Prologue 00
30 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“You’ve got to be kidding me.”

 

“Get out of there, kid! It’s dangerous there!”

 

                        I can’t believe I’m even doing this, I’m stepping through a restricted dimensional portal. Why was this kid even playing near it? I’m in this situation right now because some kids were playing outside this giant tower when one kid slipped through the fences and recklessly went through the portal when no one was looking. I was asked by the other kids to rescue him and sneaked in. The maintenance guys didn’t even see me, what a bunch of morons!

 

“I can’t believe I’m doing this.” I said as I’ve stepped through the portal.

 

Although this also works in my favor because I’ve been looking for a chance to get on some real experience in the battle field and some unknown grounds are just what I’m looking for. Finally be able to grow as a fighter or even a high ranking hero just like Dyson, the greatest hero in the world.

This has got to be the most troublesome I’ve done ever. What would Yona say if she found out?

My vision became very blurry. I can barely see the other side of portal. It’s kinda grey.

As the effects of travelling through dimensions slowly fades, I’m at awe at what I’m seeing. A dark landscape covered with mushrooms with mouths and thunderstorms everywhere. There’s no signs of life other than this artificial portal right behind of me.

I checked my phone and there’s no signal. Kinda obvious since this is a different dimension? Then all of a sudden, behind the hills, I can see giant statue-like beings looking around as if they are looking for someone and they suddenly started running towards me. They are holding giant spears too.

My expression changed from shocked to an even more shocked. I turned around and see the portal closed in a split-second.

 

“I’m fucked.” I uttered.

 

I looked around and saw a mushroom thick enough to hide several people behind it. I sprinted to it and hid behind it, hoping the giant cunts won’t find me.

 

“This isn’t the shit I’ve expected will happen.”

 

“Oh? Then what were you expecting? Child”

 

Startled by the sudden voice whispered right beside me, I turn my head to see a woman with wings wearing a damage battle suit and having bruises and scars all over her body. She has pink hair and eyes and a very feminine look. She’s holding a strange book with one hand and comforting the child I was looking for with the other.

 

“You kid, finally found you. Your friends are worried about you, should have nev-.” I said when I was interrupted.

 

“shh! The Nephilims will hear us.” says the lady in the broken armor.

 

“Nephilims? Like the ones in the legends?” I said.

 

“Here, take the child and protect him. I’ll distract the Nephilims while ya’ll ran away as far as you can. We’ll meet up together after and I’ll open the portal when there’s no more danger, okay?” She said with a calm and soothing voice.

She opened the strange book and it glowed with a blue aura as she reached into the pages. She then pull out a Blue Scythe that looked uncannily familiar. She rushed towards the hills and called out the Nephilims:

 

“I’m right here you big chunks of solid grey shits!” she shouted.

 

The Giants turned their attentions to the woman and begun disturbingly howling the phrase: “Holy, holy, holy is not the lord of host the world is not full of his glory.”  With a very uncanny voice echoing through the lands repeatedly.

The giants then begun running towards the woman with malice.

 

“Look what you’ve got us into!” I said to the boy.

 

“I didn’t do anything they were already fighting when I got here! Also, my name is Johan!” spoke back by the boy to me.

 

“I’m sorry, I’m just quick to blame someone for comedic effect.” I reply back.

 

“Well, I’m not laughing, Mister.” He added.

 

“Now what do we do?”

 

This is my chance to help and gain my experience as a fighter! This is what I’ve been longing for ever since that incident. It’s a moment I couldn’t turn around and ignore, I have to help. But then again…

I looked at Johan and sighed. For now, let’s run away and I’ll focus on protecting Johan until the battle is over.

I grabbed him and we ran away from the mushrooms. Then the mushrooms stood up and begun chasing us. They were howling disturbingly the phrase: “Long live death! Long live death! Long live death!”

 

“Mister Behind you!” The kid screamed.

 

The Goliaths heard the kid scream and change their agro to Johan. They begin chasing after us instead of the woman in the damage armor.

 

“Hey! Look over here! I’m the one you’re after!” Screamed the woman.

 

She grew worried and begun chasing after us too. The Nephilims were very fast as they were catching up very quickly. A root grabbed me and we tripped. The mushrooms were nearing and becoming louder.

I tried removing the roots from my foot but Johan kept clinging to me, crying in terror. The mushrooms are getting closer and so are the goliaths.

What should I do? What should I do? Think Avery, Think! What would someone like you do in this situation? What would Dyson think of this situation?

As I was organizing my thoughts, the woman threw a white sword and landed right next to me.

 

“Hey kid! Use that sword to defend yourselves!” The lady screamed.

 

The lady shot a visible energy-like slash projectile from her scythe towards the Goliaths and they begun turning their attentions again towards her. They howled louder and more disturbingly as they approach the lady. The mushrooms also switched their attention to her just enough that they stopped but not enough to pursue her.

