Chapter 1: Simple Theft
348 1 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yuuki Rito was having a strange day, it wasn't just that in a rare moment of bravery he finally decided to declare his feelings to Haruna Sairenji; the girl he has been in love with for a long time; he was also called to the principal's office, who was acting totally different than usual; anyone who has heard the slightest rumor that runs through the corridors of the about him, would understand his thought; then precisely the director told him that some students have seen Rito harassing female students and he called him to clarify the issue.

"I hope no one buys Saruyama's antics" Rito sighed imagining that they had heard his friend in the hallway with his "jokes"

It would all have remained a bitter curiosity if the principal had not insisted on paying a visit to the boy's house that afternoon.

"He didn't even seem to hear that my parents won't be home." He had simply kicked him out of his office before he could make any excuse to refuse.

"Maybe he just wants to see if your situation at home is okay, I've read that it's common for teachers to make visits like this, although not so soon" Mikan Yuuki, Rito's younger sister, was washing the dishes after having dinner with the principal.

Rito, frankly, would like to believe that, there wasn't much of an explanation for the principal wanting to come to a random (male) student's house.

"...And he behaves surprisingly...decent given his appearance" Not that Mikan is one to judge by the appearance of people, although anyone would say that he did something to her given the girl's face.

"Yes..." The teenager could only sigh in relief when the director met his sister and behaved like any normal adult, he even found it a bit funny how he treats his sister like a little girl; that she was, but Rito seemed to forget it; with how mature she usually is.

Maybe he was being harsh with the school principal, he even gave them some sweets, maybe he was just worried, it's not the first time the teenager has been singled out for something after all.

The man they were arguing about was in the bathroom cleaning his clothes, after he accidentally spilled a game on his pants.

Some strange noises, similar to blows, were heard from the floor above.

"What's happening?" The girl was going up to check

"Maybe he slipped on..." Rito didn't finish his sentence because he was stunned by what he thought he saw outside his window.

"What's wrong with you?"

"I-I saw the director run without pants with a pink-haired girl in a towel on the roofs of the houses followed by some men in black suits" Even saying it out loud he felt stupid.

"I think this is affecting you more than it should" His sister's response doesn't help him feel better.

……………………………………………………………………………………………………

"Like taking candy from a baby" The "principal" enjoyed some sweets after tonight's marathon of emotions that was recreating episode one.

"Without the initiating event he's nothing, just a simple loser, even with my current appearance I can't help but feel disgusted by him." He only became this ugly fat middle-aged man a month ago, he was known as Jame Daller what we might consider a second generation rich young man, he had everything in his previous life, enough inheritance and contacts not to worry about working, a winning appearance also courtesy of his parents, trips or parties from him every week and every woman he wanted to try.

"I should have been more specific and wanted to reincarnate as myself with superpowers"

His perfect life was cut short at the age of 19 when the first-class plane in which he was traveling was the victim of a hijacking and the "criminal genius" ended up crashing the vehicle into a passenger plane and a mountain. In the last moments of his consciousness, he simply wishes to be indestructible to continue enjoying his luxurious life.

"I won't keep breaking mirrors, who knows if that thing of bad luck is also true" His wish came true, he had the misfortune to see it a few days after waking up when he was reoriented, a woman hit him with her car and he came out with just a few bruises that healed quickly, now he was indestructible, or so he hoped given the price he was paying, but he was one of the ugliest human beings he had ever seen, not that he knew many ugly people to begin with.

"In addition, I must donate to charity to compensate for karma and that nonsense just in case, that there are thousands of children surviving hunger than the little trifles that I can do" He thanked heavens that the part of luxury life came included with his wish, Takao Kato, as he is called now, had as much money and contacts as his father, even had his own school, but he seemed almost as lazy as himself, when he succeeded in his enterprise; he still has to figure out how, he didn't think this guy was smart; he began to live off royalties and patents in his name.

"Luckily I did not end up in a series of fights or superhero comics, that would be a lot of effort not to get involved" He had only read the first volume of this world's manga when his bodyguard lent it to him, who really enjoyed those things from Japan, while they made a stopover on a trip... I almost considered introducing him to a date, who would like to see such a fagot, although I had to admit that the designs were good.

"Just a comedy, Lala's father shouldn't be that difficult to handle, if the continuing manga means that even a wimp like Rito was able to prevent some kind of alien invasion... I have to stop talking to myself" He was getting used to always being with someone, like friends, a girl or his bodyguard.

…………………………………………………………………………………………

“You… I have liked you for a long time!” Rito had mustered all of his courage to confess his love to Haruna on the way to school.

"I'm sorry, but I don't know you, I just wanted to ask for directions." That would have destroyed the boy if it wasn't that it wasn't the voice of the girl he liked.

“You… are…” It was the girl he had seen jumping off the roof with the principal, who had left a note yesterday saying that she had a family emergency and would resume the visit another day, only she was wearing a strange outfit.

"Is Sainan school this way?" Lala Deviluke only imagined that this boy was one of her many fans, she was almost a celebrity in the galaxy.

The teenager just nodded processing that he was not hallucinating this situation

"Thank you!" She continued her way…flying.

“…” Haruna Sairenji, who had been watching the entire show, didn't know what to say and the two young men just looked at each other awkwardly until Rito decided to run away.

…………………………………………………………………………………………

The principal of the school, after the "open-hearted talk", said goodbye  while he gives Lala the address of her house and the papers that she must fill out to enter the school.

“It's almost too easy, a few simple "I've never been married I don't know if I'll be good for you” “we should get to know each other better” and “I can't compare to you, you have to be free choosing who you love…” From what she knew about the pink-haired girl, Lala was the typical perfect little princess who wanted to be recognized by herself; not by her title, beauty or her parents; she would latch on to the first hint of “honest and human” contact she found.

“…I just have to face the useless knight to seal the deal; So smart to create those inventions, but without experience in life, if her father didn't have her locked up, she would realize that she couldn't escape those labels; It's funny that the most cautious person is the clothes” Pekke kept warning about approaching him, he didn't seem suspicious for free, but her owner kept ignoring him as usual.

Before he could continue talking to himself, smoke began to rise from the closet in his office.

“I think Haruna got my little present.” He had a smile on his face and made sure the video camera on his desk was still recording and the air conditioning was on full blast.

9