The trialled, Chapter 21, War
353 3 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Time: 00:00:02:01]

[Time: 00:00:02:00]

[Time: 00:00:01:59]

"[Rin]"

Mid speech the principal's right arm was cut clean off along with a large chunk of his shoulder.

A mysterious swordsman suddenly appeared in-between me and the principal. His hakama flowing gently in the wind.

"huh, I was aiming for your head..." He said as he looked over his shoulder, his eyes locking with the principal's writhing body.

Turning back he locked eyes with me and spoke once more. "Hey, pup. I'm Aidan. I taught some of your friends. I'm here to help…

I'm so sorry I'm late." He was genuinely sorry, you could even see tears forming in the corners of his eyes. The rage that ran through my body vanished with the scales that had crept up my body retreating in the process. 

I swallowed the pit that had formed in my throat and did my best to respond. "It's… fine. I was too weak to protect them."

Aidan smirked jokingly. "No use fretting over it now, dying here would only make theirs meaningless. Live now so you can grieve later."

The principal soon recovered when he stopped the heavy bleeding with a physical enhancement. Patching the way for him to start screaming curses and insults at us.

"But uhh, you got a way out lass?" Aidan asked during the principals rambling.

This idiot…

I sighed, eyes shining blue ever so brighter. "Yea, I've got a way out. All I need is some time."

"Got it." He noted as his hand moved to the sword on his hips.

"KILL THEM!" The principal yelled, the sound of his scream hurting the ears of many, some of them even started bleeding. Not mine though. They just hurt.

All of the mana I had running around wildly condensed in my wings and body. Muscles were strengthened, bones reinforced and wings enlarged.

The wings doubled in size as I got ready for my flight. The ethereal glow of mana illuminating the area a magical blue.

While I was setting that up Aidan zapped forward as he activated his spell once more.

[Pyo]

He blasted forward, the ground he once stood at arcing with lighting. In the blink of an eye he appeared in front of the principal.

*Zwoosh~* *Clang!* *Rrippp!*

Thunder coursed through the air around the path his blade took and through the shield that caught the strike.

Someone had interfered. A tank with basicaly the perfect soul spell for defending VIPs, a teleport.

It did seem to have a condition to activate however.

The metal shield that caught Aidan's blade had a deep gash running through it, running from the edge all the way to the center and the some. Just a bit further and it would have been cut clean in half.

The tank screamed in pain when the lighting ran through his body. The gash made in their arm didn't help either.

"Tsk." Aidan had only one more strike left before he ran out of mana, something he didn't want to risk.

Lighting zapped around his legs as he disengaged, quickly dashing to where I just finished my thing.

"Hold on tight!" I yelled as I grabbed him tight around under the shoulders from behind.

"Wait, waaaai– He did not expect me to take flight.

And neither did the principal. "WHAT!? Y'all never told me she could fly! You guys even expressly told me she couldn't!"

"Shoot them!"

Arrows and magic flew through the air trying to shoot us down.

As we soared through the skies several attacks had hit us, though they all did negligible damage. And none of them were anything that special.

Now that I had taken to the skies I couldn't help myself but look at the loss of life down below. Dozens of dead people littered the floor, four of them with special importance to me. In the middle of them lied one girl that I didn't know, most likely the person that brought me to where I appeared.

[Time: 00:00:00:02]

[Time: 00:00:00:01]

[Time: 00:00:00:00]

I could feel the invisible walls that surrounded the garden disappear right before I flew through it and my magic weapon began to flow into my body, storing it to be called at a later date.

However, having Ethera disappear on me did nearly cause me to drop Aidan.

Leaving the principal behind in the garden the two of us flew to Briars camp without any issues other than one major one.

As the adrenaline that rushed through my body was filtered out, the countless wounds that littered my body began to voice their presence. Pain ran across my body in waves, forcing me to descend down to the school's roof.

The landing wasn't nearly as clean as I wanted it to be. My standards were low, but holy shit was it bad, I nearly broke my arm and wings. Aidan was lucky, I could safely drop him before I took a nosedive.

I crawled closer to the rooftop entrance and leaned against the wall. I tried to use physical enhancements to stop the bleeding, but it wasn't magic. It could only get me so far.

But it was something, and enough to hopefully prevent me from bleeding out.

As my breathing grew jagged Aidan helped me with my wounds. "Hey, pup. I'm here, stay awake." He waved his hands in front of my face in an attempt to keep my attention.

My consciousness drifted further and further away with each passing second. I was only holding onto it with hopes and dreams at the moment. I was extremely tired, bleeding out and my mana pool was exhausted. Being this… sleepy… is to be expected…

"Hey, bud. I'll get you to the camp and you’ll receive treatment asap, you understand." Aidan said worriedly. "It wouldn't take long, I'm the fastest runner we have."

"You… idiot…" I said as I passed out.

— POV: principal —

"You bastards! War! WAR I CURSE YOU!!!"

Spoiler

better Aidan

0g7HAU3.png

[collapse]

13