I grabbed the sword and used it to cut the root out of my foot. Johan calmed down a bit but was still clinging to me just not as much as before. While the mushrooms were distracted, I used the sword to slice one to half.

The mushrooms were agitated and begun screaming out the phrase again only this time, the pitch was lower and I can feel the echoes of the screams. One of the mushrooms shot out one of it’s roots towards me.

I blocked the attack with the white sword.

 

“This sword is light! Not like the ones I use in the school.” I spoke happily.

 

The mushrooms all begun to attack all at once. I’m struggling with one and now they’re all ganging up on me! I looked at Johan and tighten me grip on the sword. I lifted my sword up and begun swinging it towards their attack.

Their attacks will not glaze our bodies. I blocked their projectiles and landed a few hits in their head thingies. One of the roots ambushed me in the ground. The roots took hold of my foot once again. I lifted the sword again and with the right angle, I sliced 5 incoming projectiles, one mushroom and also sliced the root that was binding my foot from mobilizing.

I begun to hear a faint whisper. I suspected the voice is coming from my head and I just shrugged it off and continue slicing and dicing.

With a few more enemies left, I took a glance at the woman and she was also holding her ground quite well. Then the voices in my head begun to speak louder to the point I can barely hear it. It is saying: “Use me mortal, Pierce yourself.” Over and over again. It is becoming unbearable.

 

“Mister? What’s happening to you?” Said Johan.

 

“Sorry, my head is starting to hurt. But I can still go on.” I replied.

 

I begun to show signs of fatigue and tiredness while I fight. As the voices in my head grew louder, my movements begins to slow down. The lady noticed.

 

“Don’t give in to the voices! It’s too dangerous” She screamed as if she knew what’s happening to me.

 

The Nephilims took this opportunity to impale her with their giant spears. I gained my momentum back and ignored the voices and begun slicing the mushrooms. I got rid of all of them. I gave my phone to Johan and told him to hit play when I give the signal and when it plays he’ll need to run away and hide.

I ran towards the woman and the Nephilims and begun throwing stuff I can find on the ground into them. The Giant’s attention turned to me. Their Agro centered to me and ignores the woman that they impaled. They begin approaching me “howling their phrase even louder which is good because they block out the voices in my head. I raised my hand and screamed: “Play the song!”

Johan hit play and my phone begun playing “Hallelujah” by Pentatonix loudly.

The Nephilims Quickly turned their heads towards the origin of the melody and begun howling uncomprehensive sounds. They open their eyes and glowed red. They ran towards the holy sound ignoring the both of us.

 

“Miss, are you okay!” Concerned me spoke.

 

“I’ve been impaled, I don’t think I’m doing fine but *cough* thanks for worrying.” She replied.

 

The kid ran away from the phone, circling the field meeting up with the two of us. The Nephilims are destroying my phone mercilessly as if they’re wild beast sent from hell.

As they’re mindlessly destroying my phone along with my search history, the three of us have gathered to take this opportunity to come up with a plan to get out of this hell hole.

 

“Look at them go, doing me a favor and erasing the evidence of my guilty pleasures.” I said.

 

“This isn’t the time to make jokes, Mister!” Johan replied angrily.

 

“The kid is right, we have to formulate *coughs*” The lady spoke when she suddenly puked out blood.

“I guess this is *cough* it for me.” She added.

 

She’d been stabbed through the chest, of course this isn’t the time to make jokes. She’s laying there with blood all over but I just can’t help it. I don’t like this kind of atmosphere. It’s not like I know the lady personally, I don’t even know her name but even I have to know the limits of my formality. The voices in my head grew louder again, telling me to stab myself with the sword. It’s almost like it’s speaking right in front of me, the sword.

 

“I’m sorry, I’m sorry I’m like this, I can’t… I can’t hel..” I spoke then I couldn’t get my voice out.

 

I think I’m going crazy. What’s happening to me? This has been happening to me since I’ve started using the sword to slice those mushrooms? Should I just stab myself? Why should I? Why shouldn’t I?

The Lady and Johan looked concerned at the sorry sight that is me.

She reached out her hand to me, laying on the ground. Her reaching out to me somewhat calmed me down a bit. I took her hand and she gave me a firm smile as her life fades away. Johan has started crying out loud just as the Nephilims finishes displaying their berserk behavior on my phone.

The Nephilims heard the whaling sound of Johan crying and begun approaching us next.

 

“Here, take the book an- *cough* and the key to the… portal” she said as her voice begins to fade also.

“No matter what… you do, *cough* Never… Stab yourself with… the weapons… inside the Grimoire. It is too… dangerous.” She added as she handed me the Grimoire and the access key to the portal.

 

She dropped, her soul now freed from her body. Johan is probably traumatized by now. I mean, what kind of kid wouldn’t be traumatized after they just witnessed someone dying in front of them?  I was like that when I was a kid.

It’s because this is the second time I’ve witnessed death happening right in front of me.

0