Chapter 48 – Sixth sense’s warning
32 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hello, dear readers! Here's chapter 48! What is that mysterious and dangerous feeling...?

Because I didn't post anything last week, you'll get chapter 49 a few minutes after this chapter goes live.

See ya next chapter!

 

Announcements:

-Don't hesitate to Follow, Review, Favorite, Power stone, share etc. (Depends on the platform you're currently reading on) if you like my different novels. It helps a lot with growing the number of readers.

 

-I've set up a Stripe page, so if you feel like making a one time donation of any amount, don't hesitate to swing by. Thank you in advance! https://buy.stripe.com/4gwdTHfLo2fR2Xu6oo

 

-If you prefer having something 'tangible' for your donation, you can visit my patreon page.

My patreon: patreon.com/CalmWanderer  (11+ advanced chapters available)

To all my Patrons: Thank you very much for your support!

 

For those interested, I'm also writing a fanfiction in the world of Marvel with a lot of elements from The Knight's Multiverse:

‘Ben Parker, a former Special Forces’ Team Captain, husband of May Parker and uncle of Peter Parker, with three Perks granted to him by an unknown entity, will have to grow his cultivation along his loved ones and teammates while navigating the Earth, a planet full of interesting but dangerous secrets.

https://www.scribblehub.com/read/796814-my-name-is-ben-parker-the-knights-multiverse-x-mcu/chapter/796819/

*******************

Damovotsk, Molkovia, Earth.

 

Demian's P.O.V.

 

With the car parked, the two quickly took the elevator until, a few short minutes later, they finally walked through the entrance of their apartment, where they spotted the two sisters seated on the couch while watching TV. Noticing their arrival, the two girls quickly stood up and dashed in their direction. Arriving close, Bryn swiftly observed them from head to toe before letting out a relieved sigh while Sera asked worriedly. “How did it go?” Chuckling lightly, Demian exclaimed. “Don’t worry! Everything went well! More than well, actually. Although, it was a bit strange.”

 

Shaking her head with an exasperated look on her face, the petite redhead replied. “Can you be even more vague?” Amused at her question, he retorted. “Let’s sit and we’ll tell you everything. Alright?” The two sisters nodded and followed Demian and Adeliya to sit on the couches before Adeliya started recounting their previous experiences up until they exited the bar. After finishing her story, everyone fell silent, with the young man and his Aunt letting her words sink into the other two’s minds. After a moment, Sera commented. “We’re lucky that the man you met was friendly.” Shaking her head, she added. “Why doesn’t one of you read us the information about Petrovich?”

 

“I’ll do it.” Demian replied as his hand moved toward the unnamed book lying on the table. Opening it, he quickly skimmed through it bringing a light of realization to his eyes, followed by some complicated emotions. His inner feelings were surely visible to the others as Adeliya asked, puzzled. “What is it? Why are you making that face?” Closing the book, the young man let out a sigh while wearing a wry smile. Turning toward the three women after a brief moment, he answered. “I finally know why we’ve been targeted by that scum. The reason is... Ridiculous...” His words cut out as he shook his head, confused about what he was supposed to think.

 

Sera, who was sitting beside him, tapped gently on his thigh while insisting. “ Come on, Babe. You can’t leave us in suspense like that. We want to know.” Her words cut through the haze obscuring his thoughts, eliciting a prompt response from him. “Right! Sorry about that. I got a bit overwhelmed for a second.” Pausing for a brief moment to think about how to sum everything up, he then started to explain. “We were actually right when we thought that Petrovich was not the one who wanted to mess with us. Or at least, he only did it under someone else’s order. That someone is Valentin Danilov. And the reason why he wanted to mess with us is because of my father...” His words stunned Adeliya while the others only looked perplexed.

 

“What does that have to do with Roman? I know he should be working for the Organizatsya, but he shouldn’t be that high-up, right?” Looking at her, Demian continued. “My... Father...” His words cut off as he had to take out a deep breath to rein in the anger and disappointment threatening to spill out from his heart. After a few seconds, he continued. “He’s apparently reached a level in the organization as high as Danilov, but in the Organizatsya, while the other is in the Crimson Party. Their cultivation is also similar, at Peak Chi Gathering and they ‘have an intense dislike for each other’. Or at least that’s what’s written in the book.” His explanation seemed to alleviate a few of their doubts, but a few still remained, with Bryn voicing one of them.

