Volume 2 – Chapter 9: Limit Break
39 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 9: Limit Break

 

Limit Break.

This is a special ability inherent in everybody. When a person’s body and conjuring are taken close to their limits, they can access a higher level of skill. This skill can amplify their strength by ten times or greater and can even completely transform their bodies, making them more suitable for combat.

Everyone’s Limit Break is unique to them, and everyone gets differing abilities depending on their usual skill set. There’s even speculation that many of the geographical landmarks of the world were created as a side effect of people entering their Limit Breaks. As such, this form of power is often desired by many of the world’s most powerful warriors and soldiers.

However, it’s not so simple that a person can just train to obtain this power. There is a nasty requirement that must be met before one can use their Limit Break.

When one has reached the maximum level of power, they must break themselves. Physically or mentally or emotionally. No matter which choice is taken, it is a painful road that more often than not leaves that person in a state of despair or regret. There are even some cases of people incapable of handling that “break” and shut down completely or even die.

Physically can mean many things, but it isn’t uncommon for a person to unlock their Limit Break via torture. However, this method often leaves the person in a precarious situation and may leave them on the brink of death. They may not even last long enough to use their Limit Break.

Mentally and emotionally are very similar, but there are some subtle differences between the two. While there are some things that can be directly correlated to both, the person experiencing it may turn out differently. For example, mental could leave a person unstable while emotional could leave a person emotionally dead or sensitive. 

Either way, these taken to the extreme have the potential to unlock a person’s Limit Break. But what if the person in general tries to unlock it while their bodies aren’t ready? Well, aside from leaving the person in a near death, unstable, or sensitive state, it leaves the person vulnerable to being inflicted with an Emerald Curse. A curse that is formed by foreign Ether not being properly filtered through the body.

Unreasonable risks with far more unreasonable gains, but if anyone can obtain a Limit Break, then unbelievable power lies in their hands.


~~~

I was pushed back, my enchantments destroyed as the ash gathered fiercely around Persephone.

“Too late, shit.”

In front of me, Persephone was in an egg-shaped cocoon of ash that was floating slightly above the ground. The ground directly beneath was also turned into ash and looked as if it was making a stand for the egg.

I figured she might have it, but this is unbelievably dangerous. I’ll be lucky if I can even get close again.

I looked down at my sword and body and noticed that all of my spells were deactivated. The ash must have destroyed the spells, but it looks like it missed my sword, so that’s a plus.

Eventually, the egg began to fall apart from the top, pouring down like sand. The first thing I saw was her long, black hair followed quickly by granite colored skin. As more of the ash peeled away from the egg, I could see that her dress now had open shoulders and was an even deeper shade of black than before, and there were no more designs on it at all. It was a long dress that seemed to turn into ash at the hem and connected with the ash on the ground, as if she were one with it. After all, even her legs were no longer visible.

While these were indeed striking images, I found myself more taken aback by her arms and face. Her arms from her elbows to her hands were long and black, and they were now long enough to reach the ground. Her fingers even looked like claws. But more than that, the gauntness of her face seemed even more accentuated. Her eyes and cheeks were even more sunk in than before, her lips matched the same shade as the rest of her skin, and her scleras turned black. The only semblance of color she had left on her was her Ruby colored eyes.

She looks like the manifestation of death…

As I prepared myself to fight, Persephone finally lowered onto the ground.

Whoosh! Crrrrrrrmmmmmbbbbbllllll…

As soon as she touched the ground, an intense wave of ash flooded the ground and every single building and piece of rubble around me began falling apart. I could only turn around and looked stunned as I watched the entire city turn to ash.

Everything the ash is touching is disintegrating and turning into ash! This is worse than my Tectonic Shake ever would have done. By comparison, nothing has a chance of surviving a wave of destruction like this!

Every single body, piece of rubble, standing building, the entire mansion, the fortress walls of Nearbran, and even many of the trees and other plants that laid outside of the city were crumbling and sinking into the ash. I was lucky that I had my defense, so the ash couldn’t make me disintegrate in the same way. But even so, when I looked down at my legs, which were covered from the knees down in her ash, I could see that my legs were starting to turn red as if they were becoming irritated.

I shouldn’t stick in this ash for too long, or I may actually sustain a real injury.

I promptly pulled out my gun and took to the air again. When I looked down at her again, I looked her over one more time and noticed something else.

Right… Limit Break can heal injuries.

The bleeding gash that was on her shoulder was gone. There wasn’t even a hint of it left.

