Episode 12 (Part 1)
6 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“What the- who is this?” A female voice asked.

“I don’t know.” A male voice replied.

“Whoever she is, she came out of nowhere...”

“... and she’s also pretty.”

“Really? Hey, do you know if she’s even alive?”

“Maybe? Why are you asking me?”

“Oh, she's waking up.”

“Already? Oh, man, I’m nervous. What should I say?”

“Calm down, you.”

The young female opened her eyes and looked around the area. As she rubbed her eyes, the girl looked up as two floating ball-like creatures appeared before her eyes. One was green with brown eyes, and the other was pink with red eyes and wore a matching bow.

The one with the red bow greeted the girl. “Welcome traveler—”

“Calm down, you.” The green one interrupted.

The pink ball glared back at the other, who looked confused about why.

“Where am I? And what are you guys supposed to be?” The girl asked them.

“We could say the same about you.” The pink one replied. “But since you asked us first, I’ll let you in on the—”

“Oh, ho!” A boisterous voice interrupted the pink one. The floating creatures turned as a figure exited from one of the purple domes.

“Clause? What are you doing out? You haven’t recovered yet.” The green one stated.

“But I’m feeling better,” Clause replied, “And besides, I can’t just ignore that noise from outside.”

“Well, that is true.”

“So what was that noise I just heard—?” The man started, but he gasped when he walked over to where they were. “Oh, Bridget!”

“You know her?” The pink one asked.

“Why, yes, she’s at my school.”

“Oh...”

“What’s the matter? Can you not stand up?” Clause asked, extending his hand out. “You’ll catch a cold if you stay on the floor like that.”

“Yes, I’m aware, thanks.” Bridget picked herself up and brushed herself off. “I’m just shocked and speechless about this situation; that’s all.”

“I see; it is hard to stomach at first.”

“So, do you know what those things are?”

“What you’re looking at are creatures called Pilkon.” Clause explained, “They may be small, but they’re a pair of intelligent, dependable, and unique species.”

“My name is Akapin, a pleasure to see you.” The one with the bow introduced herself.

“And I’m Midoricha; pleased to meet you,” The green one greeted.

“So what brings you here, Bridget?”

“Me?” Bridget questioned. “I’m not sure myself...”

“Really?” Akapin asked.

“All I remember before passing out was getting into a fight with Troy...” Her voice faded, and she realized.

“Oh no, Troy...” Clause muttered in realization.

“Uh, you all right?”

“Come with us; we should discuss this inside. I’ll tell you everything I know and more!”

.-.-.-.

Bridget, Clause, and the two Pilkon set off to their place. Their Pilkon village comprised small and large colorful domes, with bridges connected to each dome, some lifts operated like a cable car, and a spiral staircase with signs plastered in front of them.

Bridget and the others kept walking until they reached a purple dome with a dark blue door. Once they entered the place, they sat on the multi-colored changing carpet.

“Please, make yourself at home,” Midoricha said politely.

“Uh, you know this isn’t your home, right?” Akapin stated.

The two Pilkons made their guests Cinnamon Enigma and Gooseberry snacks. Bridget took a sip from the drink and asked Clause how he ended up here.

The older man explained what happened beforehand, including when he came to, he ended up on a desolate planet called Cleon B, which collided with an unknown object. The aliens looked over to Clause and displayed to him a big, blue bowl with little gray puffballs inside. A portal appeared, and Akapin and Midoricha came out of it. The two asked the aliens if they had the trading goods, and the aliens presented them with the bowl and Clause.

The Pilkons hesitated at first as they weren’t sure what to do with him, but when the two noticed his badly hurt body, they took him back to their home planet to treat his wounds and fix his broken helmet.

“Wait, your helmet broke?” Bridget asked.

“Why, yes, I don’t seem to remember why or how, though...” Clause replied. “Maybe it was after that fight with Troy, and he whisked me away to this place? I didn’t even know it happened until the Pilkons told me. No wonder I was feeling sick on that alien planet.”

“Now that I think about it, Troy used some strange magic during my fight with him. It wasn’t anything I’d seen before. And he mentioned something about a book that was locked away...?”

“Oh no, could it be he has the spell book which allows him to use dark magic?”

“Dark magic? What’s that?”

“Something terrible if we don’t hurry back to Streterra and put a stop to the boy...”

