Chapter 171: Kidnapped
57 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Understandable," Blade responded with a nod.

Several kilometers away, twenty assassins stood on large trees, discreetly observing the group of luxurious Cameos and knights riding beside them.

"Is that the target's carriage?" a large man inquired, and turned to look at his comrades.

"Yes, our client informed us that they would pass through today in a luxurious carriage. The fact that they use Cameos means that they are wealthy, and the knights accompanying them are wearing expensive armor. Additionally, the symbol of the Sandeph Highland is on their carriage," another assassin pointed out, indicating the green emerald with three swords pierced into it on the carriage's side.

"Prepare yourselves," a purple-robed assassin instructed as he pulled up his mask.

"Yes, sir!" All the other assassins affirmed before disappearing into the shadows.

Leaning against a tree, the purple-robed assassin gazed coldly at the Cameo carrying Aurianna and Blade.

"Why am I entangled in a feud between two kings?" he sighed. "But I can't deny that the pay is good," he chuckled, recalling his dealings with the client.

Days earlier, the purple-robed assassin and his men had knelt before a man in luxurious attire.

"I will provide you with information on your target, Shimaru," the man in luxurious clothes declared and Shimaru nodded, meeting his gaze coldly.

"These two girls are princesses of the Sandeph Highland. I'm a vengeful man, so you can take them and sell them. I promise I'll cover for you," the man said, handing Shimaru a portrait of Aurianna and Blade, eliciting gasps from the assembled assassins.

"For a royal to hire assassins like us," Shimaru chuckled, earning a cold look from the man.

"I don't want to tarnish my reputation with my own people," the man smirked, rising from his seat and Shimaru got up and followed suit.

"Just be cautious of the one who resembles an angel," the man warned, pointing to Aurianna and Shimaru nodded.

"Ahahaha, Girsal, you’re going to experience the same pain I feel!" the man laughed hysterically as Shimaru watched him leave the room.

_______

"So they're here," an assassin stated as the Cameos drew closer.

"As planned, our goal is the girls," Shimaru declared, pulling out an arrow and aiming at Aurianna and Blade's Cameo.

“Kreeee!!!!” The Cameos suddenly started screaming and crying.

"Why is the Cameo acting strangely?" Aurianna wondered as the carriage trembled and thrashed.

"There's danger; Cameos can sense hostility," Blade explained, her brows furrowed.

Sensing something amiss, Aurianna grabbed Blade by her belt and leaped out of the Cameo into the sky. The Cameo they had been in was suddenly struck by a fire blast, killing the creature.

"The Cameo was blasted!" Blade gasped, realizing Aurianna had just saved her.

'That attack was too fast for me to see,' Aurianna thought as she scanned the area for the attackers and noticed some people hiding in the trees.

"Thank you for saving me, Aurianna," Blade said with a grateful smile.

"Whatever. Let's focus on the bastards who are bold enough to attack a princess's carriage. I'm going to slaughter them all!" Aurianna declared angrily.

'Those crazy eyes she has again,' Blade thought as she observed Aurianna. But suddenly, Aurianna released her grip on Blade, causing her to fall to the ground.

"What was that for?!" Blade yelled angrily.

"Calm down. Someone at your level won't get hurt from a fall like that. Besides, carrying you is a pain," Aurianna stated as she landed gracefully on the ground.

“Stay behind us, Princess Blade and Princess Aurianna; we'll protect you," declared the knights as they formed a protective circle around the two young royals, drawing their weapons.

"I understand, but I intend to personally deal with those who dared to disrupt my peaceful ride! I bet they are some lowlife bandits!!" Aurianna growled, swiftly darting away.

"Aurianna, come back!" Blade shouted, reaching out in vain as Aurianna disappeared into the distance.

"What the hell? She's moving like light! I can't even see her!" gasped an assassin, eyes darting around to track Aurianna from his concealed position.

Aurianna, searched around for sometimes, but she didn't give up. She soon spotted the hidden assassin and grinned. Swiftly, she delivered a powerful kick through the heart of one of the assassin, a spray of blood staining her leg upon pulling it out of his body.

