Ch8
224 0 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Okay, so I have something to say. My semester exam has begun, so the update will be a bit random for this and next week.
That's all I want to say

.

Mike asked, and they both replied with a yes, and then all got to work. After that, they talked for a bit before all of them went offline to gather the supplies as quickly as possible.

'Now I just have to go and meet her,' Mike thought while entering his shower.

.

Knock Knock Knock

'Hn, how could it be?' Master Lee thought after hearing a knock on the main door.

They don't usually get unannounced guests, as the whole sanctum was covered in an illusion, so normal humans will ignore it.

"Who are you?" A person in monk-like clothes asked after opening the door.

In front of him is a tall teenager with messy brown hair, and on his sharp-looking face, there is a slightly amused look as he looks at him.

"I think Ancient One is expecting me," the boy said in an amused tone, like all this was just some fun for him.

"And I don't think so," Master Lee replied with a hardened look as he started to gather dimension energy to be ready for a fight.

"But I think so. If not, why don't you ask her?" Mike said in a calm tone.

But Master Lee didn't bulge from his place as he was almost ready to trap him in the mirror dimension before going to he go and talk with the Sorcerer Supreme regarding this.

"And don't worry, I will stay out of your sanctum if you wish while you go and talk with her," Mike said while taking a step back from the door.

He came here for a reason, and it wouldn't do him any favor if he got attacked by the first sorcerer he met just because of some misunderstanding.

"That wouldn't be necessary, Mr. Godson," a voice said as a blad lady in a monk robe slowly walked towards him.

"I will take it from here, Master Lee."

"Sorcerer Supreme!" Master Lee greeted as he stepped aside from the door.

The Ancient One nodded toward him before gesturing for Mike to follow her.

"See, I told you she was expecting me," Mike said with a shrug as he entered the sanctum under her lead.

"Now, now, Mr. Godson, I appreciate it if you don't try to rile Master Lee and follow me."

With a wave of her hand, an orange portal appeared, and she calmly entered.

.

"Well, tea is not for me, but this is one of the best drinks I had in my life," Mike said in a joyful tone as he put the empty teacup down on the table.

"Thank you, I grew them myself," the Ancient one said with a smile.

"But now, why did you tell me why you decided to come and see me, Mr. Godson?" Ancient one said as she calmly took a sip of her tea.

"I thought all-knowing was your gig," Mike said in slight surprise.

"No mortal is all-knowing, Mr. Godson. No matter how likely it seems with some," the Ancient one calmly replied.

"But it doesn't mean you don't know about it? You must have seen something with the time stone, right?"

"Then I am sorry to disappoint you, but I can't see your future, Mr. Godson, not even with time stone," the Ancient one replied with a soft smile like it didn't bother her at all. In fact, it was like she was almost looking forward to an unknown future.

"Now, I think we talked enough about me and my inability to see your future in any manner. Why don't you tell me why you are here?"

"For a deal, of course," Mike instantly replied.

"And why should I make a deal with you, Mr. Godson?" Ancient one asked lightly with a half-smile on her face.

"Maybe because it would be profitable for you," Mike replied with a shrug.

While he doesn't know what she wants, he can still think of at least two things he can trade with her.

"And what could you possibly trade with me?" Ancient one asked peculiarly.

"How about a chance to get out of this system?" Mike said, taking out big guns right in the beginning to end it quickly.

After all, no one sane could possibly let go of a chance like this, right?

"I am sorry, I quite don't understand what that's supposed to mean?" Ancient one said with a slightly confused expression.

"It means what it is supposed to mean, out of the system, means you will no longer be bounded by fate, will able to travel to different places you have never been to, and most importantly, you can get rid of Dormammu's influence on you."

After saying all this, Mike simply picked up the now-filled cup and drank a mouthful of delicious tea.

Well, it can't be helped, as it looks like Mike is completely hooked on this tea.

'Best fucking tea ever!'

Seeing this, the Ancient one amusingly replied, "And you want in exchange? I hope not my tea garden."

Cough Cough

"You should drink it slowly. The tea is not running away."

"Anyways, what's your answer?" Mike asked while calmly clearing his mouth with a tissue.

Ancient one looked at him with a stern look in her eyes before replying, "As much as I am tempted to say yes, I have to decline..."

'Wait, what?'

"... But if you want, I am happy to provide the help you need, Mr. Godson."

"In exchange for a future favor, right?"

"Oh, no. While I'm sure your favor will be priceless in the future, that's not what I want from you."

Mike, with a pale face, immediately slides backward from the table. "I don't think I want to do that, just a shitty weapon."

The Ancient one raised an eyebrow at his behavior, "I don't like where your mind is going, Mr. Godson."

"I just want you to promise that you will help in defending the earth from outside threats."

"Oh, that sure I can do that as long as I live here, but you don't expect me to defend it till the end of the time, right?" Mike asked while pointing out that in the future, he might move out of the planet since it would be pretty stupid not to explore the vast universe when he has the power to protect himself.

"No, I just want you to defend it against more significant threats, and I promise you that Kamar-taj will be willing to help you this time and in the future as well." Ancient one replied like she was expecting this kind of question.

"Okay, then, can I get a weapon that can harm or kill low-immortal beings? You like those who really rely on their healing factor to stay alive, like Wolverine?"

An understanding look appeared on her face for a second before returning to the calm look she always has. "You mean you need a weapon that can directly attack the souls of people or something that stops their healing factor, right?"

"Yeah, precisely that."

"Then you are in luck, Mr. Godson," She said as a portal appeared right beside her, taking to what looked like an armory.

As Mike entered the armory under her guidance, his eyes darted to the blue spear sword in the middle of the armory with a dozen other almost fantasy-looking weapons.

"Something caught your eyes, Mr. Godson?"

"Yeah, that spear with a blue handle and a sword-like tip on the top," Mike said while pointing toward it. While he wanted to touch the spear, he was really not stupid enough to do so when there was definitely magic defense around them.

"Ah, that sword staff, not the best, but certainly a good choice for you, especially when you are a beginner at using weapons." Ancient one said while picking it for the stand.

"Okay, but it those have any of those properties?"

"All weapons here have some type of soul-damaging or healing-stopping properties, so you don't have to worry about it," the Ancient one said before passing the spear sword to him.

"This sword staff is called the Windpiercer by its creator, and now you are its new owner."

.

(Word Count: 1386)

.

Wants to read ahead?
Sure go ahead; who am I to stop you. But just remember, they all will be here later.

Still, want to read more chapters? Then consider subscribing to pa treon. You can read ahead for as little as 1$, and it means a lot to me!

My pa treon: https://www.Pat  Reon.com/Hit30

Just remember to remove the space from between, okay.

10