Chapter ♦ Eight
42 0 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The morning feast continued on, and so did Remus's unwavering insistence.

"Alright- I got it from a girl down the northern riverside." He finally succumbed.

"Near the old Crumbling Steeple?" Remus wondered, for Sirius nodded in response. "Is that where you’ve been sneaking out to for the past twelve weeks?" He guessed right, as he noticed his friend’s reticent expression. "And what's her name?" His curiosity was overwhelming.

"Can’t say." Sirius replied, as he finished up his pommead beverage. "I never spoke to her." Remus raised an eyebrow, his expression bemused.

"What do you mean you never spoke to her?" He inquired.

"I just never did." Sirius answered truthfully.

"A girl gives you this wonderfully crafted neckerchief made of Kelevish wool which, I’m quite sure, doesn’t cost a measly sum, yet you never spoke to her?" Remus commented unconvinced. "How many times have you seen her?" He wondered, a hand holding his chin. He was determined to learn the truth, and wouldn’t stop pestering his friend until he succeeded.

"Thirteen." Sirius casually answered.

"And you never asked for her bloody name!?" Remus exclaimed.

"I’ve seen her few times, yes- but only as a dog, mate." Sirius admitted, for an awkward silence waved through. Although he was known as a prideful young man, with no fear to speak out loud, he had found himself unable to revealed his true form to her.

"So?" James had returned from his unsuccessful courting session, for he took a seat next to his best friend. "What did I miss?" His eyes glistered with acute curiosity.

"Not much-" Sirius replied without delays, as he took a glimpse at his pocket watch. "Time for Ancient Runes Class." He stated, as he readied his shambolic notebooks.

"Since when are you in a rush to go back to class?" James asked, a wondrous and puzzled expression waved across his face.

"I'm not… but Remus is." Sirius answered with a smirk and a wink, for he knew his friend could not bare to be late for any of his classes. Rushing through the many halls and warrens, the three inseparable friends made their way to Professor Constelle Avion’s baronial classroom.

 

10