"So, who's the one who sent you?" Aurianna coldly inquired as she advanced through the forest, the wind howling and trees rustling in response.

"Faint footsteps, I can hear them," Aurianna thought, her senses alert as she scanned the surroundings.

"What the hell? That liar! He claimed the princesses weren't that strong!" Shimaru grumbled, observing Aurianna. "But based on my private research, Aurianna is no stronger than a Chaos Human, and I'm an Arc Human. I must ensure we complete this mission swiftly to avoid unnecessary loss of my men." He pondered his gaze shifting to his men hidden in the tree. And his men nodded as they looked at him then at Aurianna.

Shimaru emerged from his hiding place and greeted with a smile. "Well, isn't it a pleasure to meet the noble Princess of Sandeph?"

"What is your purpose?" Aurianna questioned coldly, materializing two crystal blades in her hands.

"I'm merely fulfilling my client's request," Shimaru stated with a smile that sent shivers down Aurianna's spine.

‘Damn it, I shouldn't have come here alone! This man is an Arc Human, and a very strong one,’ Aurianna nervously thought as she could tell from his aura causing her to tighten her grip on her blades.

‘I should escape. I have no idea of their motives. If they target and kill Blade and the knights, that's not my concern. My life is more important,’ Aurianna decided, transforming into a ray of light and dashing away.

"Where do you think you're going, Princess?" Shimaru asked, his cold red eyes fixed on her and he slashed at her with his sword causing Aurianna to revert to her normal form.

‘How did he manage to cut me? How?’ Aurianna wondered, watching her scattered blood reform and heal.

"Just as the rumors said. You heal like a demon. Interesting," Shimaru grinned beneath his mask, observing Aurianna crash to the ground.

Struggling to rise, Aurianna glared defiantly at him. ‘What is happening? Such an attack shouldn't be possible to injure me in that state. Only if I'm attacked at a specific place will I turn back to normal or get injured. Yet, this man, in one strike. He's dangerous, extremely dangerous! I'm such a fool! If I knew an Arc Human would be here, I would have ran away as soon as the Cameo was destroyed!’ Aurianna gritted her teeth and hastily dashed off again.

"I'm sorry, but I can't let you get away," Shimaru declared, snapping his fingers. Five of his men emerged, one lifting over meters of the ground to block the sunlight, and closing off Aurianna's escape route.

‘Dammit!! Why aren't the knights here yet? My body still feels the effects from last year. Even so, I won't let these bastards capture me!’ Aurianna thought determinedly.

"Capture her immediately!" Shimaru ordered, and the assassins, well-trained and skilled, closed in on Aurianna. She met their weapons with her blades, the clash of steel echoing through the forest.

Despite all five assassins piercing her body with their weapons, Aurianna remained standing. ‘These people are skilled, very skilled,’ she thought nervously, taking a deep breath and grinning evilly.

Sensing an something was wrong, Shimaru's keen observation caught Aurianna's body contorting and twisting strangely, prompting his eyes to widen in realization.

"Quickly, 23!" Shimaru urgently shouted. However, before 23 could launch an attack on Aurianna, spikes emerged from her body, swiftly impaling the assassins. These unique spikes, were similar to Zagan's, but Aurianna's gleamed with a beautiful white hue.

"Transport," Assassin number 23 struggled to say, using his hand to touch Aurianna's back, causing her to vanish. Once Aurianna's spikes disappeared, 23 coughed up blood, struggling to stand.

"Are you all right?" Shimaru asked, as he quickly approached his men.

"Yes we'll survive. An attack like this won't be enough to kill us," assured one of the assassins, struggling to rise along with the others.

"Aurianna!" Blade and the knights yelled in dismay, having witnessed her suddenly disappear.

"You barbarians better confess where the princess is, and we may consider leaving you all a whole corpse to be buried with!" declared a platinum knight, walking towards them coldly, and pointing his sword at the assassins and more emerged from the shadows.

"Damn that assassin. How did he manage to teleport someone without a scroll? None of us could sense his presence," Blade nervously thought, as she attentively observed the assassins before her.

