Ch14: Peculiar reunion.
6 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The day following the atrocious massacre that occured in Dove city and the public annoucement of the details of the event, The Shovelfield mansion gathered a number of individuals to discuss the matter.

In a large piece that seemed like a luxurious dining room inside the mansion, The three heads of soul facilitators groups affiliated to the Shovelfield mansion sat around an oval table to assist the urgent meeting presided over by Gill.

Gill broke the silence looming over the table "Good evening guys, i know it's sudden and rare to call you like this, but the latter events that took place in the city are not something that normal police forces could deal with, according to Leo who investigated the massacre scene, claw marks were all over the place and the bodies were shredded to pieces, not quite a human work as you can conclude ,it was obviously the work of some demon." 

He paused a bit, took a sip of a milk and resumed his talk in a more angry tone "And according to sis, there is some bitchy edgy creepy guy that seems to know me turning ghosts into demons using some red talismans, and that same demon he transformed was the one responsible of disturbing the city peace, taking revenge on the guys who ruined his past life."

Luke , being the group C head, paid clear attention to Gill's words, and his face showed concern and worry, he knew demons were dangerous, Gill and Helena always told him so, but he didn't know that they were this brutal, a single demon could kill five guys with ease, that was genuinely scary.

He didn't have to report to anybody, Helena was his only group mate and she was the one who witnessed the scene.

Leo, Group A head, and the first soul facilitator to get affiliated to the Shovelfields, listened to Gill with no surprise, he knew all the details already, he just assisted the small reunion to fulfill his duty as the head of his group, and pass the new information and tasks to the other group members after the reunion.

"Police forces can't do much with such a case, they can't see ghosts or demons, such incidents only make civilians trust us less since no natural explanation can be given, dealing with this problem is our responsability as soul facilitators, so i demand as a member of the police forces your full cooperation." said Leo, addressing Gill, Luke and the third group head, who was snoring, sleeping heavely with his head on the table, drooling all over it.

Gill drank all of his milk cup in one gulp, and threw the cup, aiming and hitting the sleeping guy's head with great accuracy. "Wake the hell up Laura, i didn't call you to sleep here, did you even listen to what i was saying?!"

"Ouch!! Oh Gill, i was just resting my head a bit, of couuurse i was listening." Replied the girl in a sleepy drowsy voice.

"She was definitely not listening." Said Leo while crossing his arms and looking at her all disappointed.

If you can imagine an introverted girl who don't go out much, wearing a large grey hoodie with a big videogame joystick logo on it back, comfy baggy grey pants, long black silky hair that hide even her eyes and go past her shoulders and dark sleep bags under the tired eyes, that's Laura , the head of Group B.

"It doesn't matter anyway, she never listens, but always complete her tasks and missions effectively somehow, how and why did you even recruit her brother? She's so lazyyy that it's hard to imagine how she does her job." Said Helena, who just entered the room and took a seat beside her brother.

"Dear sis, not the right time to be jealous of your colleagues, Laura is still one of our best ..." Gill took the empty cup beside his sister and threw it on Laura. "Naaah don't go snoozing again we're talking about you here, you're making it hard for me do erase my sis doubts about you."

"Ouch!! Sorry Gill, i'm all awake now, sorrryyy."

Luke couldn't help staring with confusion at the girl, in such an intense reunion, and with such bloody events, she's just laying with no care, the fact that she is a soul facilitator is acceptable, but her being the head of her group, which is older than Luke's and Helena's one is hard to believe, he started wondering what Gill saw in her, the contrast between her lazy manners and Leo strict attitude is so large.

"Let's not straight and get back to our main cause of reunion, we have two problems, the guy who transforms ghosts into demons, and the demons."said Gill.

"Are you implying that the guy would make some other demons Gill?" asked Luke.

"Of course, the possibility is still there, always consider the worst case scenario, dealing with such unpredictable lunatics is   pain in the ass for this same reason."

"Watch your manners and words Gill, your sister is with us now." Said Leo.

"Oh, my bad my bad, anyway, group C will be temporaly inactive for a while, Helena, you're staying home under Adam's supervision and no missions for you until we solve this case and clear any danger, and you Luke, you'll join Group B for a little while."

"As you want brother." Replied Helena, who is smart enough to know that her brother is keeping her safe by such decision since she isn't strong physically and have no chance against an adult or a demon.

"Isn't it better to work solo? I don't have to join Group B, i can deal with whatever task by myself."said Luke

"Listen grumpy kid, we'r being serious here, the current situation is more dangerous than you think, and to lower the chances of your death if the demons or the hooded guy attack you, you joining Laura and her group is the best option, you'll get to know that she's more than she shows."

"Okey, understood." Luke accepted Gill's decision, even if he still had doubts in it.

"And you Laura, tell your group your mission is to locate the demon and exterminate him, and report to us any suspicious activities you notice, in case of the appearance of any other demon, same drill, eliminate him too, and take care of Luke."

"That's clear Gill, understood" Replied Laura drowsily, head on the table, while giving Gill a thumbs up.

"And you Leo, you know what to do mate."

"Yes Gill, telling my group members the details, locating the hooded guy and dealing with him , and investigating if he's alone or part of some shady group with some goal in mind, and reporting any worthy of reporting activity, don't worry, i'm bringing that guy to justice, he will pay for what he did."

Gill nodded approvingly "Exactly, that's it, meanwhile, i'll do some researches and calls, this guy seems to know me somehow, that means i met him at some point in my life, i'll contact my old city acquaintances to see if they have any idea of who he is, he may not be a local, so chances that he came from another city."

"And now, it's the end of the reunion, but before you go, enough bloody talk and let's have dinner, you're my guests today! Adam! Set the dinner table please!"

"All right Mr Gill, dinner will be served." Said Adam in a formal tone.

1