“If you can still manage after seeing this form…”

Her arms were spread as if she were in a drama, but then she fell backward into her ash.

Wait, is she…?!

I turned around with my sword ready to defend.

Crrrrrrkkkk

“…then maybe I can leave my soul to you…”

Her softer and more youthful voice deeply contrasted with the impact she left behind. After she fell into the ash behind her, she immediately appeared beneath me and shot up behind me at an insane speed, almost silently. I almost didn’t notice it, but even then, when she brought down her arm on my blade, it cracked to pieces and crumbled into ash, blasting me back down into her sea of ash. I didn’t have a chance to dodge.

Her strength is absurd, and she destroyed my blade. I should’ve re-enchanted it.

I was back in the ash, but I couldn’t remain. I quickly used my gun to send myself into the sky and recreated my sword. “Diamond Enchant: Paragon Sheath!”

I wanted to use wind to disperse the ash, but that wouldn’t work now. The ash managed to destroy my enchants already, and wind wasn’t exactly a stable defense anyway. In this situation, it would be difficult to keep the wind flowing. I wouldn’t be able to keep the ash away from me anymore, so I’d need a more stable enhancement.

That’s why I coated my blade in this beautiful red Diamond. It could perhaps be the most powerful defense and offense when used right.

I’m glad I met that Diamond guy back in Crestfall…

With my blade in hand ready, I aimed myself at Persephone and used Expulsion to move even faster than before. She was still standing there, using the ash to keep herself midair. Her creepy visage was waiting for me.

Let’s not keep her waiting!

I swung my blade, aiming for her neck.

Shing! Crrrrrrmmmbblll

And yet she caught my blade with her large hand and caused both the Diamond and the sword to crumble to ash.

Even Diamond? 

“Hah!”

With a great swing, Persephone used her opposite hand and sent me flying.

Damn! Her curse is concentrated in her hands!

That strike held enough power to scratch my torso and make it red in irritation. Fortunately, the scratch itself was light and easy enough to cover, but the fact that she managed to injure me meant that she had an incredible amount of power flowing through her. I needed to solve this as quickly as possible.

Catching myself midair using Solid Step, I stood still in the air. But this was only for a moment. So long as I was standing on Solid Step, it would stay intact, but I couldn’t afford to stand still, so I used it to propel myself, allowing the curse to cause the spell to disappear quickly.

Using a sword is going to be difficult if she’s just going to keep destroying them, so I need to get in close and go hand to hand. She may be able to hurt me, but it was still barely a scratch, so my fists won’t crumble away. The problem is the ash around her.

I managed to reach her and proceeded to throw a powerful punch, but unfortunately for me, the ash on the ground rose and attempted to swallow me whole. The ash was acting as a physical defense and was even faster than before. I’ll have to use Expulsion, but my gun won’t be able to produce enough power now. I’ll have to use my words to produce any effect.

“Wind Casting: Expulsion!”

Like it was meant to do, Expulsion created a miniature blast of wind. It was much more powerful than the blasts than my gun, but it still paled in comparison to the compression bomb I made with a full chant.

Still, while I managed to use it to fling me backwards and away from the ash, there wasn’t even a dent in the wave of ash heading towards me.

Did the ash swallow my spell like her curse?

“You should pay attention!”

“Crap!”

Persephone appeared behind me again and swung her fists at me with tremendous force. I was still midair, so it was difficult to deal with, but I was able to twist my body out of the way. Her swing produced a powerful shockwave that blew the ash behind me into the air like a tsunami.

What force!

Though difficult, I was still able to redirect her attacks. For whatever reason, the ash wasn’t coming to defend her. Can she not attack and defend at the same time?

I tested my theory after smoothly dodging her fist once again and attempting to strike her in the gut.

So I’m right!

Instead of using her ash to block, she dodged with the ash connected to her lower half. I immediately followed up by propelling myself with Expulsion and swinging back at her with my own fists.

She was surprisingly skilled at martial arts. Every time I swung, she attempted a counter that nearly hit me. It was definitely tough, and we ended up going back and forth like this for a few minutes. Being at such close range made it tough for me to cast any spells quickly. If I wasn’t attacking, she was.

To make things a little more complicated, while her force was indeed something to behold, what made her dangerous was actually her reach. Her arms were much longer than usual, so if I wasn’t careful, she could try and grab me from behind while I was distracted with attacking.