_______

"What the hell happened?" Aurianna wondered as she found herself trapped in a cage, surrounded by a massive red curtain.

"In three days, we will present to you all an extraordinary product brought to our auction today!" boomed a loud voice, prompting Aurianna to furrow her brow.

"Though they may be young, they are beauties! Two of the most exquisite girls I have ever seen, if I do say so myself! I present to you the crystal beauty and the serious beauty!" the announcer exclaimed as the curtains parted to reveal Aurianna in the cage, looking bewildered.

"Wow!" gasped someone in the spectator crowd.

"She's incredibly beautiful!" another exclaimed.

"Cuter than a doll," a third person observed with approval.

"How adorable," added another.

"I want her as a pet, father!" a young boy pleaded.

"Don't worry, I'll buy her for you," the father responded, patting the boy on the head.

"What in the world, an auction!" Aurianna gasped, noticing the people seated before her clapping. She looked around and noticed others holding beast men and women in chains, kneeling on the floor beside their new masters.

The announcer, wearing a delighted expression, continued, "The bidding for this beauty starts at 1 million gold coin, so prepare your money in three days!" he declared, raising three fingers.

‘What the hell? Those assassins!’ Aurianna gritted her teeth, attempting to approach the cage and brake it, but a sudden shock burnt her hand, forcing her to retract it.

‘It was a trap! I'm such an idiot!’ Aurianna seethed, glaring at the crowd.

‘Their stares make me sick and scared,’ Aurianna thought, biting her lip and examining her trembling hands.

‘But first, let me store my ring in my inventory. I have too many important things in there,’ Aurianna considered, and the ring on her finger vanished.

"Eh, there's only one of them? What is going on? We were promised two," the announcer gasped as he turned around and noticed that only Aurianna was in the cage.

"Sir, it seems they failed to capture the other girl," a man reported nervously, causing murmurs to spread through the crowd, and the announcer grew uneasy.

"Apologies, dear guests. Our suppliers failed to secure the other girl, but she alone should suffice!" the announcer declared, attempting to quell any discontent as the audience clapped.

"You wretched lot, I'll make you pay!" Aurianna roared, clenching the cage despite the searing pain in her hands. Her glare pierced through the announcer and onlookers, who observed her like an animal on display causing some of them to feel uneasy at her gaze.

"Na-ah," the announcer wagged his finger, "In that cage, you can't use any magic at all. I've heard all about you from that war," he declared with a sinister grin, and Aurianna noticed that his upper face was covered by a mask.

"Remember the war a year ago? This is the prodigious child who survived an attack from an Arc Human!" the announcer proclaimed, eliciting gasps from the crowd.

"If you want to buy her, she has so many uses! A soldier, a dress-up doll, a slave, or even a sex slave – you can choose to do anything to her!" the announcer declared, capturing the interest of several people and causing Aurianna to grit her teeth even harder.

‘I'll kill all of them, and the person who got me into this situation!’ Aurianna vowed, veins popped up on her face.

"Remember, everyone, you have three days. So today's auction shall come to an end!" the announcer concluded with a polite bow. However, before the curtains closed, a man raised his hand.

"Sir, do you have a question?" the announcer inquired.

"I hope she'll be kept in good condition. I don't want her smelly and haggard when I come to buy her," the man stated coldly, and the announcer smiled.

"Of course, sir. We'll do our best to ensure she's clean and healthy!" he promised, earning a smile from the man before he left.

"Thank you all for coming!" the announcer happily declared as the visitors slowly departed, and the curtains closed.

"Sir, what do we do?" a servant asked the announcer, referring to Aurianna.

"Take her out," the announcer ordered with a cold smile, prompting Aurianna to glare at him.

"Don't you dare touch me, you filthy—" Aurianna growled, swiftly beheading the henchman who approached her.

"My, my, I guess there's some truth to that stream. I thought it was all a charade," the announcer chuckled as he approached Aurianna.

"I'll kill you!" Aurianna threatened, summoning her blades back into her hands and pointing them at him.

