Chapter~1: The Start
600 15 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

    [A/N- this is my first time writing that isn't school related so please be forgiving, I'm open to any criticism. Also I don't know how long this will be or what my upload schedule will be. So yeah, enjoy the story :) Also... I do not own any characters or ideas from Attack on Titan. The only thing I own are my characters]

    [A/N- 'thinking'   "talking"   "shouting"

    The first thing I remember when waking up in a cold, dark room is being hit by a bus. I know, cliche. But I guess it's not the worst way to go out. It was quick at least.

    'Wait... is this death?'

    I'm laying on a pile of dirty rags on a wooden floor. I sit up and look around the room. Not a lot around, just a table with two chairs, a bucket in the corner that smells awful and a bed with a lump on it.

    'Huh? What's happening? Am I in the bad place? Wait a minute...' I look down at myself. I'm small, skinny, deathly pale, and covered in filth. I'm a child... Like really young! Like five or six!

    "I've been reincarnated?"

    I squeak in my new tiny voice. 'It's the most logical explanation.' I've watched a lot of isekai anime so I know what I'm talking about. 'Hold on... my voice sounded oddly feminine.'

    "H-hello? Anyone there?" I test my new voice while also checking if I'm alone. When I don't get an answer I look back down at my body. I tentatively bring my hands to my body and test my body for injuries. I notice I'm wearing a poorly made cloth dress.

    'Okay, one way to be sure.' I reach a hand underneath my dress... 'It's gone...' I give a tiny salute to my missing member and begin to look around the room, starting with the bed. I walk over to it on unsteady feet, both lacking the strength to move well and not being used to my new body.

    I hesitantly pull back the covers to reveal a woman with black hair and deathly pale skin. She's very thin and isn't moving. Then it clicks.

   I jump back, both terrified and disgusted at the same time. 'She's dead...'

    In my haste to move away from the corpse I trip and fall painfully onto the floor. "Ah!" I yelp in pain at the fall, just now realizing I'm to weak to get back up on my own right now. I crawl back to the pile of rags I woke up on, trying to comprehend my situation.

   I don't know how much time has passed by the time I calm down. After the brief rest panicking gave me I try to get back up again. My stomach feels like it's eating itself... I'm so parched my throat feels like I've been swallowing knives. 'What's going on?!... Why do I feel like this?!' My vision is starting to get hazy. I feel my body moving towards the corpse on its own. I'm in so much agony I can't focus. The next thing I know my teeth are buried in the neck of the woman, her stale blood trickling down my throat and lightly soothing the pain.

    'It's not enough... need more...' I stumble out of the room, there are more doors just like the one I came out of. Now that I'm listening, I can hear moaning coming through the walls. 'A brothel?' The haze takes over again, moving my body through the hallway, trying the doors as I go down. Eventually I find one that's open and enter. I notice a figure in the bed and immediately move towards it, yanking the covers off and sinking my fangs into the body.

    I drain the precious life juice from my victim with very little resistance. 'Oh... she's dead to.' It's older than the last one but it still eased the pain the pain. The sound of labored breathing reaches my ears. I look over to the corner of the room. There sat a scrawny, pale kid with black hair. He looked slightly older than me. Before I knew what I was doing my body lunged towards him...

    ...and stopped as a large man in some kind of hat and a long tan coat stepped through the door. Switching targets I lunged at him. The man side stepped my lunge and put my in a headlock, limiting my air supply. I hissed and sank my fangs into his arm, beginning the feast my body craved. The man tightened his grip as I drank. "I'll give you one chance to calm down before I snap your little neck right here." The man warned in a gruff voice.

    My thirst sated for now I complied. Raising my hands to where he could see them in a surrendering gesture. The man threw me onto the ground where I laid, trying to make sense of what I did and why I did it. "Stay there and don't move." The man commanded. I listened. He then walked up to the woman on the bed and looked at her.

    I sat there having a mental breakdown over what I just did, and the fact I didn't feel repulsed at all. I feel around inside my mouth checking my teeth and felt my protruding canines. 'Yep, those are fangs... Wait a minute. Pale skin, thirst for blood, fangs... am I a vampire!?' While I'm freaking out I overhear an exchange between the man and the kid.

    "Gotta name?" The man asks the boy. "Levi... Just Levi."

    'Huh?... What!? It can't be.' I freak out a bit, missing some things. The man is now sitting against the wall.

    "I'm Kenny... Just Kenny." He says. "I used to know Kuchel. Nice to meetcha."

    'The hell?! I'm in Attack on Titan!? How many puppies did I kick and who did I murder to be sent here!?'

    "Hey brat, who are you?" The man, Kenny, asks. "I'm..." 'shit. I don't know. I can't even remember my old name, which I'm not going to think about right now. I have to think of something fast.'

    "I'm Victoria." 'I just said the first thing that popped into my head.' He just nodded and asked, "You know her?" I just nodded no, my mind to panicked to think up a response. As I sat on the floor I watched as Kenny and Levi left the room. There could have been more talking, but I was too out of it to notice. 'I can't believe it, I'm in AoT... as a vampire. God that sounds like some sort of fanfiction... I hope I actually get bigger because I don't think I can live with a body this weak and tiny.'

   I begin to follow Kenny and Levi, not too closely, but close enough to not lose them. I just don't know what else to do. As I follow them to what looks like an inn or something they stop at the door and Kenny looks right at me. 'Geuss my stealth skills need work.' 

    "You coming in or what?" Asks Kenny. Taking that as an invitation I follow him and Levi into the place. (bar? What is that?) We sit at a table, me keeping a respectful distance from both Kenny and Levi for obvious reasons. Kenny orders some bread and water for us both and alcohol for him. Levi digs into the food hungrily, while I take slower bites as Kenny watches us, taking a sip of his drink. 'Why does everything smell horrible?' I ponder to myself, 'Maybe it's because my senses are inhanced now? Or is it because it just smells bad? Probably both.' 

    "I'm sorry about your arm." I direct towards Kenny. "It's fine." He answers shortly. The table grows quiet once again. I notice everyone staring at us.

    Well... guess I'm going to have to think of a way to survive in this fucked up world. But, I'll leave tomorrow's problems to tomorrow's me.

    [A/N- well... that's the first chapter done. To be honest this is a lot more difficult than I thought. That's probably partly me doing this on my phone but still. This has given me a new respect for fanfic writers. Anyway I hope you enjoyed the story, it might continue, it might not. Guess if I feel like continuing or if people like it.]

19