear do to the unusual smile on his face, they all nervously thought, 'He's angry. Very angry,' while glancing at him.

"True, I've never heard of a monster capable of restricting a Saintess' abilities," added Amber, wearing a frown.

Girsal clarified, "Well, there are many. They're just locked away and chained somewhere hidden in other continents," leaving Amber nervously scratching her cheek in embarrassment.

Suddenly, a forceful knock echoed on the door, capturing everyone's attention. "Come in!" Cecilia called, and five knights in golden armor entered, kneeling before them.

King Girsal questioned, "What's so urgent that you had to interrupt our meeting?"

"Please, the King of Shinia has sent a letter," one of the golden knights announced, rising to present King Girsal with a letter on old paper.

"That wretched man! Daring to send a letter to us on old paper!" Amber exclaimed angrily.

"Stay calm, Amber!" Cecilia berated her, prompting a glare from Amber, who then hugged and crossed her arms.

"Read it for us," Girsal instructed, and the knight nodded, opening the letter.

"How are you, Girsal? It's been a while since we spoke. Your country has grown considerably in population and army, not as weak as it used to be, and that's good. Skipping the pleasantries—I'm mad, very mad. I sent my son to your country for an engagement proposal, and he returns back disabled. A monster did it, you say? It was your duty to protect him; after all, I left him in your care. Yet, this is what I get for being kind. Looking for a way to ease my heart? Well, send those two beautiful daughters, Blade and the angel Aurianna, to my country for a while. I'm sure they'll love it." The knight read aloud, leaving everyone in the room with a distasteful expression.

"That arrogant man! He plans to keep them as hostages!" Lauren shouted angrily.

"Let's calm down. If this is what he's asking for, we might as well consider it," Girsal sighed, eliciting confused looks from all his wives.

"Please leave first," Girsal waved dismissively at the knights, and understanding his message, they promptly left the room.

“Alpherat Shinia, that cunning bastard; that's why I never wanted to be on his bad side mor be enemies with him," Girsal remarked with a cold tone in his voice.

"Blade and Aurianna shall immediately leave to the Shinia Highland to stay for a while," Girsal declared, leaving the ladies in a state of shock.

"Why, Girsal?" Amber asked curiously, her expression tinged with displeasure.

"Don't worry; this is where our daughter Aurianna comes into play," Girsal said, sporting a bright smile that left the ladies bewildered.

"What do you mean?" Cecilia inquired, seeking clarification.

"Have none of you realised it yet?" Girsal asked raising an eyebrow.

"I have," Momo blurted out, raising her hands. "That girl has charm magic, a very high level one. I have no idea how many people have fallen prey to her skill by now."

"I had no idea," Lauren gasped.

"Well, it's no surprise my daughter would possess charm magic; she's adorable!" Amber declared proudly.

'She's either been charmed, or maybe she's actually starting to become a responsible mother,' the concubines all had similar thoughts as they stared at Amber.

"So, Girsal, what's the plan for Aurianna?" Emirie asked with curiosity.

"Well, I want her to charm the important people in their country. I'm sharing this because I trust my lovely wives," Girsal said with a calm gaze, touching the hearts of his wives.

"Aww, honey," they all cooed.

"Can Aurianna actually charm that many people?" Cecilia asked skeptically, expressing doubt about the possibility.

"During the war with the Infinite Nation, Aurianna managed to charm more than 20 thousand knights," Momo revealed, causing Cecilia to open her eyes wide in shock.

"I thought she was just delivering a motivational speech, but to think she was charming them—no wonder they acted weirder than normal! Ahaha," Lauren laughed heartily.

"You mean the ones she ate?" Yesphine asked dully.

Suddenly, a heavy silence settled in the room, and everyone adopted contemplative gazes.

"We agreed not to talk about that," Girsal stated coldly, causing Emirie to shudder.

"Girsal, how can we avoid that conversation? That child, for the past three years, has been nothing short of abnormal. She can heal like a Saintess, regenerate like a Saintess, she's a mage and a fighter. Not many people are blessed with that many skills," Ezra proclaimed, wearing a worried expression.

"And to use them for such a long time! What's her mana limit? Because it seemed like she had none," Iona asked with a frown.

“Oh, she has a limit, but the speed of her mana usage depends on the type of skill she uses. Nevertheless, she can replenish her mana rapidly. Well that's what I've noticed so far," Girsal clarified, prompting a surprised look from Iona, who then bit her lip in frustration.

"Let's not overlook the fact that she fought against Queen Shiba and came out alive! She managed to survive! And she's just ten! We deserve a full explanation, Girsal!" Lauren declared, shooting him a pointed look from across the table.

"It's evident from Amber's expression that both of you are hiding something important from us," Emirie remarked calmly, alluding to the sharp glare Amber was giving.

"I suppose it's time for me to reveal it all," Girsal sighed.

"She is my child! She is mine!" Amber erupted hysterically, rising from her seat. Her pupils trembling and her hands slightly shaking.

"Please escort Amber out," Girsal instructed, and some floating Meimus gently surrounded Amber, causing her to appear dazed.

"Girsal, no! Aurianna is my child! My child!" Amber yelled as she walked out of the room.

4