Ch11
167 0 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sometime later/ or at the same time (idk)

In a flash of light, five new individuals were standing on plain grassland.

"Wow," escaped Mick's mouth as he saw the beautiful nature scene.

.

"Are you alright?" Zatanna asked while shaking his shoulder.

"Oh!" Mike snaps out of his daze and looks at her in confusion.

'Whoa, even now, his face looks perfect,' Zatanna thought as their leader snapped out of his ill-placed daydreaming.

Now, it is an established fact in the group that each of them is weird in some way or another. Still, Michael Godson, their manager, is the most peculiar of them all.

"You were standing there like a statue for a few minutes now," Zatanna said as other members also came near him.

"Yeah, my bad sometimes I just get lost in thoughts," Mike said with a half smile.

'Especially when I am trying to digest my previous life memories.'

"It looks like you all are done introducing yourself to each other, right?"

Ino smiled sheepishly while replying, "Yeah, sorry about not waiting for you. We just thought..."

Mike shook his head, "No, it's alright; I already know who is who, Ino. I am sure I don't need to introduce myself to everyone, right?"

"How did you know... Right, you must have already seen our photos, right?"

"Yeah, but I must say the 2d version didn't do you any justice, Ino. You rock the whole stunning rose with poisonous thorns thing quite well," Mike replied with a flirty smile.

"Oh, stop, you are making me blush," Ino replied in a friendly tone, but inside her mind, a different war was going on.

'No, bad Ino, you can't get attracted to him. You have Sasuke-kun. You can't get tempted by any hot guy that flirts with you no matter how handsome and perfect he looks.'

Thankfully her train of thought was broken when Gray opened his mouth to address an important issue.

"If you are done flirting with her, then can we start moving now?" Gray said in an impatient tone.

"Yeah, Gray, nice to meet you too," Mick said before moving past him toward Zoro.

Zatanna also stepped forward, "Indeed, we should not waste time anymore. The influence has already reached 7%."

Mick simply shrugs while greeting Zoro before taking out his new truck (Ford Raptor), "Then get inside so we can start moving."

"Did you have enough fuel?" Zatanna asked as she opened the shotgun seat door.

"Don't know, but what will be your use if you can even fill the tank with your magic mumbo-jumbo."

"It doesn't work like that, asshole," Zatanna shouted. There are a few things she cannot tolerate, and insulting her magic is at the top of them.

"So you are telling me that magic that can be used to travel different dimensions, destroy planets, and alter reality is not able to create fuel?" Mick asked in a sarcastic tone.

Which causes Zatanna to quiet down and be sullen in silence.

"So, can you at least set up an illusion so everyone else only sees a horsecart instead of this?"

"Fine," Zatanna replied halfheartedly before using her magic to cover the truck in illusion.

Meanwhile, the other members also entered the car, with Ino taking the back seat. At the same time, Zoro sat in the open back of the vehicle. As for Gray...

"And why, in the god's name, are you sitting in the driving seat, Gray?" Mike asked. "You don't even know how to drive it."

"Don't worry, I have experience in driving cars," Gray replied in a confident tone.

"Are you sure?" Mick asked again, this time in a soft tone.

"Yeah, just sit in the back."

'Well, I tried,' Mick thought as he sat on the truck's open back with Zoro.

Zoro looks at him briefly before saying, "It would be a hell of a ride, right?"

"Most likely."

Hearing it, Zoro simply closed his eyes while slowly drinking the sake from his bottle.

Seeing this, Mick also took out a chilled beer bottle and a bowl of freshly fried chicken wings for his inventory.

"Want some?" Mike asked while moving the bowl near him.

"Thanks," Zoro said as he took a wing.

And just like that, a few minutes have passed as both Zoro and Mike continue to much on wings while drinking their respective drinks slowly.

"He really doesn't even know how to start this thing?" Zoro said before taking another sip of his sake.

"Seems like it."

"So, you are not going to go and drive it?"

"I will, but let me finish my drink in peace."

'I need it for all the craziness in my life.'

"Mhh, fair enough," Zoro said before going to his drink.

.

"Mike, who sold you this garbage car?" Gray shouted as he exited the car.

"Why are you bitching like that?" Mike calmly asks while opening a can of beer.

Zatanna also got out of the car and said, "Your truck is not starting no matter what we do."

"Did you turn on the fuel?" Mike calmly asks before taking a big gulp of beer from his cane.

"???"

Taking a deep breath Mike got up from his position and sat on the driver's seat with a beer can still in his hand.

With a clicking of a few buttons, the engine started with a roar, and Mike said, "Get in the car, and Zee cast the illusion again."

"We are not stopping until we find some civilization."

.

"So, why didn't we travel with your spaceship?" Ino asked as the truck raced through the uneven ground with ease.

Mike smiled awkwardly. "We have to wait at least a day or two more before I can summon it here."

"If you don't have enough points, then say so. No need to make excuses," Zatanna said with a half smile that was shared with Ino.

Mike sighed, "If you want a spaceship, then I can get one right now, but ask yourself if you want a public passenger or a badass stealth spaceship with enough firepower to fight a Tier 6 being."

Zatanna opened her to reply, but Mike cut her off. "Or don't, because I know what I will choose."

Tremoring

The Truck started to tremble as it traveled to the bumpy side of the field.

Zoro knocks hard on the side of the truck from behind to get Mike's attention. "Eyes on the road, asshole. You can impress her later."

"Shut up. I'm driving just fine," Mike shouted back as the truck picked up the pace.

.

"There is a village ahead. Slow down," Zatanna said as she saw with her binoculars.

'Finally.'

Was the collective thought in everyone's mind as they were driving non-stop for two hours now without coming across any town, village, or even an inn?

"How far?" Mike asked as he had the initial speed.

"Around 5 km."

Mike nodded, "Good, then change the illusion to use walking when we a kilometer or two is left, okay?"

Zatanna simply nods before going back to the book in her hand.

'So similar yet so different,' she thought fascinatingly.

'The Basic of Magic' was the title of it, a book from a different reality, given to her(everyone) as a first-time meeting gift from Mike.

Which would get him on her good grace if he wasn't an asshole sometimes and hadn't made fun of her magic.

'...Maybe I will forgive him if he keeps providing these kinds of books,' Zatanna thought righteously.

.

(Word Count: 1291)

.

*** A Big Thanks You To Icy Hot for becoming a Patron***

*** A Big Thanks You To AltairMaster for becoming a Patron***

.

If you like my story and want to read up to 10 chapters ahead, then check out my pa treon: https://www.Pat  Reon.com/Hit30

.

If you want you could also join my discord server: https://Dis Cord.gg/XFYKYnvcqr

(Without space)

.

12