Chapter 41 the royal guards
6 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 41

the royal guards

 

 

THUD!

THUD!

-you crazy bastard, can you tell me why we are being chased by a giant monster right now? –

Daxia shouts as loud as she can so her voice can be heard over the sound of loud footsteps chasing after them while holding tightly onto the grab handle next to her.

THUD!

THUD!

The massive behemoth that is the Bulgasari chases after the small metallic car and the earth trembles violently under the weight of every step it takes. 

~many reasons acutely but I don’t have time to explain, Rin, can you take control of the car for me ~

-on it –

Ken presses a button on the door next to him which causes the roof of the car to open up.

He then turns to look at Daxia and Celine sitting in the back seat and shouts as loudly as he can as well.

~ Celine, this monster likes to absorb metal that’s why it’s currently chasing the car but I don’t want to risk my car getting eaten so please use your illusion magic to make a different bait for it to chase after ~

Celine nods and then uses her light magic to turn the car invisible and to make an illusion of a twenty foot high metallic horse running parallel to the car but a good distance away from it for safety.

Ken gets up and stands on his seat while holding onto the door next to him for support as the car continues to shake with every step the Bulgasari takes.

~ I will go with Saiko to set up the ritual then I will meet with you for now please distract the beast ~

Ken leans over and bows toward Saiko extending his arm toward her doing his best impression of a medieval knight about to escort a royal princess.

~my lady ~

Saiko looks at him apprehensively.

Usually, she would enjoy his antics but right now, she is still feeling anxious about what he is going to do.

She knows he will do something crazy if he can’t get his way but she doesn’t know what his plan is.

‘I will have to stop him if he tries to cross the line, although I hope I won’t have to’

Saiko holds Ken’s hand and stands up on her chair as well.

Ken takes out the demon skull and raises it above him.

tentacle like wires come out of the skull and wrap around Ken and Saiko then the demon Skull opens its mouth.

Ken turns off the recoil function and at that moment a powerful beam of plasma fires off from the Skull’s mouth and Ken and Saiko vanish from the car leaving behind a trail of white light.

 The demon Skull flies through the air at tremendous using its plasma beam to propel itself while carrying Ken and Saiko.

In a matter of seconds, the skull arrives back at the Bulgasari’s cave before slowing down and landing.

_ are they going to be okay alone? _

Saiko asks while glancing in the direction of the massive beast.

Despite being so far away that it can’t be seen anymore, the sound of its heavy footsteps continues to echo loudly with every step it takes.

~ they will be fine, if the situation gets dangerous Daxia will teleport them away, besides, I will meet with them after I am done here ~

_Speaking of which why are we here exactly? _

Ken takes out his digital grimoire and picks a light spell.

A small glowing ball manifests in front of him and illuminates a small area around the duo as they walk deeper inside the cave.

~although it’s true that blood types can’t mix and usually you need a donation from someone who has the exact same blood type as you, there are two exceptions ~

As they walk inside the cave a horrible stench of death assaults Saiko’s sensitive nose causing her to almost gag and then cover her nose.

~ people with blood type O negative can give blood to anyone and thus are called universal donors while people with blood type AB positive can receive blood from anyone and are called universal receivers ~

As they walk deeper, the light from the glowing ball begins to illuminate hundreds mostly eaten of carcasses.

Skeletons of many shapes and sizes, some with all the flesh on them devoured others with some bits of flesh still covering them remnants of the creatures they once were.

Some of the skeletons belonged to sapiens others belonged to various animals and monsters one even belonged to a young imugi; although it was still just an imugi and hadn’t grown up enough to be called a dragon, it was still a mighty creature that no normal predator would dream of hunting but to the Bulgasari, they were all just Leftovers from previous meals.

~there is something similar with the souls, truth is people from ancient Egit had many rituals that could transfer life from one creature to another but in all of these rituals the recipient had to be a dead person, only the souls of the dead could receive life from any creature ~

Ken takes out the demon Skull and fires its plasma beam at the ground then uses it to carve out multiple magical symbols and hieroglyphs.

 ~ at first I thought that this was possible because the creature didn’t have a soul anymore since it was dead but I was wrong not only did it still have a soul, but the ritual itself was a part of a process to merge the creature’s soul and spirit together~

Ken grabs Saiko’s hand and makes her stand in the center of the magical circuit he drew.

~ please stand over here~ and then he continues his explanation~  so I decided to modify the ritual quite a bit to change the structure of your soul and make it like that of a dead person hopefully by doing so you would be able to receive life from others ~

Saiko feels her body stiffen up and ache as she feels something getting drawn out of her.