 

“Why are they targeting us in particular? We don’t have any contact with your father.” Scratching his chin unconsciously, the young man replied. “It has to do with obtaining a spiritual pill to break through and reach the Foundation Building. Apparently, it’s a sort of competition between the Molkovian branches of the Crimson Federation. And my father and Danilov are the top contenders for the pill.” As the muscular woman was about to interject, he cut her off. “Let me finish. The reason he targeted us is because Roman, my... Father... He had some of his people watching over us all this while and Danilov noticed it. So he wanted to use us against him, but since they are forbidden to use cultivators against mortals, they could only send that moron of Petrovich. It’s also why the latter did not act too forcefully.”

 

Pausing his words for a second, something else suddenly came to his mind. “Also, the only reason why he could act against us those two times is because our hidden ‘protectors’ had to be recalled for an important operation that Roman took part in.” The mature redhead looked a him with an astonished look on her face while mumbling. “So that man still cared about his son...” Shaking his head, Demian shared his doubts. “I wouldn’t be so sure. it could be a matter of reputation or something else. After all, he was cold-blooded enough to abandon me right after Mom died in the hospital...” Turning his eyes away to look through the window bay at the night sky, a wave of melancholy washed over his mind.

 

‘Two lives and two shitty fathers. Is it my fate?’ He thought before letting out a helpless sigh. His train of thought was however disturbed by the gentle embrace of his lover and the soft voice of his Aunt. “Don’t mind that man too much, Demian. He’s just a selfish prick.” Chuckling at her childish insult, the young man returned the petite redhead’s hug while replying to Adeliya. “That he is. But I don’t care too much about him. He made his choice and I made mine.” The fact that he could feel such negative emotions meant that the reality was different from his words, and he was aware of it, however, he did not want to waste his time thinking about a man like that, even if the two were blood-related. While wearing a discreet smile on his face, he changed the subject to something he deemed much more important.

 

“About Petrovich, the book says that several Peak Master Ranks or Peak Body strengthening cultivators, if you prefer, will arrive in a few days. They’re supposedly sent by Danilov because he’s starting to get impatient with Petrovich’s lack of results. And they’re supposed to deal with us.” While stroking Sera’s back, he continued. “Originally, I’d be a bit worried, but with the Basic Technique that Sergei gifted us and the wine I drank, I should be able to break through to Chi Gathering during those few days. At least if I take into account my previous training speed.” Nodding her head, Bryn stated firmly. “I should also be able to do the same. I’m only a hair away and that technique is definitely what I’ve been missing all these years.” Patting her shoulder, Adeliya commented warmly. “I’m sure you will.” Turning toward the others, she added. “That aside, I’m amazed at the Anrepov family’s information-gathering ability. It feels almost fake.”

 

Shaking his head, Demian retorted. “If I didn’t see what I saw earlier and felt what I felt then I might have agreed with you. But now, I don’t feel like it’s such a stretch for that man to collect intel so precise.” His words seemed to have triggered something in her mind as the middle-aged woman claimed. “Speaking of which, what happened earlier? I mean, you looked like you were having a panic attack.” Nodding his head, the young man responded. “I was under some kind of overwhelming physical pressure and it came from that man. It felt like... Like I was about to get crushed. I’m pretty sure he did it to make me understand that I couldn’t mess with people as strong as him.” With a thoughtful look on her face, she commented. “Cultivators are so mysterious...”

 

The group fell silent for a moment before Demian declared. “At least, we now all know what to do. Bryn and I need to reach Chi Gathering as quickly as we can and then we’ll easily be able to take care of those Master Ranks. I think.” Bryn nodded and added. “It’s never a bad thing to increase your strength.” Before she grabbed the Basic Technique book and started attentively perusing it. Her focused look brought an amused smile to the young man’s face who stated. “I’ll leave you the book tonight, Big Sis. I’ll study it tomorrow.” “Sure.” She replied curtly while waving her hand in a bid to make him understand that she was too busy to listen to him. Her action made both him and his Aunt chuckle before Demian stood up and in a swift move, lifted Sera in a princess carry, eliciting a surprised yelp from the petite woman.

 

Turning his grinning face toward Adeliya, he declared. “We’ll be going to sleep, Aunty. Have a good night!” “Good night, Mom!” The redhead lying in his arms and with her arms around his neck added. Shaking her head, the middle-aged woman mumbled sarcastically. “Sleep my ass...” Feeling amused at her response, he acted as if he did not hear what she said. “Uh? You said something?” With the fakest smile he had ever seen, his Aunt retorted. “Nothing. I only said I hoped you’ll sleep well.” Staring at each other for a second, the two could not help but burst into laughter, quickly joined by Sera who probably had the finest hearing in the room. After reining in their hilarity a few seconds later, Demian bid her goodnight once more before leaving for his bedroom with his lover in his arms.

