Chapter 44 An army of invincible ghosts
7 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 44

An army of invincible ghosts

 

A few minutes earlier.

Ken exits the Bulgasari’s cave and flies in the direction of the Bulgasari.

He quickly catches up to the massive beast and then starts looking around.

~now where-

Before he can finish his question he notices reality warp around him and shifts around him and then in a fraction of a second he finds himself in the car with Daxia and Celine.

~ Man, your mask sure is fascinating ~

His lips curl up into a wide grin as he looks at Daxia.

- focus nut case, we are still being chased by a giant monster–

~oh, you don’t have to worry about that, the royal guards will come to handle it soon ~

Celine's eyes grow wide at Ken’s declaration.

-the royal guards?!, why would the royal guards come here?-

Ken looks at Celine with a blank look.

~ what do you mean why? Because we are leading a metal-devouring unkillable monster toward a city, of course, they have to come ~

-wait! Was that your plan from the start? Are you insane? –

Daxia chuckles quietly at Celine's reaction.

It’s nice to see a normal person’s reaction to Ken’s crazy plans.

She hates to admit it but even her own sense of danger has been twisted;  his plans are always so crazy to the point that luring out the strongest force in the country to chase them sounds tame in comparison to his usual plans.

-yes, yes, he is, you will get used to it - 

Ken crosses his arms looking annoyed.

~hey, I will have you know my plan is flawless, it hits three birds with one giant metallic stone ~

-you idiot, the royal guards can easily handle the Bulgasari and then they will come after us-

~ I am aware bu-

RUMBLE

RUMBLE

the begins to rumble pulling the trio’s attention toward the Bulgasari and interrupting their conversation.

They watch as forty royal guards surround the Bulgasari while holding halberds that glow emerald green.

The ground rises in response to their call and begins to wrestle with the Bulgasari and starts burying it alive.

~ damn they move quickly ~

Ken’s lips curl up in a wide grin.

~ you should get ready; we will need to fight royal guards in a few moments ~

Ken waits till the forty royal guards split into two groups, one maintains the earth magic and the other uses ice magic to cool down the lava, then he uses aether magic to knock one royal guard after another off their Girins.

Unlike Saiko who has enough magic to rival a nation on her own, his magic is very weak, in fact, it’s weaker than the magic of a normal person.

He always resented that fact and thought that life was unfair. 

Even if he used all his mana at once he could never hope to even hurt any of the royal guards with his magic.

‘Is what a loser would think, I have a thousand and one ways to kill someone with my magic and that’s just off the top of my head, but I don’t need to at the moment’  

As the number of the royal guards maintaining the earth magic decreases one by one, the spell’s ability to hold the Bulgasari decreases until the massive beast erupts from the ground like a hellish beast.

~ give me your grimoire ~

Ken extends his hand toward Celine.

Celine looks at him skeptically.

- I am sure you know that light magic is not suited for physical confrontation if you take my grimoire, you will reduce my ability to fight the royal guards –

~pffft ~ Ken looks at Celine. ~ light magic is not suited for combat? Well, ma’am, I would like to happily inform you that your magic will henceforth be known as the scariest combat magic in Kim sungta, well, so long as you have the program I created that is~

Celine looks at Ken even more skeptically but decides to give him the grimoire anyway.

Although she thinks he is at best exaggerating and at worst just delusional, either way, she will at least gain a new way to use her light magic even if it’s a mediocre method.

- I am listening - 

Ken grins and sends his program from his watch to her digital grimoire.

~ to sum it up, whenever the brain thinks of a thought,  it releases an electromagnetic wave that corresponds to that thought but that process is reversible meaning you can subject a brain to a specific sequence of electromagnetic waves to induce thoughts in the brain of the target ~

CRACKLE

CRACKLE

Ken turns toward the crackling sound to see large black pillars surrounded by electric arcs rising from the ground one by one.

~they skipped plan B and went straight to C, welp that’s bad it means we are running out of time ~

Ken turns to look at Celine.

~light is electromagnetic waves, which means you can use light magic to induce thoughts in others, of  course, no Sapien would be able to read the waves produced by the brain fast enough nor accurately enough to use this in battle but that’s where my program comes in, when you channel your magic into it, It will read the waves produced by my brain and recreate them with your magic and fire them at your targets ~

Once the fourth pillar forms and stabilizes Ken takes out the demon Skull and fires its plasma beam at one of the Pillars.

