Chapter 176: Kisho
26 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Ah, yeah, I forgot," Aurianna realized as Eva dramatically collapsed, glaring at her as she got up.

"I feel more motivated than ever to get stronger! Yeah! I'll break more chain seals on me, and my leveling will become faster. Time to kill more monsters!" Aurianna declared.

"I'm leaving!" Aurianna declared, immediately dashing off.

"Wait!" Eva called out, but Aurianna was already gone.

"Someone give me the patience to deal with this child. If not, I'll give her the whooping of her life if I have to deal with her mood swings," Eva cried, staring at Aurianna before she disappeared.

"Hmm, for every 10,000 monsters I've killed, I gained 4,000,000 quest points," Aurianna stopped running and pondered.

"At the moment, I have 90 million quest points for killing 225,000 monsters during those thirty years," Aurianna blurted out, raising an eyebrow as she stared at her stats.

"Hmmm… for the kind of church I want Eva to build, she would probably charge more," Aurianna frowned, remembering Eva's grin.

"That stingy old woman," Aurianna spat before closing the screen.

"Hmm, a house in this swamp," Aurianna said as she spotted a house a few kilometers away.

"Ah, it's Kisho's!" She realized and immediately closed the distance between her and the house, hiding in a nearby tree.

"It has to be," she nodded, noticing the cute slimes patrolling around the house.

"Kisho!" A large Necrosolon suddenly yelled as he charged towards the house and stood a few meters away from it.

"This Necrosolon is different," Aurianna creased her brows as she examined the monster. Its upper body appeared more humanoid, but it still retained a scorpion bottom and jellyfish hair.

"For now, I won't approach. I want to see how this Kisho guy is and his abilities," Aurianna told herself as she activated her light magic and invisibility magic and continued to hide by the tree.

"I have finally grown strong enough. This poison swamp territory will finally be mine!" The Necrosolon declared confidently.

"So noisy," a dull voice could be heard from the hut as a young humanoid monster walked out, his figure horrifying. He had a purple slimy form accompanied by multiple dark, soulless purple eyes that constantly moved around. What's more, he had four large mouths around his body that revealed his sharp, misshapen teeth, and six hands on his side.

"Why do I always have to fight for this territory?" Kisho spoke as he glared at the Necrosolon before scratching his head. "You all know that I'm extremely poisonous, so it's only fair that this territory is mine. But every day, someone always wants to fight for it. It's so tiresome," he sighed.

"Then I'll free you from that responsibility by killing you!" The Necrosolon declared.

"Pfft, you think you can kill me with that weak poison of yours?" Kisho snickered, all his eyes focused on the Necrosolon.

"You…!"

"I don't need poison to kill you; I'll just smash you into pieces with my claws!" The Necrosolon declared, raising his plant claws and clashing them together, creating a powerful gale of wind.

"Such a brute. I'd rather go back and sleep," Kisho yawned.

"Your arrogance will be your downfall! Once I consume your flesh, I'll become the most poisonous monster in this entire swamp!" The Necrosolon yelled as he charged towards Kisho.

"You're so noisy. Just die," Kisho raised his finger and pointed it at the Necrosolon. His finger shot out a poison bullet towards the Necrosolon, zooming towards him at a speed barely visible to Aurianna's eye.

Confident in its abilities, the Necrosolon was about to dodge the attack, but the poison maneuvered and struck him in the heart. In a few seconds, his entire body was corroded.

"Another fool. Why do people like throwing their lives away in this realm?" Kisho sighed, and all of a sudden, his eyes turned towards Aurianna's direction.

"His aura is frightening, more frightening than King Girsal. My body won't move. Why am I trembling so much from a mere monster?" Aurianna gritted her teeth as she hid. Though she had seen creepy monsters in the domain, none were as terrifying-looking as Kisho.

"What is a being like you doing in my territory?" Kisho appeared before Aurianna and stared at her with his dull purple eyes.

‘Am I feeling fear?’ Aurianna thought, noticing her body trembling as she faced Kisho, who looked even more terrifying up close.

‘I refuse to feel fear! How do I hope to defeat this monster if I'm afraid of it? If I want to grow stronger, I must never fear, no matter how powerful they are!’ Aurianna told herself.

"Hey, little girl, I'm talking to you," Kisho used his long, sharp finger to point at her forehead.

