Chapter 37 – Petty people are everywhere
74 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hello, dear readers! Here's chapter 37, the last chapter of the week.

Have a good Weekend and enjoy the read!

PS: The cultivation aspect of this novel is fast approaching. It's already on Patreon, so I can say that with confidence.

 

Announcements:

-Don't hesitate to Follow, Review, Favorite, Power stone, share etc. (Depends on the platform you're currently reading on) if you like my different novels. It helps a lot with growing the number of readers.

 

-I've set up a Stripe page, so if you feel like making a one time donation of any amount, don't hesitate to swing by. Thank you in advance! https://buy.stripe.com/4gwdTHfLo2fR2Xu6oo

 

-If you prefer having something 'tangible' for your donation, you can visit my patreon page.

My patreon: patreon.com/CalmWanderer  (11+ advanced chapters available)

To all my Patrons: Thank you very much for your support!

 

For those interested, I'm also writing a fanfiction in the world of Marvel with a lot of elements from The Knight's Multiverse:

‘Ben Parker, a former Special Forces’ Team Captain, husband of May Parker and uncle of Peter Parker, with three Perks granted to him by an unknown entity, will have to grow his cultivation along his loved ones and teammates while navigating the Earth, a planet full of interesting but dangerous secrets.

https://www.scribblehub.com/read/796814-my-name-is-ben-parker-the-knights-multiverse-x-mcu/chapter/796819/

******************

Damovotsk, Molkovia, Earth.
 
Demian's P.O.V.
 
In the bathroom, the young man took off all his clothes and observed his body more closely in the mirror. When he saw the result, he did not know whether to laugh or cry, as, despite the increasingly attractive image reflected in the mirror, the bruises marring a big part of his skin were pretty obvious. The only places unscathed were his hands and face. The former because he wore gloves during the fight and the latter because not only did he wear headgear, but Bryn also did not aim at that particular spot.
 
Shaking his head helplessly, he muttered a few words before going into the shower. “At least the bruises seem to be light. They'll probably be gone by tomorrow...” A few minutes later, the young man exited the bathroom with only a towel covering his lower body and dashed toward his own bedroom to get some clothes. Once there, he quickly put on a pair of underwear, a pair of jeans, a shirt, and one of his new favorite hoodies.
 
Due to the people around him, the young man found himself loving the color red more and more. Especially Burgundy which was a blend of dark red and purple. It was both Sera's hair color and the color of the hoodie he just put on. 'No coincidence there...' He thought amusedly before joining the girls at the dining table.
 
After a filling and healthy lunch prepared by his favorite Aunt with the help of his lovely petite cousin, Demian asked. “So, who's driving me there?” Tilting her head at his question, his youngest cousin replied with her own. “Shouldn't we all go together? I mean, if Big Sis brings you, Mom and I will have to stay alone here. And if it's Mom, then she'd have to be alone for a certain amount of time. That sounds like an unnecessary risk to me.”
 
All of them nodded their head at her logical explanation before Adeliya declared. “We'll do that then.” Once everyone agreed, they all left for the school where the instructor Savelievich was waiting for them with two other candidates, a man and a woman, both looking around Demian's age.
 
Once they finished greeting each other, the older man stated that they had to leave the place immediately to go to the testing place. Thus, the three girls left the place to go walking around while waiting for him. When the group of four arrived beside the school's car, Demian habitually went to sit in the left backseat while the other man chose to sit in the front seat.
 
The only woman sat on the muscular young man's side, throwing discreet glances at his face once in a while, but without saying anything. “Since the three of you won't have to pass the theoretical part of the test, the difficulty will be much lower. Of course, that's if you pay attention to the details. The things you need to remember are...”
 
During the whole trip, the older man reminded them of some simple things to keep in mind to avoid losing too many points. “The official should not be too harsh on you guys, but still, you need to be respectful toward him or he might make the test harder for you.”
 
Nodding his head along, Demian paid great attention to the instructor's explanation to avoid having to repass the test. After all, when one drove for a long time, he/she would form driving habits that might not correspond to the way they were 'supposed' to drive. Unlike him, however, the other two candidates did not seem to care much about the older man's advice.
 
Noticing their reaction, Demian shook his head inwardly while thinking. 'Kids...' Before suddenly remembering that he was as young as them in this life, bringing out a small amused smile on his face. 'Right, I've only recently turned 18... I wouldn't even be a legal adult back in the States...' Letting out a wistful sigh, he inwardly added.
 
'Being a teenager is a pain... Thankfully I'm already done with school and I'm not planning to go to college, so I won't bothered on that front.' Shuddering imperceptibly at the idea of redoing his middle school and high school years, the young man chose to swiftly remove that awful thought from his head and move his focus back on the instructor's voice.
 
After around 15 minutes of driving, they finally arrived at the test center that was located on the west side of the city, not too far from the shopping area he went to the other day with his family. Once the car reached the center, the instructor parked their vehicle in the designated parking lot adjacent to the place and exited the car with the other three.
 
From there it went smoothly and quickly. The older man registered the three teenagers and an examiner took them to the car they would use for the test. The man had no extraordinary defining feature but looked exactly like what came to mind when one thought about what a bored official in charge of making kids pass their driving test would look like.
 
A below-average face with darker brown hair, brow eyes, and a feeling of someone used to exploiting the little authority he possessed to vent on others his displeasure with having a boring and unhappy life. That last one was only Demian's guess, but the man's following actions all but confirmed it. It was when that man asked the three of them to do a reverse parking between two parked cars and alongside a sidewalk.
 
