My Movie Queen: Chapter 65
397 2 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When Yanna woke up, it was already 10 in the morning. She sits up with messy hair and looks around the room. Trying to piece together the events of the previous night, she frowned as she realized she couldn't recall anything. Feeling a sense of frustration and confusion, Yanna remained in her position for a moment before finally deciding to lay back down. She pulled the blanket over her head, ready to drift back to sleep. However, just as she was about to close her eyes, a knock on the door interrupted her thoughts.

Startled, Yanna fully woke up this time, realizing that there was someone in her house. Hoping it might be Vanessa, she didn't bother fixing her appearance and quickly made her way to the door. However, as soon as she opened it and saw that it wasn't Vanessa standing there, she instinctively shut the door again.

Melody, who had been standing outside, was taken aback by the sudden opening and closing of the door. She stood there, momentarily speechless, before hearing some movement inside. A smile formed on her face as she realized that Yanna was already awake.

Yanna decided to go downstairs and join Melody at the dining table where breakfast had already been prepared. After eating, she expressed her gratitude. 

"Thank you," Yanna said appreciatively

"It's okay, Vanessa asked me to help you last night. By the way, look at this," Melody says, handing Yanna a manuscript.

"A manuscript?" Yanna takes the book from Melody and reads it carefully.

"Yeah," Melody stays quiet and observes Yanna. 

Last night, after the welcome party, Melody decided to talk to her friend over the phone, whom she had unknowingly pushed away and only realized when Yanna spoke to her earlier. She unconsciously pushes away the people around her because of Oliver, which scares her just thinking about it. She doesn't know how she became brainless before, so she became hostile to Oliver. Thankfully, everything is okay now thanks to Yanna's help.

Melody's friend, who was busy all day long, is happy for Melody because she believes that Melody is capable and doesn't need to rely on Alpha. They talk about many things until it comes to Yanna. Melody's friends are shocked at first, knowing that Melody became a manager and will work with Yanna, but they soon become excited. Melody's friend is actually a screenwriter, so upon learning that Yanna will step back into entertainment, she readily gives Melody a manuscript that she's been working on.

"This is a good manuscript. Where did you get it?" Yanna asks, not expecting Melody to come across such a good manuscript so soon, in just one day.

"It's from a friend of mine. She's a screenwriter, and they released this manuscript yesterday. I talked to her and mentioned you, and she became excited. I think she might be a fan of yours, or else she wouldn't carelessly give us a manuscript for you to audition," Melody explains.

"What's your friend's name?" Yanna becomes curious, as someone with a bad reputation and a gloomy personality before, such a person wouldn't usually have an enthusiastic screenwriter fan unless there's a conspiracy behind the scenes.

"Her name is Alice," Melody proudly says.

"Alice? The famous screenwriter who joined the Survival Show before?" Yanna asks in disbelief not sure if it's the same person

"Yes."

"Wow, what a small world," Yanna leans back in her seat with a smile. She didn't expect Alice to be connected to Melody.

Yanna chuckles just thinking about it ' Now it makes sense. I didn't expect Alice to give me an opportunity '

"I'm going to audition for this," Yanna decides not to let Alice down as a friend who supports her. Of course, she will prove herself.

"Good. We'll go after lunch. You read and study the manuscript first. Although Alice is my friend, you still need to work hard because she won't open a back door just because of money or connections," Melody advises.

"Of course, that's natural," Yanna says with a confident smile.

Yanna read the script earnestly, studying the characters with great focus. After finishing, she took a deep breath and glanced at the clock. Setting down the book, she dialed Vanessa's number and made a call.

"Are you busy?" Yanna asked Vanessa carefully.

"No, how are you? Did you have a hangover?" Vanessa asked, concern evident in her voice.

"I'm fine. I'll be going out later to audition. Will you come tonight?"

"I might not be able to make it. My schedule is quite full. But I believe you can get the role you want," Vanessa assured her.

"Yes, for my wife, I will work hard!" Yanna replied in a coquettish tone.

Vanessa blushed, impressed by Yanna's acting skills. "Who is your wife? Hmph..."

"Honey, I miss you~" Yanna said with a wider smile, expressing her love for Vanessa over the phone.

"I miss you too," Vanessa responded, feeling a tinge of sadness and longing, wishing she could spend more time with Yanna.

Sensing Vanessa's mood, Yanna pondered for a few seconds before an idea struck her. Their relationship was still in its early stages, so being clingy and wanting to be together was natural. However, Yanna didn't want Vanessa to always be the one making the effort and going the extra mile.

"Send me your schedule. After the audition, I'll come to you," Yanna suggested.

Vanessa hesitated but also felt happy at the thought of Yanna making the effort. "..but will it be alright?"

"Honey, trust me. I can come to you with my disguise. Just let the people there know that your new assistant is coming so they won't throw me out when I get there," Yanna playfully reassured Vanessa, trying to lighten her mood.

"First, you were my escort, and now you'll be my assistant. What's next?" Vanessa laughed, enjoying the different roles Yanna played whenever they were together outside, which always brought excitement and joy.

" Your wife~," Yanna confidently said in sexy tone

10