 ~ get ready, they will come now, also Daxia, please prepare a portal  ~

 

*******************************************

 

The royal guards rush in the direction the beam of white light was fired from.

More beams of white light are fired at them but they are able to easily dodge them thanks to their agile Girins.

In the blink of an eye, the thirty Girins and their royal guards arrive at the source of light beams but when they do all they find is a blue demonic skull floating in the air in front of them.

-on guard men, it could be a trap- 

Herman shouts his order at the royal guards to calm their nerves.

It’s clear to him that they are dancing in the palms of the bounty hunters, he doesn’t  know how long they planned this or-

~relax, Sir, Royal Guard there are no traps nor anything like that, I didn’t have time to set any ~

-what the? –

Sir Herman flinches from surprise as he hears a voice inside his head.

~besides, I don’t need any traps to deal with you ~

-show yourself, you coward –

The remaining Royal guards turn to look at their senior with looks of confusion and worry.

Their senior randomly started shouting as though he is talking to someone but there is no one besides them around and the sensors in their helmets hasn’t picked up on anything either.

However, what they don’t realize is that their sensors have in fact picked up on the use of light magic but the sensors ignored it, for it was identical to the electromagnetic waves created by the brain, which the sensors were told to ignore to not flood the royal guard with unnecessary endless information, for every thought by them or by those around them would be reported by the sensors.

Unaware of the truth of the matter, the royal guards look for something to blame and can only turn toward the floating blue skull.

-is it a cursed item?-

- I don’t know but I won’t wait to find out –

The latter of the two royal guards raises his halberd and slams it down at the skull to break it but the skull vanishes before the halberd touches.

~don’t break my sword, do you know how hard it was to make~

The remaining royal guards all flinch in surprise as they all hear the voice in their heads.

-who is there? –

~fine, fine, I will show myself since you all keep asking ~

A blonde guy in his early twenties wearing a black shirt, pants, and glasses begins to materialize in front of the royal guards.

The skull that was floating in the air earlier was hanging by a strap from his waist.

-impossible-

-what is happening? –

-what are you? –

The royal guards begin to question their own eyes and their understanding of reality.

They all can see the guy clear as day but all their equipment and sensors swear, he is not there, Swear that he is not real.

None of the hundreds of sensors in the armor of the royal guards is able to pick up anything about the guy; no heat signature, no mana signature, not even their ultrasonic sensor can pick up anything, he is truly not there.

-Calm down, it’s surely an illusion –

~pffft ~

Herman tries to calm down his junior royal guards but that only causes the blonde guy to laugh.

~you know that’s not true, if I was an illusion, your helmets would’ve detected it ~

The blonde guy bends down then picks up a stone from the ground and shows it to the royal guards.

~besides, if I was an illusion, would I be able to do this ~

Herman gulps while watching with horror.

To his eyes, it’s just a normal scene of a guy holding a stone but to his helmet, the stone is floating in the air held by nothing at all.

Panic starts to consume the minds of the royal guards.

-it’s a ghost, it, it has to be –

One of the royal guards exclaims causing the rest to panic even more.

-c, cut the crap ghosts aren’t real –

One of the royal guards hesitantly shouts and raises his halberd then slashes the blonde guy in half but he feels no resistance.

The halberd passed through the guy as though he wasn’t there sending even more terror through the heart of the royal guard.

The blonde guy looks at the royal guard with an annoyed expression.

-how rude –

he then raises his fist and punches the royal guard.

Of course, the royal guard raises his arm to guard against the punch but the hand phases through the royal guard’s arm and then his helmet until it reaches his face at which point it collides with the royal guard’s face sending him flying off his Girin while the rest watched with wide eyes.

-I,I told you he is a ghost, how can we kill something already dead –

~now, shall we have some fun together ~

The blonde guy cracks his neck followed by his knuckles and then hundreds of copies of the blonde guy materialize everywhere around the royal guards surrounding them, all of them are completely invisible to the sensors and equipment of the royal guards but all of them are all too real to the eyes of the royal guards.

 

 

======================================================================

Author note:-

New chapters come out Saturday .

to support spirit of Gaia and become a member of hell nobility join on ko fi

https://ko-fi.com/hecatesarchive

Social media links:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOKN_jtGpLZqO6UyGgEjqpQ

https://www.reddit.com/r/spiritofGaia

https://www.facebook.com/hecatesarchive/

https://twitter.com/hecatesarchive

https://www.tiktok.com/@hecatesarchive

https://www.pinterest.com/hecatesarchive/

 

2