Chapter 39 The KHAT, the KA, and the BA
8 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 39

The KHAT, the KA, and the BA

 

 

-that leaves these two –

Rin comments while pointing to two streams of light on a model of the sapien body he made based on what Daxia can see.

In the past few hours, they were able to isolate and identify what most of the lights Daxia sees correspond to.

Some lights corresponded to movement orders, some corresponded to muscle contraction be it rhythmic and automatic like the beating of the heart or the movement of the stomach and digestive system, and some others much smaller and fainter lights but more numerous corresponded to activities done inside the cells.

However, there are two streams of lights they couldn’t find out what they correspond to.

One began below the stomach and spread throughout the body like a spider web, while the other began in the center of the chest and spread throughout the body like branches of a tree.

 -and the brain –

Daxia adds.

The brain was a mess of colorful lights, it was extremely challenging to determine which of the lights corresponded to a thought, a memory, sensory information, or a different brain function such as maintaining the balance of the body.

It also didn’t help that each individual thought, memory, or sensory information had its own distinct sequence of lights that flashed at very high speed.

Not only that but also there is a stream of light that comes out of the brain and spreads throughout the body and another stream that originates from all over the body and collects then travels to the brain.

All these made it impossible to categorize anything relating to what happens inside the brain.

Only after the lights exit the brain or before they enter it can they determine what they correspond to, and even then, they were only able to determine one of the lights exiting the brain that is the movement orders, and one of the lights entering the brain that being sensory information coming from the skin and sense organs like the eyes and ears.

Ken points at the light stream originating from below the stomach.

~ Lucky for us we don’t have to worry about the brain since we can see that the lights from this one are fainter in the third video than in the first and second videos, so this one is our prime suspect ~ 

Daxia crosses her arms and observes the stream of blue light.

-so, is this life then? –

-not quite, like with everything else we discussed before, the light is just a by-product of life, not life itself -

Daxia nods her head at Rin’s comment.

-okay, so we found life but we still don’t know what it is-

Ken scrolls through a list of documents.

~although I wasn’t able to find something written by Amon himself, I found many documents that are from ancient Egit, originally, I dismissed them as some religious nonsense from that time period, because they spoke about souls and ghosts and whatnot ~

Ken selects a document and opens it.

~ however, unlike the typical idea of the soul and ghosts, it seems they had a much more detailed and complicated system, that divided the sapiens into nine different parts~

-nine? That’s a lot of parts –

Ken nods his head at Daxia’s comment.

~you are not wrong, that’s part of why I dismissed it at first, especially when it included things such as the true name of the person and their shadow whatever they meant by those, but the nine parts could be said that they all arise from three main components~ 

Ken raises one finger.

~First the KHAT or the physical body of the person and its gate should exist somewhere in the mess that is the brain~

He then points to the stream of light that originates from the center of the chest.

~second is the KA or the spirit of the Sapien and its gate is in the chest and it’s called JB which is described as something similar to the physical heart but different from it, so we can assume it’s the source of this stream~

Ken then points to the third stream.

The one that originates from below the stomach.

~and finally, the BA or the soul which nourishes both the spirit and the body, and its gate is described as being directly below the belly button ~

-I never thought I would hear you use words like soul and spirit unironically –

Ken shrugs his shoulder at Rin.

~I never thought I would either but considering how old these texts are, they are probably the first to discover it, so they get to call it whatever they want, besides, technically speaking, we are the ones who translated KA to spirit and BA to soul, their understanding of the soul or BA is clearly very different to our understanding of it, for example, most people nowadays uses the words spirit and soul interchangeably as though they are the same thing while it’s clear that people from the time of Amon viewed them as distinct and different things ~

-hold on a second-

Daxia rubs her foreheads from exhaustion.

Annoyance and frustration are very visible on her face.

-are you trying to tell me, we spent all these hours just to conclude that the soul supplies the body with life? –

Rin looks at Daxia for a moment before he starts laughing.

-pffft, well, I guess when you put it that way, it does sound like a waste of time –

Ken shakes his head trying to keep a serious tone but his lips keep trying to curl up.

~NO, no, it’s more accurate to say we have found the origin of that belief, we also now know what that acutely means and we narrowed it down to a specific physical phenomenon that we can study and experiment on to find a way to replace the missing BA ~

Daxia rubs her forehead more then shakes her head in annoyance.

-eh, whatever dude, just tell me how my mask works –

~okay ~

-pffft-

Ken keeps trying to have a serious look despite his lips almost turning into a full smile now, while Rin continues to laugh about it.

~so, about your mask, it works by bending space, that’s why it can move faster than light by not doing so~

Daxia raises an eyebrow at him looking confused.

- I think you stopped talking in English again - 

~I will explain, I will explain ~

Ken turns away and opens a video on one of the blue holographic screens.

The video shows a light beam and a car traveling on two lines from point A to B.

~ when we say nothing moves faster than light, what we acutely mean is nothing can travel in space faster than light, but you can go from point A to B faster than light in a few ways if you mess with space~

The video shows the line between point A and Point B bending to form a circle making the two points next to each other.