The examiner chose an easy parking spot for Demian, while the other two got a difficult one, which would have posed some difficulties even for Demian with his increasingly strong body coordination. And the only difference between the three was that Demian smiled at the guy and asked him how his day was going while the others only nodded to the other man.
 
'Petty people with power can be really scary!' He thought wryly while looking at the female teenager trying for the second time to insert their vehicle between the two others. 'Oh well, it's not my problem anyway. And at most, they'll have to redo the test later. It's not that big of a deal.' Pondering for a second, he inwardly added. 'I think I passed, but from what they told us earlier, I should only have the answer tonight from the driving school and the license should arrive around the end of the week...'
 
After the third try, the young woman finally succeeded in parking her car, letting out an audible sigh of relief as she halted the car. That drew a small amused smile from Demian who stopped paying attention to the other two's tests for the rest of the time he was in the car. It was not until the young woman parked the car at the Driving test center and they had to exit the car that his pondering ceased.
 
The examiner instructed them on the following procedures and then left to most likely take care of other examinees, leaving them to their own instructor, Savelievich. “How did it go?” He asked, making everyone but Demian frown. The latter had a confident smile on his face and claimed. “It's in the bag.”
 
His words drew envious looks toward him as the other two certainly knew that it was most likely true. The four then went back to the car while chatting. “What happened to the two of you? Did you make an eliminatory mistake?” As the car was cruising along the city's wide roads, the two explained what happened, with grievances in their voices.
 
Shaking his head at their story, the instructor commented. “I told you earlier to pay attention to your attitude. People in that sort of position can be a bit... narrow-minded, shall we say.” Pausing for a second, he added. “You're actually lucky. From what you told me, the man didn't go too far. That means the chance of you passing is not zero. You'll just have to wait til tonight. If you fail, you'll know what to do next time.”
 
Demian had the urge to chuckle at the face the two were making but held it in since he knew that for the two seemingly well-off kids it may be one of the worst experiences they lived through. 'It's a good experience for them... If they take it that way, at least...' He thought before his mind ceased to care about those inconsequential people. Instead, a feeling of impatience surfaced at the idea of going back to see the three girls.
 
It took them around the same time to go back to the driving school where Savelievich gave them the last instructions before letting them go. Demian quickly went toward the three women who just arrived from who-knows-where. “I feel like it took ages!” He exclaimed to the three as he gently embraced the petite redhead woman who laid her head against his upper body with a smile.
 
At his words, Adeliya and Sera chuckled while Bryn had an amused grin on her face. “It wasn't that bad.” The latter stated calmly. “You're always exaggerating, Dem.” Sera added before his Aunt indicated that they should leave the place. While on their way to the exit, the young man noticed the receptionist throwing strange glances toward them while typing something on her phone.
 
Her actions made the muscular man narrow his eyes slightly, but he decided to keep it to himself for now. Objectively, she could just be curious about them, but he could not shake the feeling that there was something else behind it... 'I've probably probably become too paranoid.' He thought, but he still decided to be careful. After all, being prepared never hurt anyone.
 
Nothing happened on the return journey, though, so it might have been paranoia on his part. The rest of the week was also quite calm, with the only highlight being the driving license that arrived in the mail the previous day. 'Did I make a mistake?...' He thought confused and slightly worried. 'We need to accelerate our operation. That Petrovich guy has to be taken care of quickly.' His expression became colder after making up his mind.
 
Fortunately, it was only 6 in the morning and thus only a sleeping Sera was in his bedroom with him. Feeling the woman moving slightly broke him from his violent thought as another thing came to his mind. 'Our date is today. I haven't gotten on many dates, so I hope I won't mess it up...' Letting out a sigh, he inwardly added with some doubts lacing his words. 'I'll just do my best and the rest will have to be left to luck...'
 
While unconsciously stroking her back he could not help himself from admiring her sleeping form. 'I think I'll never grow bored of looking at her.' He inwardly commented with a content smile on his face. After a while, the woman in question stirred awake, with her fair cheeks 'naturally' rubbing on his pectoral muscles.
 
“Good morning, Babe...” She declared in a sultry voice, her eyes still tightly shut. “'Morning, my lazy cat.” He responded gently with an amused smile on her face. A similar smile surfaced on her face as she declared. “I want to stay like that a bit longer.” Chuckling at her laziness, the man replied.
 
“Sure. It's still early anyway and our date is only in the afternoon.” The teasing smile he had on his face grew when he saw her head rising up quickly toward him with some excitement visible on it. Almost instantly, an expression of realization appeared, followed by a charming pout before she set her face back down on his torso and declared. “Stop teasing me! I want to stay in bed for once!”
 
While holding her lithe body which was completely lying on top of him with his left arm, his right hand was caressing her silky burgundy-colored hair, drawing a few moans of satisfaction from the charming 'female spirit' lying on him. “You're just too cute, so I can't help it. But joke aside, we can stay in bed a little longer this morning, if you want.”
 
A cute groan of approval came from the woman, who asked after that. “Only a little?” Her voice was a bit muffled, but its sound still succeeded in making him feel both happy and amused. “I don't want to miss training. You know how important it is. For me and you. Even for Aunty and Bryn, to be honest.”
 
“Mmmhh...” Was all she answered before the two fell silent and simply enjoyed each other's warmth and loving embrace.
6