Epilogue (Season 1 Finale)
1 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

No one was sure what happened with Troy. Where he went off, or if he’d ever return, seeking new vengeance or not. Hopefully, the school's people can rebuild their lives in peace.

Benjamin himself couldn’t believe what had happened in the school's first semester. Without his knowledge, it appeared the person who antagonized him (besides Sebastian) was stuck with him, not as an enemy, but as a partner.

The Headmistress permitted the students to use the ABC doors again, allowing Isabelle and Nicholas to return to their human world before the place got blocked off for good. She’d let them know there’d be another way of transportation back to the monster world in record time.

After saying their goodbyes to everyone, Benjamin, Isabelle, Harry, Chi-Chi, and Nicholas returned to the portal to enter the human realm again.

Clause and Glenda got back on good terms with the Principal and Horace as they worked on getting the school back in proper order, good as new.

Sebastian trained back at home, before going to the Headmistress later, asking if it was all right to go to the human world. When she said yes, Sebastian used the portal and went back to the human world to visit friends and study the world more closely.

Bridget stayed back at her home to continue practicing her magic, with Midoricha supporting her.

Akapin and Aoguro returned to the Pilkon Kingdom to apologize to the Queen and Princess; they quickly forgave Aoguro and welcomed him back.

Lauren had to clean up Streterra and assist the supervisors in helping the students to make up for her misdeeds.

As for Benjamin and the others, they walked down a sidewalk in silence as they headed back to Nicholas and Isabelle’s houses, respectively, before making their way to their base of operations. After dropping Nicholas off, the group continued silently along their paths, watching the sunset behind them.

“So, Benny?” Isabelle broke the silence.

“Yeah, Isabelle?” Benjamin asked.

“Why did you save not only your world but also mine?” Isabelle asked.

“Why do you ask?” Benjamin answered with another question.

“Well, I didn’t think you were telling the truth. What was that all about?”

“Yeah, well, I meant what I said back there. I’m the prophesied dark magician, and I’m the one who will take over not just this puny world of yours, but also all worlds! I won't let anyone else take what’s mine, because if anyone will rule Earth, it’ll be me!” He lifted his wand in the air triumphantly, striking another strange pose.

“Sure, keep telling yourself that.” She muttered, rolling her eyes.

“Say what? Are you saying you still don’t believe me?”

“Maybe, maybe not.”

Benjamin stopped walking for a moment and turned to Isabelle. His expression grew serious, much to her surprise.

“Look, this path from here on out won't be easy. Since we’re now partners and all, you’ll be sharing the quest to total domination alongside me, and I’ll take any chances, no matter how dangerous, to achieve my goal and dream. What about you?”

“Yeah, it’ll be an interesting experience. Even though it won’t be easy, let’s make the most of it and get along.” Isabelle said with a smile.

That hopefulness in her eyes left Benjamin a bit confused.

“Wait, you’re not hesitant? Your life will change; once our real assignments start, you might never get your normal life back, or be able to return home for a long while. Now would be the time to step away.”

“Are you kidding? No way, this is an excellent opportunity. I don’t think I’ll ever get another one like this. The experience will be worth it.”

“You mean it? Even though we’re opposites in almost every category imaginable, you’ll work with me. Are you sure—?”

“Yeah. Hey, maybe that could change.” Isabelle replied. She extended her arm out to Benjamin. “So, what do you say, partners?”

Benjamin looked at her hand for a moment with eyes widened. He then returned her smile with an even larger one, before reaching out and shaking her hand.

“Yeah, partners. But, remember, you work for me, ok?” He pointed at himself and reminded her.

“Yeah, I know.” The two separated and stared at one another. “Let’s make this world a better place, ok?” She chirped excitedly.

The sound of a record scratched inside Benjamin’s head.

Wait, what did she say?

“Um, this could be a problem,” Harry whispered.

“I don’t know; I think they can handle it just fine,” Chi-Chi replied.

Benjamin could only sigh. What a long journey this will be, but I'll still do my best! I’m always up for a challenge, even if it’s stuff like this.

“Yeah, same here!” Isabelle chimed in.

“What— wait, are you secretly an Esper or something? How’d you know what I was thinking?”

“Well, you were thinking out loud.”

Harry and Chi-Chi giggled, while Benjamin groaned in disbelief, but still kept his optimism in check.

“All right, let’s do this!”

0