Before long, I couldn’t maintain myself in the air and was forced to fall to the ground, but Persephone was still being held up in the sky and quickly took advantage.

“Hades’ Army.”

Around me, a large number of ash soldiers rose and surrounded me.

There’s a lot, but it should be manageable with Expulsion.

I raised my arms to my side and cast Expulsion with a loud bang.

“…Not going to make this easy.”

The ash soldiers were completely unaffected by the spell. For a moment, all of them looked as though they were forced back a step or two, but it was like her curse was concentrated in these ash soldiers.

“Hmm? …How cruel.”

One of the ash soldiers did actually take some damage, one of the ones closest to me. Part of its face was torn away… revealing human skeletons.

These are the bones of the residents.

I looked around at the soldiers and realized that some of them had the body shape of women and children, and there were even animals.

The soldiers themselves probably aren’t that strong and are meant to be a distraction then. If this were anyone else, this would be a powerful mental attack.

I looked back up just in time to narrowly dodge a strike by Persephone. The impact blew away the ash and the soldiers.

That look on her face… She doesn’t want this either.

She looked sad at what she was doing, but she had no hesitation. 

“Hades’ Form of Underworld.”

As I went in to try and attack her, she used her ash to cloak her entire body.

What a pain!

I jumped back over and over again. Though my movements were mitigated by the ash, I was still able to keep myself from sinking into it, and I could only watch as the ash continued to pile onto Persephone’s body.

She’s getting larger. She’s not playing around here!

I yanked my gun out and aimed to fling myself back into the air, but when I tried, one of the ash soldiers which was still standing grabbed me.

Not just a distraction for her to attack, but also to keep me occupied while she’s turning into that thing?

There were still a lot of the soldiers left, and even though Persephone was slowly but surely turning into a monster in front of me, these soldiers wouldn’t let me do anything unless I took care of them first.

They took little damage when I used Wind Casting. I can’t use fire very well against the ash either. Ash is still weak to water, but that curse is frustrating. I hope my Enchants will keep up.

“Water Enchant: Splash Step!”

The soles of my feet all the way up to my knees were coating in water. It didn’t take any form, it merely stuck to me.

Let’s test it out.

I kicked at the nearest soldier. The water caused the ash to solidify and made it easy to blast him apart with my kick.

Good. Now to handle them before they drag me beneath the ash. I can’t afford to let it injure me, or everyone’s going to get mad that I was being careless.

With Splash Step, I jumped all over the field, every step taken half splashing as if having water kicked at a lake and half absorbing into the ash. No matter the size or shape. And in that rush, I attacked and completely decimated each and every one of the soldiers I came across. It may have seemed cruel to destroy them, but they were already dead. I doubted that they’d appreciate their bodies being used like this.

Every step was as dense as water, and the ground attempted to soak it up and fly away with each kick of my foot.

Still, things only became more complicated.

One of the soldiers was about to be struck down with a well placed kick to the head. But just as my foot reached…

BOOM!

The soldier exploded and I was sent backwards.

Shit! I forgot the ash is still building up heat!

I was lucky that I hadn’t been hit by any explosion until now, because considering the size of that soldier’s explosion, they were much more powerful when compared to before Persephone released her Limit Break.

It was likely that I hadn’t been hit by any other explosion down here because of my Splash Step. It was certainly useful. The water may have been disappearing after some of it left my body, but it was still cooling down the ash.

Still, there were a lot of soldiers. One for every citizen of the town. It’s never going to end. Worst case, she’ll blow them all up and trap me down here.

I couldn’t afford to let that happen, but before I could do anything about it, I could hear Persephone’s voice.

“You’ve bought me enough time. Thank you. Rest…”

The ash giving the soldiers form did not explode. Instead, it all peeled away and flew off in the distance, leaving the skeletons within to fall and crumble away into ash.

Rest in peace…

The ash flew directly towards what looked to be a giant made of ash. To anyone, this would be cause for great fear, but to me, this was just going to be a massive hassle.

How am I going to damage that…?

The giant had six massive arms and four huge legs. The shoulders, knees, elbows, hands and feet were all covered in spikes, each individual one seeming to be the length of the giant’s finger. On top of that, the spikes had an orange glow coming from deep within.

The giant also seemed to be quite fat. It may have looked hideous, but with as huge as it was, that meant its defense was very high. Penetrating it physically would be nearly impossible, and with the curse, conjuring would do absolutely nothing, even at close range. A spatial spell wouldn’t make it far at all before being swallowed by the curse.