"I wouldn't try that if I were you. Even though I may look ordinary, I'm much stronger than that father of yours," the announcer stated coldly, his aura causing Aurianna to tremble.

"You're truly a gem, just as our supplier told us," the announcer remarked, grabbing Aurianna's chin and inspecting her face.

"Don't touch me, you scum!" Aurianna snapped, pushing his hand away.

"Scum? Says the child who devoured her own knights," the announcer mocked.

"Be a good little girl and come with me. I promise we won't do anything. But you do have to wear this slave collar," the announcer stated, displaying the slave collar in his hand and Aurianna glared at him.

‘Eva,’ Aurianna called out.

"You have to handle this on your own. There's a limit to how much I can intervene," Eva calmly replied.

"Fine, I'll do as you say," Aurianna conceded, her weapons disappearing, and the announcer smiled.

"That's a smart girl," he said, placing the collar around her neck. "Now follow me. Don't think of escaping, or else worse will happen to you," he threatened, and Aurianna bit her lip.

‘System, how many Arc Humans are here?’ Aurianna asked as she followed the announcer and some men.

"And Eva, where the hell am I?" Aurianna inquired, her curiosity piqued as she glimpsed through a window, revealing a sky dominated by dark clouds, lightning and thunder, and heavy rain.

[ There are 7 Arc Humans here. ] The system revealed, leaving Aurianna gasping and growing increasingly nervous.

"Yes, and they are all as strong or even stronger than King Girsal," Eva added.

‘What the hell?!’ Aurianna gasped inwardly.

‘And Eva, where am I?’ she asked once more.

"Well, as you can see, it's a secret slave auction. The fact that they kidnapped you indicates they have a powerful person backing them, one which does not fear King Girsal or the Church of Beauty," Eva explained, and Aurianna nodded in understanding.

‘I see. If I were to fight them all, could I win?’ Aurianna queried, prompting Eva to appear beside her, wearing a bland expression.

"Did you even need to ask that? The outcome would be obvious—you would lose," Eva stated plainly, and Aurianna seethed inwardly.

‘At least have some faith in me, you old hag!’ Aurianna retorted.

"Who are you calling old?! I may have a higher age, but I look as beautiful as I was in my prime!" Eva huffed, crossing her arms.

‘Still doesn't change the old lady attitude,’ Aurianna replied, casually scratching her ears.

"You little..." Eva seethed, glaring at Aurianna.

"Heh," Aurianna scoffed.

‘So, Eva, if I want to escape, can you help me?’ Aurianna asked with pleading eyes, causing the men escorting her to turn their faces away, charmed by how cute she looked when she looked sad.

"I can't intervene at this moment," Eva shook her head.

‘Every time you can't intervene! Why?!’ Aurianna angrily yelled.

"If I wasn't here, what would you have done then?" Eva asked with a frown, a clear worry in her expression.

"You have to learn to solve some problems yourself in case I wasn't here. I can't always be here!" Eva yelled, and Aurianna began to sulk.

‘Why are you acting as if you'll die one day? Aren't you immortal and a goddess of time?!!’ Aurianna questioned, raising an eyebrow.

"I may be both, but there are still people who can kill me," Eva stated with a serious tone.

‘I understand, but at least I want some advice,’ Aurianna pleaded, gazing at Eva, who floated before her as a tiny lady.

But before Eva could respond, the announcer declared, "We're here. This is your room!" He opened a door to a beautifully decorated room.

"You want me to sleep in this dump?!" Aurianna scoffed, unimpressed as the room failed to compare to her bedroom back in Sandeph.

"This is one of the best rooms in this place! Just be grateful!" The announcer berated, and Aurianna rolled her eyes.

"Why is the boss being so nice to her? Any other slave would have immediately died," the servants wondered, observing their boss with confusion. However, as they gazed at Aurianna, their expressions softened.

"Well, can we blame him? That girl is so adorable!"

"Can I get something to eat at least?" Aurianna asked as she entered the room.

"Of course," the announcer agreed before leaving.

"Why did I agree so easily?" the announcer pondered, shaking his head as he walked away.

4