~ you can bend the space either partially or fully and by the way, that’s how portals work, they bend the space to an extreme degree to the point that two places that are miles apart act as if they are right next to each other separated only by the portal ~

The video then shows the line between A and B returning to normal then a piece of the line that has point A on it breaks off from the line and moves up to be next to point B.

~another option and this is the one your mask uses, is to create a sort of wave in space by expanding space behind you and constricting it in front of you and ride that wave since space itself is not limited by the speed of light, you can think of it like surfing except you are surfing on space instead of water~

Ken presses on his watch causing a blue holographic screen similar to the ones created by the aether net to appear above it.

~ usually, stuff like that needs a lot of gravity and so a lot of mass but I suspect your mask uses the aether field to generate the gravity without the need for mass~

He presses a few buttons on the screen then Daxia’s watch flashes a white light a few times.

Daxia looks at her watch and sees she just received a file.

~ also I would like to study your mask later because I believe I should be able to do the same with my aether magic, but I will think about that after I finish studying life ~

-and how did you find that out exactly?-

~ from how your mask interacted with Celine’s invisibility spell, the invisibility spell works by bending light around the user but when you used the mask on her some parts of her became visible but not all of her, it means something was causing the light to bend and hit her and since your mask doesn’t affect light it means it bent the space itself that the light was traveling in ~

-and you got all that from a glance? –

Daxia looks at Ken both impressed and surprised.

Even though he explained it, it still would take her a while to properly digest everything and yet it looked like he understood all that almost immediately when he saw her use the mask.

- pffft, don’t question it he is by no means normal-

~what do you mean? I am normal~

Daxia decides to ignore the two of them and focus on what she wants.

-okay, how can I use that differently –

Ken looks at her and smiles confidently.

~ the file I prepared for you has all the information and instructions you need to be able to use the mask to move around, theoretically you can move faster than light with the mask probably don’t do that though, as that could easily lead to an early grave, start with speeds you can manage ~

*****

 

Location: throne room of the royal palace of Kim Sungta

Day: 12th of June 5027

 

Chief advisor Hwang Seo Jun enters the throne room with his lips curled into a wide grin.

He kneels in front of the throne and starts his report with excitement.

-my king the new armor is ready for use –

The old king raises an eyebrow at his chief advisor.

He had ordered his advisor to study the fight between Saiko and the leader of the strike force team one and recreate his armor since it was able to fight against Saiko’s water magic but he didn’t expect to hear results so soon.

- you were able to recreate this quickly –

The chief advisor shakes his head.

- unfortunately, not my king, however by studying the fight and consulting our court magicians we were able to determine that the living weapon loses her control over water once its molecular structure changes, so we created an armor that would break down the water and separate it into the two elements oxygen and hydrogen-

The old king scowls at the use of the term of the term living weapon.

He always hated that term, especially so when it was used to refer to little Lavie.

-didn’t I tell you not to use that term, it’s dehumanizing –

-but my king I didn’t use it on a human –

-still don’t use it –

The king turns to look at the head of the royal guards a bulky man in his late forties whose hair has already turned white.

- I will entrust the armor to you, make sure to capture Saiko alive and avoid violence if possible -

The head of the royal guards bows to the king but before he can say anything, he gets interrupted by the chief advisor.

-my king, why limit Sir Allen and royal guards? the target is not human we only need the book-

The king looks at the chief advisor and then at the members of the royal guards lining the walls of the throne room.

He can tell from the looks on their faces that most of them share the same sentiment as the chief advisor.

He turns his gaze back to the chief advisor.

-although, she is a Therian she has shown enough humanity to expect the same level of humanity from us-

-my king they attacked a hospital –

-and they could have killed everyone in the hospital but they chose to save them instead or do you think I don’t know the real identity of the angel clad in golden light? –

The chief advisor lowers his head.

It’s clear he still disagrees but he knows not to challenge the king any further.

- as you wish my king-

The king observes the gazes of the royal guards.

Some of them look conflicted.

Although the real identity of the angel clad in golden light was kept a secret from the public, as members of the royal guards they were told about it and it shook the worldview of many of them.

-haaa-

The king lets out a short sigh.

- I know many of you are conflicted over my orders, however, remember that we didn’t survive this long through our strength, we all know that the invaders are much stronger than us, we survived this long through the grace of God, and if we want to keep his grace with us, we must return goodwill when it’s given to us-

The head of the royal guards puts his arm across his chest and bows.

-we will not disappoint you my king -

 

==============================================================================

Author note:-

New chapters come out Saturday .

to support spirit of Gaia and become a member of hell nobility join on ko fi

https://ko-fi.com/hecatesarchive

Social media links:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOKN_jtGpLZqO6UyGgEjqpQ

https://www.reddit.com/r/spiritofGaia

https://www.facebook.com/hecatesarchive/

https://twitter.com/hecatesarchive

https://www.tiktok.com/@hecatesarchive

https://www.pinterest.com/hecatesarchive/

 

 

 

 

2