Ch16: Kyle and Kev.
5 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The big screen facing Laura and Luke showed an eagle view of the arcade building and the surrounding streets, and very few blue marks appeared on the mini map in the corner.

"You can see that there are some ghosts around, but that's not what we're supposed to deal with today."said Laura.

After getting the drone off the roof, Laura used the mic on a blue high tech looking headset that she just put on her head.

"Kyle, Kev, be ready, we'r doing some demon extermination now, the drone is already on flight."

"Roger that!" Replied a couple of voices on the headset at the same time, Luke guessed that they were her group members, he was curious to know what kind of people they are.

The drone started moving, the aerial footage showed many building roofs, some streets, gardens, roads, Laura seemed to follow some road pattern while moving the drone, it wasn't random at all.

"In order to find demon marks, i need to hover over parts of the city where ghosts are found more, specter beings attract each other somehow."

As the footage moved, Luke noticed two rushing blurry objects moving fast, red and blue , they zigzagged, jumped on obstacles, their movement seemed athletic and smooth, like doing parkour all over the city, it seemed like they kept track of the drone way while keeping a distance between them two, each one occupying a side of the camera footage.

"Oh, you noticed them, those are Kyle and Kev, the drone is too high up you won't be able to take a clear look at them, also, they're fast, too fast."

A beeping sound was heard, and a red spot appeared on the mini map.

"That's a demon, but not the one we're looking for, this one seems weak, i can know that but the number of beeps, the more you hear like some alarm, the stronger the demon is, simple system, but efficient while doing those chases." Laura took a sip of her energy drink can, and talked using the headset."Kev, 76th street, near the crosswalk, a weak single demon."

"Understandable, i'll deal with him right away."replied Kev.

The screen showed the 76th street , then Laura manipulated the drone to lessen the altitude and have a better look , while maintaining flight and having the demon at the center of the footage.

A humanoid creature that wasn't clearly a human appeared, red scaly skin, little black horns on forehead, it was hitting the lampposts with it bare hands savagely breaking them, the street lampposts where nearly all deteriored, the uncontrollable creature wreaked havoc around the street.

SMASH!

A blue blurry figure fastly spawned in no time behind the demon, and swinged with all it force what seemed like a bat.

The demon was hit to his ribs, by a sudden strong attack, a metal baseball bat that crushed his body.

He groaned and twisted on the ground, and started to turn into red glowing dust that was swept by the wind in no time.

This demon, unlike the one Gill described, hadn't any sanity or self consciousness left, it was just a berserk chaotic being who destroyed whatever was in his surroundings.

And it was put to sleep, by a single bat swing, whoever were those Kev and Kyle, they seemed competent.

"Demon cleared, now to a next target Laura."said Kev, who was now clear on the screen.

He was a young boy, wearing baggy pants and a blue shirt with some drawing of a cartoonish dog, he had also some stylish blue framed glasses with black lenses and a headset similar to Laura's, his hair was also blue and pointy.

Luke now knew why the guys were so fast, they wore inline skates that helped move and turn smoothly around the city.

"Kev and Kyle are twins, they are locals of Dove city and they know every corner, turn and street of the city by heart, they left no place undiscovered while doing their daily skating routine, they used to come to the arcade center to play, and one day i saw them looking straight into a ghost that was out of the center, they seemed unfazed , it only meant it wasn't their first time seeing em, i approached them and they told me all about their ability and that they see ghosts as part of Dove city, they have knowledge about every lost soul spot since they notice em while they stroll around." Said Laura to Luke.

"And since i was the one that discovered them, i called Gill, and asked him to recruit him into my group, after he tested them somehow, he approved of it and let them be part of my little group, we so such demon chases from time to time so it's nothing new."

"To be honest, such a way of work seems so efficient, i'm impressed Laura , you're not as irresponsible as you seem." Said Luke.

"Ohhh, you're making me blush, stop iiiit." Smiled Laura.

The demon chase continued, Kev and Kyle exterminated every weak demon with ease, both using their metal bats, Luke could take a closer look at Kyle, he looked exactly like Kevin, the only difference was that he wore a red shirt with a cartoonish cat logo on it.

Beep, beep, beep, beep, beep, beep...

A red mark appeared on the mini map above Dove city Cinema.

Luke and Laura faces showed fear at the unending beeps.

"Kyle, Kev, a very strong demon is in the Cinema, proceed with caution, don't get inside until i give you a signal, i'll get into the building and try to get a clear image of the demon."

The drone approached the cinema, and passed inside of it through one of the large windows, it was dark inside.

CRUSH!

the signal was lost, no image could be seen, the screen turned black.

"My drone! Someone destroyed my drone!"

 

 

1