As for the head, it was also quite pudgy, and its face was droopy. Still, if anything truly stood out, it was the eyes, glowing orange like the spikes.

This thing could probably crush me if I let it hit me.

The creature looked down at me and raised its fist slowly.

…What amazing speed!

It may have raised its fist slowly, but it brought it down with a speed that completely defied its size.

Damn! “Wind Casting: Expulsion!”

I tried to escape the massive blow as quickly as possible. After I flung myself, I pulled out my gun and fired as much as possible and just barely got out of range of the fist that raised the earth and made it tremor like crazy.

Still, I didn’t let my guard down at all. That may have been terrifying, but I knew something else was coming.

BOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMM!

I flew as far as I could as fast as I could, and I still only barely made it out of the absolutely massive explosion that followed the strike.

I flung myself into the air only to meet another stretched out fist. I could only dodge, but there was no way I could avoid this as it stood.

No way out! I hate using this while fighting, but I don’t have a choice.

“Spatial Casting: Instant Shift!”

In a split second, I changed my position. I was now high in the sky, looking down at the giant and falling.

Teleporting. I usually used Dimension Shift since it allows me greater distance, but it wasn’t meant for combat. On the other hand, Instant Shift was and had a shorter cooldown.

That said, I didn’t like using it. It messed with my perception of the field if I tried to use it in combat. It made it harder to react to incoming attacks if done improperly, and it also interfered with my own attacks if I used it wrong. In that manner, I preferred simply moving as fast as I could.

It moved so fast… It might be condensed, but it’s still ash. So it’s a lot more lightweight than it looks. If it was thinner, or say shaped like a muscular figure, I could use its weight against itself, and I could easily pierce through the giant by using my body like a spear. Maybe that’s why it’s so fat. It’s got so many layers that it makes it much more difficult to penetrate. I could still penetrate the legs and arms by aiming for the joints. The head would also be much easier to handle. That would make the torso the easiest place to hide. 

On the other hand, that doesn’t mean that her awareness is spread across the ash itself. In which case, she would hide in the head. She’d need to be able to overlook the battlefield. 

Still, defense aside, what makes this beast so troublesome are the spikes. Just like with the soldier and the tendrils of ash, when they glow orange, that means that they’re ready to explode. And this time, the explosions are unbelievably powerful.

I flew down at a high speed and watched as the giant looked around. Its arms were ready to be used again. However, the spikes on the fist that hit the ground were no longer glowing.

Interesting. Maybe it still needs to recharge the heat after the explosion.

Before I realized it, the giant was looking up at me. It definitely found me.

Either way, I need to aim for the head. Hiding in the body is unrealistic if she wants to perform at her strongest.

I aimed my gun behind me and prepared to increase my speed, but before I could do anything, the eyes of the monster glowed bright.

Wait, no!

“Instant Shift!”

I teleported directly behind the giant, killing all the momentum I built up. When I looked around, adjusting to my new surroundings, I turned back and saw that the giant released a massive ray of light from its eyes.

Concentrated explosions in the eyes! This became a thousand times deadlier!

As soon as the attack ended, it turned around and found me. It must have realized I teleported, but that didn’t seem to matter much. It swung the three arms closest to me at me.

“Instant Shift!”

The attacks were way too fast and large for me to dodge, and they were so powerful that each strike could easily blow away the earth like it was clay. My defense could never hold up to an attack as powerful as that.

Two of the fists didn’t reach the ground, but the third did, triggering the explosions from its spikes.

This isn’t good. I need to deal with this immediately, or I’ll never win!

“Instant Shift!”

Once again, I narrowly escaped from an attack. This time, one of the legs had aimed at me and triggered another explosion.

If not for this curse, I could use Chaos Conjuring to deal with this.

“Instant Shift!”

This time, all six fists aimed at me and crashed into the ground. This would never end at the rate it was going.

All of the arms retracted back to the body, the spikes on each fist no longer glowing.

Okay, there are still spikes glowing, but they’re on the shoulders, knees, and elbows. They’re likely to help protect the joints. If that’s the case, then the only explosions to worry about now are in the ones on the feet. Even the eyes have gone dull. This is my chance!

“Instant Shift!”

I returned to the sky and let myself fall. Once I got a good speed, I used my gun to propel myself faster. I’d need to move at an unbelievable speed. This time, I would take off this monster’s head. That’s where Persephone had to be.