The feeling is similar to when she used the fox bead but somewhat different.

A blue light starts coming out from her eyes, mouth, and nose, while a red light begins to come out from dead carcasses. 

The two lights dance together in the air before merging and transforming into a purple light.

Once it forms, the purple light enters Saiko’s body and the process repeats except this time the blue light is slightly darker in color.

Ken watches his creation with a proud and satisfied smile then raises the demon skull and wires extend from it and wrap around him.

~ please wait here till we come back with the Bulgasari ~

In the next moment, Ken vanishes leaving behind him a trail of white light.

_haaa_

Saiko lets out a sigh of relief and then smiles.

Although the process is painful, it doesn’t seem to cross any lines.

‘I guess I was worried for nothing’

Judging by how Ken left to get the Bulgasari she can safely assume its soul will be used to replenish hers and although it probably won’t feel nice for the beast, it likely has more than life to replenish hers and still live for hundreds of years.

 

*************

In the forest outside the Bulgasari’s cave, a young soldier wearing a camouflage suit and sitting inside a hole in the ground with only the upper half of his head visible outside of the hole watches as a beam of white light exits the massive cave and flies in the direction the Bulgasari ran in a few minutes earlier.

the young soldier pulls out a small device and reports what he saw.

Elsewhere in the forest.

A pride of majestic creatures march through the forest at a terrifying speed.

Each of the creatures possesses a muscular deer like body that is covered in brilliant azure scales that sparkle under the gentle rays of the sun.

Four muscular legs that end in flat hooves like that of a horse gallop rapidly with enough force to crush the ground below them and yet no such damage occurred.

The gentle creatures too afraid that they would harm an innocent soul choose to always use their powers to step on the air a few inches above the blades of the grass below them.

their majestic white manes and tails flutter in the wind as they run through the air while the antlers crowning their dragon like heads glow with an ethereal blue light.

These are the Girin the majestic creatures that are the symbol of the royal family of Kim Sungta from long before the cataclysm and on top of each of these creatures rides a knight clad in white armor from head to toe.

the symbol of the royal guards, a shield protecting a three-legged crow, can be seen on the red capes fluttering in the wind behind them.

A member of the royal guards receives a report and then tugs on the reins of his mount causing the majestic creature to increase its speed to reach the front of the pride to reach his superior.

There at the head of the pride is Sir Eun Woo, the head of the royal guards, clad in the new silver armor created by court magicians and scientists of the royal palace and riding on his golden Girin, sparks of electricity are constantly dancing in the air around him.

-Sir, we received a new report from the visual surveillance unit, it seems the Therian is alone in the cave at the moment while the blonde guy went to meet with the two being chased by the Bulgasari-

Since the world government controls space and all the satellites in it, Kim Sungta had to rely on the old method of surveillance through human eyes by placing soldiers at different hiding spots all throughout its territory.

  Although such methods could be considered a waste of soldiers, Kim Sungta is able to do it since they conscript everyone into their military giving more than enough soldiers for it.

From the moment the three intruders were discovered the visual surveillance unit was alerted to keep track of their movement, however, even before the royal guards were dispatched they received a report that the surveillance unit lost track of the intruders as they went underground causing them to halt their mission.

Soon after that, they received another report that the trio were rediscovered in the vicinity of the Bulgasari’s lair and they appeared to be leading the creature somewhere.

‘Just what is their plan?’

The head of the royal guard stares at his subordinate while deep in thought.

‘I have a bad feeling about this’

The head of the royal guards turns his head to face his men and gives them his orders.

-Knights One through forty you will chase after and subdue the Bulgasari then arrest the bounty hunters, no matter what happens you cannot allow the creature to enter a city if it does thousands of people will die, and the creature will become much more powerful, the remaining ten knights will accompany me to arrest the Therian - 

-YES SIR-

The royal guards shout then the majestic pride of Girins split into two groups, each one marching toward its respective targets.

=================================================================

Author note:-

I am sorry there was no chapter last week, I hadn’t yet settled on the design and powers of the royal guards by then, so I needed time to decide their theme, appearance, and abilities 😅

New chapters come out Saturday.

to support spirit of Gaia and become a member of hell nobility join on ko fi

https://ko-fi.com/hecatesarchive

Social media links:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOKN_jtGpLZqO6UyGgEjqpQ

https://www.reddit.com/r/spiritofGaia

https://www.facebook.com/hecatesarchive/

https://twitter.com/hecatesarchive

https://www.tiktok.com/@hecatesarchive

https://www.pinterest.com/hecatesarchive/

 

 

3