“Isn’t there a way to get back there from here?” Bridget asked the Pilkons. “That is possible, right?”

“Well, it is,” Akapin mentioned. “It’s called dimension-hopping.”

“We’ve done that ourselves beforehand,” Midoricha added, “But we shouldn’t do that.”

“Uh-huh."

“But everyone in my world is in danger, and I have to help them out. Please help us!” Bridget pleaded.

Clause sighed. “I already asked them beforehand, but they both said it’s dangerous, and they don’t want to risk getting into trouble.”

“Trouble? With whom?”

Just then, the door to the dome slammed open, and a gray Pilkon with orange eyes floated to where they were, along with some larger Pilkon, who formed a straight line across the door, blocking the way out.

“A-ha, there you are!” The gray Pilkon proclaimed.

“Gurenji, what are you doing here?” Akapin questioned.

“Well, I heard you were doing some illegal things,” Gurenji replied with a superior tone.

“You mean without the Queen’s permission?” Akapin corrected him.

“Exactly! And look what we have here...” The gray Pilkon leaned over to inspect Bridget and Clause. “Not only were you two dimension-hopping, but you also brought unwanted people!”

“Yeah, and? So what?”

“You, of all Pilkon, should know why it's not a good idea! Are you following the footsteps of your brother now?”

“Y-you leave Aoguro out of this!”

“I believe it’s time we pay Murasakiiro a little visit.” Gurenji turned to the other larger Pilkon. “Take them away, guards!”

As the other Pilkon swarmed them, Bridget blocked their way, standing between the guards and her newfound friends.

“Leave them alone!” Bridget demanded.

“Bridget, what are you doing?” Akapin whispered.

“I don’t know, but I can’t just—”

“Actually,” Gurenji interrupted, “Why don’t your new friends come with us too? After all, the more, the merrier.”

.-.-.-.

Gurenji moved the ‘Do not pass’ sign from the front of the gate and ordered the strangers to move onto the bridge that spiraled upwards. As everyone walked along the path, the sights down below became smaller and smaller with every passing minute.

The Pilkons had no problem keeping their brisk pace. However, Bridget and Clause grew tired and nauseous from the long and fast walk, feeling like they were just about to pass out.

“Can we take a break?” Clause asked.

“Be quiet.” Gurenji retorted.

“Yeah, I’m feeling a little sleepy,” Midoricha stated.

“From doing what? You don’t even have any legs!”

“How do you even know what legs are?” Bridget asked.

“No more questions!” Gurenji shouted. “Less talking, more walking.”

“Do you know how much longer this path is?”

“Don’t worry; it shouldn’t be too long now, miss.” One guard told her.

“Man, it’s a long way down.”

Clause looked down and panicked. “Why did you say something, Bridget?”

“Hey, get a move on!” Gurenji commanded.

“Hey, can I ask you something, gray ball?” Bridget turned to ask.

“No.” Gurenji bluntly stated.

“Aw, but why not?” Bridget whined.

“Stop talking.”

“But I want to know more about this culture.”

“Oh?”

“Yeah, like, what’s so great about this ‘Kii’ lady?”

The Pilkons gasped in shock at the question.

“Wha- how dare you speak of her like that!?” Gurenji shouted. “Oh, that does it. When we get there, you are so going to get it!”

Gurenji and Bridget glared at each other. Sparks flew between their eyes. Bridget finally understood what Benjamin and Sebastian felt every time they had a bickering contest.

Clause asked, “Uh, get where exact—?”

“I said, no more questions!” Gurenji screamed.

“Hey, Gurenji.” One of the guard Pilkons piped in.

“What. Now?”

“We have reached our destination.”

“Oh, good.”

They stopped in front of their destination, a large castle. It had light blue windows, a silver plaque on the front, a purple roof, and some magenta doors.

“This is Perlington Castle.” A guard spoke up.

“Whoa, I don’t want to believe it, but I can see it right in front of me!” Bridget exclaimed in awe.

“Me neither.” Clause added. “But why couldn’t we have gotten a lift to get here?”

“The path we took is the only way to get here.” Another different guard explained.

“You guys are in big trouble now.” Gurenji warned, “Especially you!” He said as he turned to Bridget. She and Clause rolled their eyes in disgust as the Pilkons pushed them closer to the front gates. “Come now; let’s hurry. We don’t want to keep her waiting!”

0