Chapter 26: Sparring…
88 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Reina, after taking off her helmet, noticed someone at the corner of her eyes. Then her eyes flashed a small surprise before it turned into an almost unnoticeable frown.

"Hmm? You know him?" Her sparring partner, who also took off his head gear said, he had blonde curly hair, and grey eyes, was above average in looks, and was about 1.79m tall.

He turned towards the person at the front gate, saying something to his fellow member who was walking away.

“Just someone I know from the university," Reina said as she turned her attention away.

Hearing this, the blond man smiled and said, “Then he must have quite an impression on you; I noticed how your expression changed a bit when you saw him."

Reina turned around and only said, "Did I? You're free to interpret it however you like."

The blonde man wasn't fazed by this and turned to his fellow student, who had just returned after denying the person at the gate.

“Get him here; I'd like to hear what he has to say."

The youth who had denied Dean was surprised at this but didn't ask any question and said, “Yes, senior."


Dean, who was about to leave after trying to convince the youth, was suddenly surprised to see him turning back and walking to him as he said.

"My senior calls for you..."

The youth then opened the gates, and Dean entered.

“Thanks.” Dean could still see the arrogance in the youth's eyes. But he paid it no heed. His body may have been that of a young man, but his mind was not.

That aside, why did they suddenly let him in?

He wondered as he took off his shoes and entered the dojo with his socks on.

Now that he was inside, he saw that the space was about the same size as a basketball court.

He could see some racks to the sides with either a wooden sword or protective gears on them. The practice mat was placed here and there.

He could see some youths having a sparing session from the side, and some were having basic foundation exercises.

While a few were sitting around with crossed legs.

"So, friend, what can we do for you?"

A blonde haired young man talked to him. Dean turned towards him and answered what he had come for. As for Reina, he ignored her right now.

"I want to enter the dojo."

"Really? Before that though, is that what I think it is in your back?"

As the blonde-haired man said that, he placed his headgear on a rack nearby.

“Yes, it's a longsword I commissioned."

"And what is the purpose of commissioning a sword? Surely it isn't just for show, right?"

Dean honestly answered without any shame. "Oh, it helps in fighting a monster. I'm an aspiring hero, you see."

His words seemed to spark a series of chuckles among the people around him.

The blonde man put up a warm smile. "Really? That is certainly a unique reason."

Then he added, "Listen, here at our Knights Hall, we-," but he got cut off when a tall person with a ponytail and an all-black martial uniform with a sword strap to his waist appeared.

"This hall pursues the top form of swordsmanship, not for showing off, and certainly not something one can just play around with."

The man was older than the rest of the students, and with only glancing at Dean, he turned towards the blond-haired youth and spoke, "Kick him out; this will stain our dojo’s reputation."

Dean was taken aback hearing what he said and thought, ‘Jeez, it seems my reason and... Well, the sword strap on my back is almost equivalent to an insult to them. God, these people have such low tolerance. Besides, what's wrong with being a hero? ' 

He complained, but for the most part, he did somewhat understand why, since he had watched the anime, in fact, Bang and Atomic Samurai and his disciples were the oddballs for joining the hero association. Martial artists have their pride.

Not all masters with incredible abilities join the hero association which is why there are so many hidden masters in this world.

He then sighed without hiding it and spoke, “Alright, alright, sheesh, I'll leave; I just wanted to apply for part-time lessons."

He wasn't going to try and beg his way in; it's not like it was the only dojo in the city. With that said, he immediately turned around to leave.

"Wait, friend, since you're here already, why don't you stay for a bit? Since you're an acquaintance of one of my precious friends, maybe I can teach you the basics... Just the basics." The blond-haired man added the last part with a pause.

"Hm!" Dean heard a harrumph before he heard heavy footsteps walking away.

Dean promptly turned around and said with a smile, “I'll take you up on that offer."

Anyway, he had nothing better to do other than hunt criminals or kill monsters.

"Alright, since we have limited time, I believe the best way to learn is through sparring sessions, and I'll pick out points and mistakes you need to pay attention to and correct."

After the blond-haired man said that, he looked at one of his juniors and said, “Please get our friend here fitted with protective gear."

"Yes senior" 

"Exactly how long is that sword behind you?" The blonde-haired man, who still hadn't said his name, asked.

“I wanted it to be longer, but I was worried it would be convenient when I carried it around," Dean answered as one of the students handed him some protective gear. "Thank you," he said, bowing slightly.

"Can I see it? I need to assess your sword to better guide you."

He then proceeded to take his sword, along with its scabbard, and hand it to him. At the same time, he fiddled around with the protective gear; the student had only given him some light protection gear that protected his arms, his legs, his thighs, and his chest, and it was not a suit entirely. It was also entirely black.

Once I reach 30k word count, I always seemed to be slow down after that and then I move on to another novel. Hope it won't come to that, and I reach 100 chapters, it'll be a milestone achievement for me hahaha.

Anyways, Support me here to keep me motivated and pump out more chapter at: https://ko-fi.com/nolifenoname

Comment for any grammatical errors and misspellings, thank you!

 

5