Ch12: Leo and Henry.
9 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The elevator of the central tower was taking Gill and Luke to the highest floor, the rooftop.

While Gill was in his everyday careless attitude, Luke figure showed some worry and fatigue.

"Are you perhaps not good with heights Luke?"

"I'm not good with elevators to be honest with you, i never trusted this mechanical stuff, if the rooftop wasn't that far i would have taken the stairs instead."

Gill smirked "Heh, even someone like you have some weaknesses."

"It's not like a phobia, i can use them, but i prefer not to when it's more convinient."

Upon reaching the rooftop, the doors of the elevator opened to a large scenery of a classical high in the skies top of a building scenery, with large concrete tiles and four telecommunication antennas aligned as a square at the centre.

It was cold up there and the wind was blowing fiercely that Luke felt the need to grab some fixed thing to keep his balance, even if there wasn't much to grab.

Then, Luke noticed that they were already some people up on the rooftop,he could distinguish the back a guy and a ghost, sitting beside each other on the edge of the building, they seemed like they were mid conversation, like two friends exchanging talk.

"You see Luke, the middle aged tall blond guy with the long brown trench coat there is also a soul facilitator, his name is Leo, and the ghost beside him is a guy who has supposedly commited suicide by jumping of this same rooftop, that what the newspapers reported at least, Henry Tucker , but Leo didn't buy the narrative of the news and had some doubts about it, get near them a bit and try to listen to their talk without interrupting them, Leo already noticed us entering but i told him i'm coming in advance so he'll just do his job."

Luke took a few steps ahead to listen better to what's going on as Gill recommanded, he was curious, wanting to know how other soul facilitators handle their tasks.

"It's been lonely here on this rooftop, i can't thank you enough for your several last visits sir." Said Henry

"No need to thank me, i'm just doing what i find right, it's my job after all."replied Leo, his husky deep voice sounded clear in Luke's ears.

"I always thought that justice won't prevail in my case."

"Henry, even i believe that justice don't always prevail,but i'll force it to do so in any case i put my hand on." Said Leo in a confident tone that made one sure that he meant every word by heart.

"Knowing that my fiancee and her boyfriend are behind bars now extinguished the revenge flame that ate my soul day by day, i feel better than ever..." Then, Henry started crying, tears all flowing on his cheeks while his voice weakened. "Thank you sir!!"

"You're welcome Henry, you're welcome."

Then Henry smiled and wiped his tears, and started the departing process, turning into mist then silver particles that floated up in the sky till they vanished.

Leo just observed serenely the phenomenon, he looked like he admired the sight, satisfaction was all over his face, he was proud of what he did.

As Leo stood up from the edge and headed to the elevator, he saw Luke and Gill.

"Hey Gill, care to introduce the newbie to me?"

"Hey Leo, you did a great job as usual, the newbie here is called Luke, and he's a new soul facilitator, he's a local of the city unlike me."

"Nice to meet you mister Leo, i'm Luke."

"Pleased to meet you too Luke."

"So Leo, since i'm here already, you can report to me what's up with that Henry guy." said Gill.

"Yeah sure, Henry was killed in this same rooftop and his corpse was thrown from the edge to fake a suicide scenario, his fiancee usually cheated on him with a son of a gang boss, and asked him to find a way to get rid of her fiancee, so she invited him over here, to enjoy the high scenery and the clouds and have a talk, only for him to get surprised by that bastard cracking his head  with a metal pipe and stumping him with his foot, he ended up killing him , and threw the corpse from the edge where we were sitting."

"Oh, that's brutal."

"If you say so Gill, even if i know that you witnessed worse stuff, now i have to go, i have a night shift to attend, and i didn't smoke or drink my coffee yet."

After sharing those details, Leo walked by the two guys and took the elevator down.

"Now that's an interesting guy."

"Yeah, Leo is one unique guy."

"What about that putting the assailants behind bars?"

"Leo is one of the most important soul facilitators affiliated with our household, guess why?"

"Just tell me why."

"He's a Detective, a police officer of Dove city law enforcement agency, he have ressources and connections and his info gathering ways, he use his ability of seeing ghosts in solving cases like this, and do more than his best to see every offender in jail, a justice system maniac if you ask me, he's a good guy though."

"Yeah, he looks like a guy you can trust, unlike someone i know."

"Hey, dont be mean, by the way, i told you there are three groups of soul facilitators in dove city, yours and my sis is labeled group C, Leo belongs to Group A, he's one of our early companions after all ,it's important that Soul facilitators belonging to the same household know each other, so i'll be introducing you to the others in later times too."

"Yeah, that would be great, and for now, any solo missions for me Gill? Helena is out now on one so i should be having one too."

"Let's get out of this building first, we can discuss when we're in some warmer place, like Karen's coffee shop, i always miss annoying that hottie."

"Okay then."

1