Chapter ♦ One
133 6 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

She held up the air a small stone; the moonlight shimmering upon her new found treasure. It was quite a curious stone; its grains sharp and angular, its ebony shade veined with a touch of azure and gold. Her eyes glistered with enticement.

A soothing silence dispersed wide across the meadow, with only the sound of rustling trees, and spring water streaming down the cobblestone creek. She closed her eyes, her mind submerging within nature’s alluring and untroubled atmosphere.

Moments passed in absolute quietude, when a sound suddenly echoed. She stood still, her ears perceiving a whisper, as it trailed across the blooming foliage of nearby shrubs. A shuffle resonated from behind her, she could hear a sound dim and hushed. She looked around. Her eyes wide and attentive, she could see movements from within the bushes; leaves and petals dispersing like pollen through the chilling, yet refreshing air of the coming spring. She stumbled upon a pair of gleaming silverish eyes, piercing through the thick foliage.

"You came back." She exclaimed, as she recognized the shadowy figure. Emerging from his hidden place, was an imposing canine; covered in coarse blackened fur, he sauntered towards her.

A few instances passed, as they remained motionless, their gaze interlocked with one another. Despite his menacing and wolfish mien, she was not cowed by his presence. "This is the first time I see you out of hiding." She rejoiced, as a faint blush waved upon her face. Her eyes perceived through the ruse he had concealed himself in; however, she could not see his true form. She sensed a skillful amount of magic conjuring from him, but she could also sense its endeavored focus, as he tried retaining his current appearance.

"Curious thing you are." She commented, as she took seating upon the remains of a large gnawed tree. Her eyes bustling with inquisitiveness. "You’ve been coming to this place for several weeks now- twelve to be precise. Where do you come from I wonder?" What spell conceals you? Her eyes followed her mysterious companion, as he proceeded to the nearly frozen stream.

 

10