Ch6: The boxing legend.
12 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The night was clear, moon reigned high in the sky and shined brightly on Dove city streets.

For Luke, it wasn't just a normal night, it was the night he decided to accomplish the task Gill gave him.

Dove city Public Hospital was his destination, room 171-942 to be exact, in fact he was already there, facing the door, thinking if he should knock, call the ghost's name or just enter.

On his way, Luke noticed a kind of serenity and calmness in the many corridors, rooms and outer park of the hospital, not a single roaming soul was seen, which is weird for an old hospital that is supposed to be haunted by all kinds of souls and ghosts.

For a brief second, Luke recalled Gill 'Maybe that what he meant by a night patrol , that crazy guy made every single soul disappear somehow, talk about being a menace.'

"So you'll just stand there hesitating if you should enter or not huh." said someone from inside the room in a deep voice.

Surprised, Luke turned the handle and pushed the door "How could you even know i was standing here."

"I have heard some panting and hard breathing when you arrived and stood still."

"Blame the long hospital staircases for that, an old out of service hospital don't have working elevators obviously."

"It's fine, take a seat young one, i don't get visitors often, maybe only few roaming souls and that last night guy."

The room Luke entered was your typical Hospital room, white floor panels, and a patient bed in the corner beside the room's window and a small nightstand.

The room was dusty, as you can expect from an abondoned old hospital room.

Laying on the bed was a ghost, the man who called Luke, the infamous Joe Piston,

He looked like he was at his forties, wearing a simple short sleeved shirt, shorts and a pair of training shoes, his face had hard mature features an aging man would have, a square chin and short black hair.

And the most noticeable trait was, the guy was fit and all muscles.

As Luke entered, he sat on a chair beside the bed, one who was reserved for the patient visitors at some time, and said: "Mr. Piston, i can say i am quite honored to have the chance to meet such a legendary athletic figure even after the end of his days."

"Oh,i see someone did his research, and i thought my legacy was already forgotten, last night's man didn't seem to know me."

"If you mean by last man guy that messy douchebag, he isn't from the town, being new and all he wouldnt know of a local legend like you Mr.Piston."

"You can't call that guy a douchebag that easely young one, i watched him clear some demons in the outer park from my window, he's a real soul extermination powerhouse, then after noticing my presence, he came by to visit, i was intimidated at first, i would've beat his ass at my prime, i was physically faster and stronger than him by miles, but as a ghost, the guy had his ways."

"And then he asked you about your will right?"

"Yes, and after hearing it he told me he wanted to send his sister to solve it but she was dear to him and he wouldn't give her any risky errands."

Luke felt at that moment like he was done dirty by Gill 'That jerk, what did he set me up to.'

"Mr. Piston, will you tell me please what's your last will?"

"A last fair boxing fight, i'll be satisfied if my sparing partner land on me a single clean hit."

At that moment, Luke understood why he got the boxing gloves from Gill 'that damned guy pushed me to be a punching bag literally, how i'm supposed to land a hit on the town's ex boxing champion himself.'

      

1