‘On second thought, I guess fear is acceptable. Because he looks horrifying. Ugh. Why couldn't he look good like his master?’ Aurianna wondered, frowning and displaying a disgusted look on her face.

"What's with that disgusted face?" Kisho asked.

"Aren't you a slime?" Aurianna questioned.

"Yes."

"Then fix your damn face! Do you know how horrifying you look? How am I supposed to train with you if you look like that? I'm going back to your master, Gumura. I can't do this!" Aurianna yelled and got up.

"What's wrong with my face? It looks fine!" Kisho huffed and crossed his arms.

"You call that fine?" Aurianna pointed and sized him up and down. "You have four mouths in different parts of your face, eyes all over your body, and those misshapen teeth! What do you need that many for?" Aurianna wondered.

"To chew prey," he answered with a low voice.

"What's with the eyes all over your body, looking like you slapped them there?!"

"I can't do this," Aurianna dramatically shook her head and shed some crocodile tears.

"You're annoying!" Kisho spat.

"And you're hideous!" Aurianna replied.

"What is your problem?!" Kisho yelled, confused by her insults about his looks. He wanted to kill her, but now he was just receiving insults.

"Ugh, your face is killing me from the inside. You should morph to be cute like me. That way, I'll be able to stand you. Or at least like your master," Aurianna complained. "Even an average human looks better than you.”

"This is the standard appearance for monsters. I don't have the privilege of looking like a siren!" Kisho yelled.

"I can't stand that all monsters must be horrifyingly ugly. You're a slime, ugh. Can't you be like those blobs there? Why must monsters be ugly?" Aurianna sighed and shook her head in disapproval.

"Isn't that the point?"

"Well, it must be changed!" Aurianna yelled.

"No!" Kisho shook his head.

"Yes," Aurianna remained adamant.

"No!"

"Bastard!" Aurianna gritted her teeth.

"I like the way I look!" Kisho declared with a huff.

"It seems my eyes are going to burn for a while. Argh, my heart. I never knew slimes could be so ugly, to nightmare levels…" Aurianna cried as she clenched her chest.

"What is her problem with me being ugly?" Kisho wondered as he glared at Aurianna.

"I like looking horrifying to avoid unnecessary fights!" Kisho declared with a sinking expression, beginning to pout.

‘Ehh, is he actually feeling bad?’ Aurianna raised an eyebrow as she watched him.

‘Did I hurt his feelings?’ Aurianna wondered as she stared at him.

‘Well, I need him to train me, so I can't have him mad at me. But my head hurts when I look at him. He looks so frightening that I want to cry,’ Aurianna thought with furrowed brows. ‘Do I have to apologize?’

"Hey, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have complained about your appearance like that. Despite your looks, you talk like a pretty reasonable person," Aurianna said as she scratched her head.

"Really?!" Kisho perked up.

"Yeah. I guess everyone has a look they like," Aurianna shrugged, though his appearance still made her feel uneasy.

"Yes. Do you know the top monsters in this domain all look horrifying, even my master, but he likes to have a more friendly form!" Kisho explained excitedly.

"I can understand you on that one," Aurianna said, remembering the first time she met Carol and how horrifying Carol looked like in her Harpy form.

"But at least can you have one mouth? I can't take you seriously with all those," Aurianna said with a frown, pointing at his mouths.

"Fine," Kisho nodded, and the mouths on his body quickly disappeared. His body appeared more like Aurianna's, and he morphed a suit similar to hers since the mouths covering his body were now gone, it left his body exposed. However, the creepy eyes around his body remained.

"So who are you, and how do you know my master and what brings you to my swamp?" Kisho got up and raised Aurianna, as he was much bigger than her.

"Well, your master said I must become immune to your poison before he'll train me. So my purpose here is to train to be immune to you," Aurianna said, and Kisho's brows creased.

"You know you can die, right?" He asked.

"Don't worry, I'm special, so I'll revive no matter how many times I die," Aurianna declared confidently with a thumbs up.

"You're a strange one," Kisho sighed before all his eyes stared at Aurianna. "Fine then, I can make you resistant to my poison in three years."

"Really? Thank you!" Aurianna said with sparkling eyes as she clasped her hands.

