Nightmare and the past
20 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In a room in a traditional Japanese house in Japan, a boy was lying asleep on a futon.

"Uggh... no... stop..."

Words escape from his mouth as he moves on his bed uncomfortably while sweat covers his body.

"No... don't... please... DON'T LEAVE ME ALONE...!!!"

The boy sat upright while shouting with his hand extended like he was trying to reach something or maybe someone.

"Gasp... haaa... gasp... haaa..."

He began gasping for air with his hand planted on the right side of his face as support.

"...so it's just a dream... dammit..." The boy mutters in frustration as tears drip down his face.

'What should I do... mama... papa...'

He thought while looking at a picture depicting a man and a woman holding a boy's hands with a smile on their lips.

The man had brownish-orange color hair in a faded cut with his hair combed backward diagonally and dark brown colored eyes, while the woman had silky black hair tied into a ponytail with thin fringe that reached to her sharp eyebrows and crystal blue eyes.

"Everything is that monster's fault..."

He muttered while clenching his teeth as he recalled the incident on mount ogura four years ago.

Even though four years had passed, he could still remember the event as clearly as day.

_____________________

Tweet~ Tweet~

Woosh~

*rustle*

The sounds of birds chirping, accompanied by the sound of the winds and rustling of leaves, could be heard all over the mountain.

"hmm~... hm~...hmmm~..."

A boy sitting on his father's shoulder as they hiked the mountain began humming with his eyes closed when he heard the sound around the place.

His humming, accompanied by birds chirping, leaves rustling, and the sound of the wind, was like a melody.

The sound is so pleasing to the ears that his parents and even the other mountaineer that heard it couldn't help but enjoy the music of nature.

Everyone at the site enjoys the melodious tune created by the boy and nature, but it soon concludes as the place quiets down.

*Clap* *Clap*

"Wonderful."

"What an amazing child."

"Such a wonderful melody. Amazing."

Claps resounded as they praised the boy for creating such a wonderful melody, which made the young kid confused.

"I envy you two for having such an amazing child..."

"Me too... My child only does play games from morning to evening. I worry for his future."

"Your child still can go pro. I heard that it pays big now."

"That's the problem... My child plays shit that he got beaten by an 11-year-old kid..."

"How old is your child?"

"28."

"..."

The couple also got praise and envy from others, which caused them to feel proud and happy that they got such a talented child.

The mountaineers and the couple converse as they hike the mountain, and after nearly an hour, they finally arrive at their destination, an open space of 300 cubic meters on top of a cliff.

The cliff is 450 feet above sea level, and at the edge, you could see a raging river down below, while at the front, you could see the mountain ranges and the sun that was about to set.

"I'm gonna start setting up the tent."

After saying so, he put down his mountaineering bag and pulled out the tent parts.

"Then, Sora and I will collect some twigs for the campfire later."

"Um, um."

The young woman suggested, which the boy named Sora repeatedly nodded in affirmation.

"Okay, but be careful, Emiko, Sora."

"Okay, darling." "Yes, papa."

While studying the blueprints for setting up the tent, he permits his wife and son, which makes the two beams smile as the two rush to the woods.

It's not because he didn't care for his son and wife to let them go alone, but he knows them better than anyone.

'I'm more worried about the guys who'll trouble them, to be honest.'

He had a wry smile when he thought of the unnatural physical strength that his wife and son possessed, which made him feel that they could defeat him with sheer force alone.

After a few minutes of gathering kindling, the two returned with an enormous amount that left everyone on site agape.

"Hiro! We're back."

Emiko called out to her husband in the distance while she and her son walked to him at a relaxed pace, unbothered by the heavy weight on their back.

"What the heck!" He exclaimed when he saw them bring such a large amount that could last for days.

"Told you, mama, papa would exclaim at the amount we bring."

Sora said with a stoic face and put the bag down with a *thud* sound.

"Why did you two collect so much... We will only stay here for a night, not for days..."

Hiro sighed in frustration as he looked at his wife and son, making the former fidget while the latter just shrugged like it was not his problem.

"sighs... anyways, could you two help me here for a bit. Setting up a tent is much harder than I thought."

Hiro changed the topic after sighing and didn't indulge anymore in this matter, to not pressure his wife.

The two nodded and began helping Hiro on setting up the tent.

"Hiro..."

While the three were setting up the tent, Emiko suddenly called out to her husband in a whisper, which he answered with a silent "hmmm."

"Thank you..."

"Huh... for what..."

Hiro made a confused sound as he asked Emiko for her sudden thanks.

"...For always being here with me... even though I'm a bit airheaded sometimes and often make mistakes and reckless decisions,"

"You are always here on my side, guiding and helping me in any difficulties I face... so... I'm really, really, really grateful for having you."

Emiko looked into Hiro's eyes, full of gratefulness, happiness, and love.

"No, don't down yourself like that... You have been of great help to me. More than you knew of, so don't feel bad..."

Hiro looked her in the eye while he gently said every word of his containing his heartfelt feelings.

While the couple are looking at each other in passion, Sora stares hard at them as he crouches down on the side.

____________________________

Author note:

This is the renewal chapter, and I will delete the previous ones as that one sucks and is hard to read, even for me.

Well, I hope that this one is good enough for you non-existent reader ( •̀ ω •́ )✧

and if you have a suggestion, please leave it in the comment section below.

Please like, follow, and share for more🤣🤣.

(chapter length:1102 words)

2