Still, the giant still managed to find me. It almost made me wonder if the stealth based quality of my curse was working or if I was just predictable. Still, that didn’t matter. I would win.

The giant raised all six of its arms to its upper body to protect itself. Not the head? Was I wrong? Why would she defend the chest? Is this a bluff?

As I let myself worry about this, I noticed that all of the spikes that were still glowing suddenly lost their gleam.

Wait, what’s going on? Is it forfeiting its joint defenses?

However, it didn’t take me long to realize where the light had gone.

Oh shit!

The eyes began glowing brighter than they did before. A big one was coming.

It’s forfeiting joint defenses in exchange for a powerfully aimed attack. An attack that could probably disintegrate me. Meanwhile, its highest defenses are at the torso. Then was I wrong? Is she in the chest?

Still, I didn’t have any time to contemplate any further.

She’ll be prepared for another strike like this next time, and I may not get another chance after this. Fine, I didn’t want to use this with it being so new to my arsenal, but I may not have a choice anymore. Hopefully this works!

Finally, the attack came at me with tremendous force. If this didn’t work, I would die. There was no way I could survive. And if I did, I’d need to immediately release the spell. Otherwise, I could deal far more damage to the world than anyone could. I’d need to be precise.

“Gravity Enchant: Weight of the World!”

I managed to learn Gravity Conjuring after having come across Victor Agvirty in Crestfall. It was an extremely powerful conjuring type to say the least, and at its most powerful, it could potentially destroy the world. Especially the spell I was using. It maximized gravity on my body, allowing me to turn myself into a bullet-like meteor. 

The weight of the world is several quintillion tons. Of course, I couldn’t bring my weight to something as absurd as that, but it was still high enough that by falling from this distance with the weight that I was, I could easily penetrate the crust of the world and cause some severe damage. The shaking alone from penetrating deep into the world could trigger volcanoes and fault lines everywhere. Whether I could survive that even with my defense was negligible at best, but at the very least, it should be able to penetrate this beast.

In order to maximize my chances of piercing the beast, the attack, and protecting myself, I cast a Diamond enchantment called Paragon Skin to coat my body in red armor. 

I’ll aim for the chest!

I couldn’t let the giant’s actions go. I fell, clashing with the Ray of light. However, with the weight I was now, I somehow managed to completely dispel the attack. 

I got lucky…!

I continued to fall at an unbelievable speed until finally, I pierced through the chest of the giant and came out of its back, causing the creature to explode outward.

Need to stop!

As my feet punched through the ground, I instantly triggered a silent cast of Instant Shift to bring myself back into the air. Naturally, I began falling again, but I immediately dispelled my enchantments and teleported back to the ash-covered ground.

When I landed, I looked nearby and saw the absolutely massive crater I’d created. It even had a small hole in the center from where I directly hit the ground. Just how heavy did I make myself? I need to seriously avoid using gravity again. It drained a large amount of Ether, too. Not as much as in Crestfall, but still an absurd amount. I need to end this soon and return home.

I looked around and found various scattered body parts of the giant. How it still had pieces was questionable, but I didn’t want to think about it. After all, the pieces were falling apart and pouring into the ground.

All except for the head.

“Hmm…”

I stood before it and held out my gun. This thing was still massive. It had to at least be the size of this town’s mansion. Yet it still wasn’t falling apart.

I could already tell that I’d made a crucial mistake. The arms raised to the torso got to my head. She bluffed me. She was still in the head.

I couldn’t let this be, so I charged it with what speed I could, but before I knew it, the mouth opened, and Persephone shot out with speed as absurd as mine, the ash on her dress still connected to the giant head.

Our fists collided, releasing a huge shockwave.

“You are an incredible being!”

“I could say the same for you. If I could use my conjuring, I’d show you my most powerful attacks. It’s unfortunate I’ll never be able to show you!”

Our fists tore apart, and our brawl began. This time, we were completely forgoing spells or weapons. We were only using our fists and martial art skills. Neither of us could land a hit. I even had to use my gun to defend myself a few times.

As we exchanged blows, we conversed, using this time to learn about what was driving her.

“You said something about your dream?”

“Yes. It can only be achieved by someone strong enough to kill me!”

“What is your dream?”

“I can’t tell you until you hit me with a fatal blow!”

“Is that so? How come?”

“Because of the blessing of my employer!”