"Let's go inside, and I believe you need a bath," Kisho said, and Aurianna's face became red as she puffed her cheeks. "On second thought, I believe it's better you die!" Aurianna said as she summoned a saber into her hand.

"No need to feel embarrassed. It's normal to get filthy in these swamps," Kisho clarified, and Aurianna calmed down, allowing Kisho to carry her to his home. Once inside he gently placed her down.

"By the way, what is your name?" Kisho curiously asked.

"It's Aurianna," she replied with a thumbs up before looking around. Kisho's house was more spacious than she thought, but there wasn't anything fancy apart from an old couch and some strange objects lying around.

"Somewhere to lay my luxurious tent," Aurianna mumbled, tapping her ring, and a yellow tent popped out, taking up little space.

"What is that?" Kisho asked curiously.

"This is where I can bathe," Aurianna answered.

"Are you okay with bathing there?" Kisho asked, puzzled by the strange object.

"Yes, absolutely! I'll be done in three hours," Aurianna declared before going in.

"Don't enter it!" She yelled before disappearing inside.

"Why would I even want to enter it?" Kisho asked, bewildered by her words. "I guess I'll just wait for her then. And while she's there, I might as well confirm if my master really sent her," he mumbled, opening his palm and forming a ball of slime.

He walked out of his house and appeared a few kilometers away from it. Taking a stance, he brought his hand back and threw the blob of slime as hard as he could, causing the ground beneath him to crush and the trees around to crumble.

The slime zoomed but strangely didn't separate at all. After a while, it appeared where Gumura was.

Seeing the incoming slime, Gumura smiled and easily caught it, which landed on his hand with a powerful impact.

"So she has finally met him, and he wants to confirm if I sent her," Gumura, grinning.

Gumura chuckled softly to himself as he looked at the slime in his hand.

With a flick of his wrist, the slime dissolved into a mist and was absorbed into his body.

______

"All done!" she announced cheerfully, stepping out of the tent and stretching her limbs. "Thanks for letting me use your space."

Kisho nodded, a hint of curiosity still lingering in his eyes. "No problem.”

“So how would you make me resistant to your poison?” Aurianna asked as she stood before Kisho.

"I'll just constantly experiment on you with every poison I've gathered. However, it would be gruesomely painful," Kisho said with a lighthearted smile, but Aurianna squinted her eyes before reluctantly sighing.

"Don't worry about the pain. I've digested the poison of over 200,000 monsters, so I believe I'll be fine," Aurianna declared confidently.

"Don't take those words back," Kisho said with a slight grin.

"Lay down," Kisho instructed.

"Umm, okay," Aurianna complied and laid down on the cold, hard wooden floor.

"It's surprising how much you trust me," Kisho chuckled.

"Well, I can always revive if I die. So killing me won't be of much benefit to you," Aurianna replied coldly.

"I guess so. Such a pity," Kisho sighed.

"What do you mean by that, you bastard?!" Aurianna asked as she glared at him, and Kisho looked away. "Nothing, nothing."

"First off, I'll give you a special type of poison that will leave you alive no matter how much your insides are being ravaged by poison," Kisho declared with a serious tone as his finger touched Aurianna's forehead.

“I see,” Aurianna replied.

“Do you have healing powers?” Kisho asked.

“Yes I do.”

“Even better, so now I'll begin,” he said as his finger made direct contact with Aurianna's forehead and pierced through the flesh there. Suddenly, a tingling sensation spread through her body causing her to feel a strange flow in her body.

"Urghh, my voice won't come out," Aurianna thought, desperate to scream from the agony coursing through her body. But her body remained unresponsive no matter how much she tried. Immediately purple vines began to spread throughout her face and the rest of her body causing her to feel more pain.

"Haiz. As I thought. The poisons in your body are in chaos, fighting each other. You don't understand how poisons work, huh?" Kisho's voice asked, as he studied her intently.

"Because no one bothered to explain it," Aurianna thought bitterly, frustration coursing through her mind.

"Poisons are supposed to flow through your body like blood," Kisho explained patiently. "If you want to become resistant to poison, you must become poisonous."

"I already know that," Aurianna thought, her expression blank as she struggled to endure the torment.

"So, first of all, I'll change the flow of poisons in your body and fuse them together to create a greater poison. However, with this healing blood of yours, it will be quite a challenge," Kisho muttered, his hand resting thoughtfully on his chin.

3