Chapter ♦ Three
66 2 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A whole new day passed. Wishing nothing more than to end her day in quietude, the peculiar girl returned to her secret haven, in hope to later be rejoined with her mysterious companion. She sat atop her gnawed seating branch, as she would on many nightfall. She came to enjoyed its weathered appearance, and coarse feel, as well as the many lime shade sprigs winding around its length. Small white flowers would flourish from them in the early spring, as she could already see several buds on the verge of sprouting. In late summer, she would often come here to pick up some of its blossom used for her favorite beverage.

Time passed for she waited. A gentle breeze brushed against the still snow banks, as the moonlight shimmered through the countless snowflakes, like fairy dust gleaming through the cold night. A sound eventually came to her attention. A small smile waved across her face, for she knew her companion was approaching. She glimpsed at the bushes, and she soon stumbled upon his silverish eyes; however, he remained hidden within the shadows.

"Will you not come out in the moonlight?" She wondered. "I have something for you… If you would come closer." She pulled out of a small leather pouch, a Prussian blue bandana. She could see curiosity arising from within his piercing eyes.

Few instances passed, before he revealed himself to her; ambling towards her, as she proceeded down from her whimsy seating.

"That’s better." She stated. Reluctant at first, he nonetheless approached her, as she reached out a hand. "I made this for you- I hope it is to your liking?" She secured the bandana around his neck. A perfect fit! She was quite proud of her accomplishment.

"This color suits you well." She commented, a pleased expression waving across her face. Unaccustomed to wearing any kind of swathe in his current form, he couldn’t help but score at his neck, in hope the unfamiliar and uncomfortable feel upon his fur would disappear.

"Not used to having something tied around your neck now, are you?" She let out in a giggle, as she caressed the side of his face. "You’re a silly dog you know that? And definitely more than meets the eyes." She commented, as her gaze interlocked with his. She tried in vain to unravel his true identity, for this specific magical skill outmatched her own.

 

11