“Blessing?”

“That’s right. I can’t give you any details until after you’ve defeated me!”

When our fists collided one more time, we backed away from each other and looked at each other with cold glances.

“This is my last attack. If you can’t overcome this, then I can’t entrust you with my wish.”

“It’s kind of funny. You’ve brought me to the point of having to use abilities I don’t like multiple times. It seems I may have to use one of them to finally defeat you.”

“Is that so? Well, let’s see what you can do.”

The head of the giant behind Persephone suddenly raised into the air and looked down on me with nasty, condescending eyes.

“Hades’ Condemnation!”

The giant head smiled at me with a malicious grin. As I prepared to deal with it, I suddenly found myself held in place by two giant hands of ash coming from the ground.

She’s got me!

I looked up to find the giant head of ash opening his mouth, revealing a set of nasty-looking teeth. They belonged to a beast rather than any human I’ve ever seen. They were all long and sharp, closer to spikes rather than teeth. On top of that, the tip of each and every one of them was glowing orange.

“Consume him.” Snap!

As she snapped her fingers together, the head brought down its teeth and swallowed me with the strongest explosion yet. I couldn’t possibly survive flames as powerful as that.

Or so one might think.

“Instant Shift.”

I managed to easily escape the head and appear before Persephone. And before she realized that I was there, I aimed the barrel of my gun at her stomach and fired once. 

 

Severance.

 

“Hah!”

The ash around me immediately vanished into thin air, leaving only the ashy smoke behind to float into the air. The entire city and its residents, as well as the area around it, were completely gone. It was a barren wasteland.

When I looked down at Persephone who was laying on the ground, the gray skin peeled away and returned to how it once was. Her dress returned to normal, and her arms regained their original length. Except… she was no longer in one piece. She was in two.

She was laying in a pool of her own blood, not even trying to stop the bleeding. Her eyes were weak and in pain, but the smile on her face contradicted that.

“H-How… How cheap… to pull a move like that… ha- koff!

Though she laughed as she joked, she immediately coughed up blood. I immediately thought that maybe I could save her if I brought her to Silas, but her curse was too dangerous. I couldn’t afford to save her and do something so reckless.

“Healing: First Aid.”

I decided to heal the few wounds that I had. My skin was slightly irritated and had a few scratches, but they could be healed easily. It was a shame that the same couldn’t be said for my clothes.

“My dream… it can be… accomplished… Perhaps- koff, koff- I have a chance…”

Intrigued by her words, I knelt down beside her body and looked into her eyes.

“What is your dream?”

“…”

She was so weak that she struggled to keep talking, but she winced as she tried to answer me.

“T-To die…”

“Die?”

“Yes. I wanted… someone strong to kill me… I could trust them… with my legacy…”

“Legacy?”

Her words were rather confusing. What could her legacy possibly be? Was it her father? Did she want me to kill him?

Just then, I noticed a change in Persephone’s body. Though still split in two, it was changing.

From the bottom, her black hair turned blonde. Her black dress changed to white, and the narcissi design changed into orange poppies. Her high heels were gone also.

But it wasn’t only her hair and clothes. Though her body was gaunt, it was as if it was regaining its youth. Her pale skin turned fair, and the black lipstick turned red. It was as if the appearance that she had was merely a cover for her real face.

But there was one thing that took me more by surprise than anything. Her eyes faded from Ruby until they changed to blue. Her curse… was gone.

“It seems… I’m back… to normal…”

Persephone looked at me, but the look in her eyes was weakening. She didn’t have long to live.

“When I die… take the seed… I leave behind… and bury it…”

She gently lowered her head back to the ground and struggled to breathe. It was a shame that I couldn’t do anything for her, but that’s just how it had to be.

“That… will be my legacy… and… my… dream…”

And with that, she breathed her last.

I originally had this chapter alongside the previous two and the upcoming chapter all as part of one chapter, but I decided to separate this from the others due to spacing. That aside though, I hope you all enjoy the concept of Limit Break. When I thought of the idea, at the time, I couldn’t think of another name, so eventually, this name just stuck. Changing it at this point would be too much of a pain.

Either way, this is merely the first example of Limit Break in the story. As of where I have written currently, I still don’t have another one inside the story. However, I do have a few ideas already on standby, and when I finally get them implemented into the story, believe me, it’ll be a sight to see.

Anyway, next chapter will be Saturday, March 30th.

0