 

As they arrived in the room and after having closed the door, the young man flirtingly said. “You heard us earlier, Love. We need to grow stronger quickly, so I’ll need your full cooperation.” In a mock salute, the young woman declared in fake seriousness. “At your order, Sir. I, Soldier Seraphine, am ready to use my body to strive for victory.” The ridiculous statement brought a light chuckle as he asked, half-teasing, half-puzzled. “How come I still find you so attractive and sexy when you’re acting silly?” His words brought a sudden transformation of her attitude, turning her from a ‘funny’ vibe to an ‘amorous’ one. Stroking his chest, she replied tenderly. “Because I’m an amazing, smart, and sexy woman. I’m also very hungry and so are you.”

 

Her words brought an amused smile to his face, which quickly turned lustful as the two started disrobing before swiftly reaching the bed. They then proceeded to pleasure each other for several hours, until they both fell asleep from exhaustion, feeling satisfied by the ecstasy they experienced and the increase in strength they acquired through their lovemaking session. A few hours later, however, Demian was suddenly awakened from his blissful slumber by some unknown feeling warning him that something was happening close by. His eyes flew open while his body turned into defense mode instantly, covering his cousin’s body with his while his gaze roamed around the room to find the origin of his dangerous feeling.

 

His sudden movements woke the beautiful lady lying in his arms who asked in a sleepy voice. “What’s w...” Her words were cut off by a big yawn before she could continue her questioning. “What’s wrong, Babe?” The young man stayed silent for a few seconds but despite the growing threat that his intuition perceived, he was not able to find its source and thus answered in an unusually serious manner. “Something’s wrong. But I don’t know what it is and that worries me.” Pausing his words for a second, he then quickly stood up and instructed. “Put on some clothes. We’ll go find your mother and Bryn.” The young woman did not voice a word of protest as she was clearly aware of the seriousness of the situation from the tone he employed. The two then quickly put on some easy-to-move-in clothes and quietly went toward Adeliya’s room located close by.

 

Being careful not to make any noise, Demian pushed the door open slowly, and with a quick eye swipe found the mature woman still slumbering cluelessly in her bed, the latter illuminated dimly by the moonlight entering through the closed window. Then, with his senses on full alert, the couple tiptoed to the bed, and with a few gentle shakes, the young man managed to wake up the previously sleeping woman. “De...?” As he did not want to alert what provoked the dangerous feeling in his mind, the young man put his hand over her mouth and a finger in front of his lips to convey the need for silence. Being experienced enough to understand his meaning, the middle-aged woman quickly nodded her head while keeping her mouth shut.

 

“Put on some light clothes. I’ll go check on Bryn.” He whispered before turning back alone toward the entrance and started moving toward his oldest cousin’s bedroom. From what he saw, the door was slightly ajar. The scene made a few unpleasant memories resurface in his mind, but he chose to shove them away and focus on the situation instead. While entering the bedroom, his gaze roamed around but found nothing amiss, and although Bryn was nowhere in sight, he could not help himself from letting out a sigh of relief before turning around and going back to his Aunt’s room who just finished wearing some sports clothes while Sera was standing quietly by her side. Noticing him coming back, she came closer and asked Demian quietly. “What’s going on?”

 

To her question, he replied in a similarly low tone. “I had a bad feeling and it's getting worse and worse. So I’d rather have all of us awake why Sixth Sense is warning me of danger.” The seriousness on his face seemed to convince the middle-aged woman despite his ‘flimsy’ reason. “Alright. Where’s Bryn?” Shaking his head, he responded. “Not in her room. She might be downstairs, but I’ll have to check alone while the two of you stay here.” Noting the protest surfacing on their face, he cut them off immediately and said something that instantly extinguished any argument they might have had. “If I go alone, I’ll be able to move in and out a lot more easily. Otherwise, all of us will be in much more danger.”

 

Letting out a defeated sigh, Adeliya retorted. “Fine! Go, then!” Before taking her silent daughter’s hand in hers. “Be careful, Babe!” Sera whispered as he was on his way to exit Adeliya’s room. Now alone, he went to rapidly check every room upstairs, making sure that the two women would be safe before dashing downstairs.With his incredible physical capabilities, no sound was created from his swift sprint. Once down the staircase, he listened intently to find out if there was anyone around and maybe find the cause for his unrest. It did not take long for him to catch someone grunting in pain coming from the gym’s direction and it sounded awfully like Bryn.

 

Feeling wary, Demian rushed in that direction until he arrived before the door. Taking a deep breath to calm his nerves, he then proceeded to open it, unveiling the scene behind it. However, as his mind registered what was happening in front of his eyes, he unconsciously mumbled. “What the fuck?!”

3