It is like that?
417 1 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"God is …dead?" Sona frowned hearing that, if that was indeed true then that would spell no end of trouble.

"What do you… mean?" Xenovia seemed to have nearly lost all of the strength in her body.

"That… can't be true…." Even Irina was shaken by those words, no she was the most shaken at the moment.

'That's troublesome,' Even Rias had to take this seriously, Kokabiel wasn't just a nobody, he was someone pretty high up in Grigori.

So, wouldn't be a surprise if his words were true, But honestly, whether his words were true or not.

'Doesn't matter to us, but it will be a different problem for the church,' Akeno thought looking at the two Holy Sword wielders; they seemed to have lost their reason at this moment.

They have lived their entire life believing in their god, and many others have lived like them, if this news is released to the public then it would cause a lot of damage to the church, and worse they could be labeled as heretics and be killed.

This is why Sona and Rias didn't think that it was weird for the Angels to hide this truth from the church, this was done to maintain stability in the supernatural world.

"The god is dead? Who cares about that?" Adam on the other hand couldn't care for shit, he came in front of Kokabiel in an instant making him crawl back.

"G-get away.. from m-Ack!!" But he was grabbed by the hair, and he seemed in extreme pain as he was pulled up.

It was not because of his hair, but the reason for this pain was the presence of Adam, which wasn't felt by him alone.

'T-this is…?' Sona took a step back.  

At this moment, Adam gave her the same feeling as facing light magic, which was the weakness of the Devils, 'No... It is worse than that....'

'My heart…. Feels warm…' Irina on the other hand tried to step forward, the warm and fuzzy feeling was enveloping her body as if drawing her in, like a pillar of light in a world full of darkness that was calling out to her.  

And the place she was drawn to was Adam, but what she didn't notice was her cross vibrating, and along with her there was another person who had the same feeling. She had already forgotten her previous uneasiness.

'It's that weird feeling again,' Xenovia was puzzled, once more she was drawn to him, her eyes just wouldn't move away from him. Like it always wanted him to be the center of her attention, she just didn't want to look away even if her heart raced at impossible speeds.

And while this was going on in the head of the others, Adam didn't care for any of that. At this moment Adam was extremely angry, Why?

"Do you think you can handle the consequences of trying to hurt her?" That was all he asked of Kokabiel who was now frozen in place.

Even if he couldn't think straight, and even if he was missing the context, he understood what Adam was talking about. No, it would be accurate to say that his brain was forced to understand what he had done to deserve this.

And the moment he understood that there was nothing he could do.

"F…Forgiv-WHOOSH*" Just as Kokabiel was about to beg for his life.  

"Denied," That was all Adam said, and Kokabiel's existence was snuffed out in every sense.

'My My, and I thought I was the type to not get jealous,' Akeno covered her mouth while smiling. She fully understood why Adam did that and it really made her feel weird inside. It was like her competitive spirit was lit up.

But there was nothing she could do about this at the moment, most of them were in awe of how easily Kokabiel was handled, and the others were…

Grumble*

"Ugh, damn it," Xenovia fell to her knees along with Irina, she was too hungry.

"Hunger is a terrible foe," These two were helpless at the moment, but because of that it gave everyone a moment to come out of their previous thoughts.

"I know you guys have questions, but let's go in first before people start gathering," Adam walked towards the shop he was supposed to look at.

"I guess that works out," Sona adjusted her glasses and followed behind Rias and her peerage.

'It won't happen as we had set up a barrier in advance,' Sona just kept to herself, since she needed some answers.

"There you go," Adam said while opening the gate to the shop for Rias.

"Really you…" Rias seemed to stop herself just barely before she walked in, Akeno followed her in with a smile as Adam held the door open for her as well.

"Thank you," Sona said walking inside with Tsubaki, now there were only...

"Come in. I'll give you some food," Adam called out to Xenovia and Irina as the two were fidgeting a little distance from the shop, they were trying to make it seem like they were going away, but were walking too slow for that.

"For real!!" Irina brightened up in an instant as she turned around.

"We… Thank you from the bottom of our hearts," Xenovia was as stiff as ever, but they didn't seem against it.

And as the two entered, Adam closed the door without bothering with the ones outside. He just walked inside and checked out the interior.

It was like a typical place with a counter to place the order for coffee, and compartments where pastries and such were on display, the kitchen was easily accessible from the counter, and the furniture in the shop was simple but classy.

Rias and everyone were already seated comfortably; they were also waiting for something since food was mentioned. And Adam didn't disappoint, he took out a lot of dishes and placed them on the tables for them to enjoy.

"Ohhh! Sensei's food!" Issei was excited, and Koneko looked happy as well. All of them quickly dug into the food, forgetting all about what had happened before.

"This is seriously delicious!!" Xenovia was exclaiming with every bite, and Irina was chowing down on the food without a single word.

She looked like if she didn't eat fast enough someone would steal her food.

"Seriously…" Sona felt like she was having another headache thanks to this carefree bunch, but she couldn't really blame them, she was also drawn in by the food as well.

"You should try some Student Council President, I am sure you'd be taken in as well," Akeno giggled, but this was the exact reason why she wasn't eating anything.

'Wouldn't want to act uncivilized like them,' Sona coughed since she was also curious, but she had to stop herself for a while.

And thankfully she didn't have to wait for long…

"Well, now we can talk," Adam sat down next to Rias at their table.

'A café date might not be bad,' Rias was just lost in her own thoughts at this moment.

Seeing him, Sona turned her eyes away from the pastries on the table to him.

"So, I'll get to the point, who are you?" Sona asked as she had no idea who Adam was, and this mattered a lot since such a powerful entity was living in her territory without her knowledge.

This was the perfect recipe for Disaster.

"My name is Adam," Adam said and Sona was stumped, Rias laughed since she expected this answer.

Not because Adam was being dumb, but because the question wasn't something that should be asked of him.

"I meant to ask, which faction do you belong to?" Sona tried to be clearer this time, her question seemed to have not been understood.

'Is he answering like that ...on purpose?' Sona thought that Adam might be hiding information, and if he was then that meant that he was nothing but trouble.

"Faction? Hmm? You can say I am with Rias," Adam pointed at Rias and Sona's mind stopped.

It wasn't anything like what she was thinking, on the other hand…

"That… isn't what she is…asking?" Rias blushed hearing his words, that was an attack that dealt maximum damage.

'Why are you like this?' She complained in her head oblivious to the fact that everyone at the table was staring at her.

"I mean, am I …wrong?" Adam asked tilting his head, this made Rias look at him like she wanted to hit him, in fact, she wanted to do more than just hit him. But she couldn't do that...

"Well... you aren't," Rias's voice was so small that it could barely be heard, the blush on her face deepened as well because of what he said in front of her best friend.

And thanks to her reaction, it became clear to everyone at the table what was going on.

"So, it is like that?" Sona asked observing Rias's face and Adam nodded contently.

"It is like That,"

"I see, so it really is like that," Sona nodded in understanding, and that was all she needed to ask.

13