My Movie Queen: Chapter 72
106 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yanna smiled secretly when Vanessa gently held her hand. She tightly held Vanessa's hand back and thought about something. After finishing her breakfast, she patiently waited for Vanessa. Even though she didn't say anything to Vanessa, they had a tacit understanding. Vanessa finished not long after Yanna. After Vanessa finished her tea, "Cassy" took the opportunity to tell Vanessa about her phone.

 "Ms. Vanessa, I forgot my phone in your room," Cassy said.

 Eunice looked at "Cassy", then at Vanessa.

 "I'll just get it for you," Eunice said, not wanting to disturb Vanessa with trivial matters. 

Vanessa understood Cassy's intention and quickly followed suit. She stopped Eunice, asked her to continue her meal instead, and asked "Cassy" to follow her. When they entered the room, Yanna locked the door again and hugged Vanessa.

 "Can you stay with me the whole day?" Vanessa asked coquettishly. She buried her face in Yanna's neck and smelled the scent of wine. 

"I would love to, but I have to go later and might not be able to accompany you often," Yanna carefully explained, feeling helpless. 

Although she wanted to be with Vanessa, now wasn't the right time. Vanessa understood, but she still asked because they hadn't had much alone time together since the banquet.

 "I understand," Vanessa said with a slight smile.

 Yanna could see the reluctance in Vanessa's smile. She smiled and kissed Vanessa's head, holding Vanessa's face with both hands.

 "Don't worry, we have a lot of time in the future. And remember, I'm doing this for us. I don't actually care what other people think about me, but I don't want the people around you, especially your fans, to think bad about you because of me. Honey, it won't take long, I promise~," Yanna said with affection.

Vanessa could see the doting in Yanna's eyes, and she could feel her sincerity and her importance to Yanna. If it weren't for her, would Yanna really go back to entertainment? The answer is no. Vanessa can see how stable and satisfied Yanna is with her life and status. Even if some people don't like her, it won't really matter to Yanna. But because of her, Yanna started to break away from her comfort zone. Because of her, Yanna is willing to think more about their future and work hard for it.

Vanessa smiled. She wasn't an unreasonable person, especially when it comes to their future. She wouldn't be so selfish as to tie Yanna to her side all day long. 

"I know, I believe you, but I can't guarantee that our relationship won't be discovered," she said.

Yanna fell silent and observed Vanessa. She didn't want to be misunderstood by Vanessa for keeping their relationship a secret. Although she knew Vanessa understood her concern, she also knew that Vanessa didn't want to keep it a secret. 

'It seems that I may need to change my plan. Being low-key and slowly gaining fame won't do anymore. My girlfriend loves me too much and doesn't like to hide. How cute,' Yanna thought.

"If it's discovered, then so be it," Yanna said with a smile, thinking that as long as Vanessa is happy, she won't mind the storm.

Vanessa looked carefully at Yanna and realized she wasn't talking nonsense. "Alright, just do what you should, honey," she agreed.

"Good, it won't take long," Yanna reassured her.

Vanessa nodded and hugged Yanna tighter, feeling her warmth in that moment. She really wanted Yanna right now, but she knew she had to wait.

Yanna closed her eyes with a smile and determined her next step and greedily sniff the scent of Vanessa's pheromones. She would have to talk to Melody later. "Cassy" and Vanessa didn't take long and came out of the room. Eunice had prepared everything, and Vanessa's manager called, reminding her of her schedule for the day.

"Cassy" and Eunice followed Vanessa to the set. Yanna carefully observed her surroundings and noticed that there wasn't much difference from Earth, aside from the small flying cameras instead of a cameraman to shoot the scenes.

 Before lunch, "Cassy" bid farewell to Vanessa and Eunice. Yanna went to a nearby bus station and made a call to Melody. However, after several attempts, no one answered. Yanna remembered that Melody was supposed to celebrate at home, so she told Fiona about it. She just didn't know if Fiona had arrived.

 Yanna tried calling again after a few seconds, and this time someone answered the phone, but it wasn't Melody. Yanna could hear the hoarse voice of the person on the other end, "Fiona?"

"Yes," Fiona replied with a hoarse voice 

"Are you... okay?" asked Yanna.

"Yes," Fiona responded. 

Yanna didn't know what to say for a moment. She knew Fiona was interested in Melody, and now she heard her voice using Melody's phone. After a few seconds, Yanna decided to act clueless and said what she wanted to say, "Please tell Melody that I will come, thank you."

"Okay," Fiona replied, and then turned off the phone just in time for Melody to come wearing an apron. 

"Who?" Melody asked.

"Yanna. She says she will come," Fiona explained.

"Okay, you should get up and wash. Breakfast is ready," Melody said.

 Fiona squinted her eyes, feeling aggrieved for some reason. She stared at Melody without saying anything. 

Melody blushed. She hadn't expected Fiona to come yesterday, but luckily she had cooked a lot.

 Yesterday they felt awkward at first, but Fiona broke the silence by asking how Melody was doing. Melody told Fiona that she had already paid Oliver and now had a job as Yanna's manager with Yanna's help. Fiona stayed silent. Melody poured her a glass of wine and they drank together. However, after two drinks, Fiona seemed to gain some courage and started acting strange. She sat silently beside Melody, looking aggrieved like a child who had been wronged.

 Melody asked her what the problem was, and Fiona replied by saying that Melody kept rejecting her, saying she didn't like her. Melody didn't understand Fiona's mindset, but she knew what she was talking about, so she remained silent. Though slow, Melody also realized why she had rejected Fiona's help.

 Fiona kept drinking, although the alcohol content wasn't strong, it was enough to give her the courage to talk. This was her chance to have a serious conversation with Melody. She had felt uncomfortable all day because Melody had been with Yanna, and she had even thought that Yanna may have helped Melody that's why Melody rejected her before, when she had asked Vanessa before, but Vanessa had denied helping Melody in any way. An idea came to her, that Yanna was the one who helped Melody, Yanna was a likable person and appeared capable and reliable, which made Fiona sometimes overthink. She asked herself if Melody would like Yanna, and the answer was probably yes. However, the more she thought about it, the more uncomfortable she became. 

She couldn't understand why, so she searched online and found an answer. She fell silent until she received a message from Yanna, saying that she would have dinner with Melody at her apartment. Fiona was petrified. She imagined Yanna and Melody eating alone in an apartment—two single people A and O in a small space, eating and drinking alone. God knows what might happen next. Fiona immediately called Yanna, but there was no answer. She replied to Yanna's message instead. Fiona paced back and forth in her office, continuously looking at the answer on her screen. She tried to calm down, but she just couldn't. She realized that liking someone would make her uneasy, so she searched online once again, and the answer confirmed her suspicions. Although she knew she was interested in Melody, they were both Omegas. She searched online again, but this time Yanna replied and asked her to come because she might not be able to accompany Melody. 

Fiona felt a huge weight lift from her heart and she became happy and generous. She sent money to Yanna simply because she was happy. Yanna was speechless when she received the unexpected red envelope from Fiona, but she didn't send it back. Yanna understood that this was Fiona's way of thanking someone or expressing happiness. Fiona collected herself and went to meet Melody.

7