Volume 2 – Epilogue: Mission Failed
18 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Epilogue: Mission Failed

 

 

 

“It’s a shame, but it doesn’t look like I can bring her back with me.”

Standing behind the mansion was a certain foggy form with a very feminine voice. It didn’t quite seem human, but at the same time, it had a very human presence. It was looking down at two gravestones, one for the queen of Caera and the other for a lonely woman, Persephone.

Nearby, it looked down where the dirt had been displaced. The spot where Riley buried Persephone’s seed.

“Her soul is embedded in the seed. I bet she’ll end up coming back on her own eventually. So is that’s… mission failed?”

The mission was to retrieve Persephone’s soul. After all, she was not done serving Edinburgh.

That being said, this blessing could only retrieve souls that weren’t embedded into anything. Free souls. That’s why this being could not interact with Persephone’s soul anymore.

Losing interest, the being turned and faced the nearby mansion, and a smile crept on the foggy being’s face.

“But forget that! I finally found him again! It took me a year, but I found him! My perfect savior and love! Edinburgh, those liars! Saying that they could lead me to who I was looking for, and I ended up finding him on my own!”

The creature danced around as if in a tantrum. When she first saw the one she loved, her heart fluttered, elated. She had been searching for this man for over a year. Edinburgh was just a means to an end. Now that she found him, she couldn’t help but feel excited and annoyed. 

Eventually, she calmed down and looked over the mansion.

“My perfect knight in the perfect home! I have to be a perfect wife! I don’t care if I’m number one, two, or one hundred! I must make my way here! Hehe!”

With a goal in mind, the creature began to float in the sky. However, when she looked in the window one last time, she saw a pair of obsidian black eyes looking directly at her, menacingly.

“Oh, so someone can see me? How bizarre, but I’d expect no less from one who serves my beloved! I’ll meet you when I arrive, Miss Ghosty! And I can’t wait to see you, my beloved Riley!”

Puffing out her foggy chest in pride, she floated into the sky even further before vanishing altogether.

The black eyed being who had watched her from within Riley’s mansion also vanished without a trace.

~~~

Arc 1: Fallen Kingdom of Caera - End

Hey guys. This is the end of Volume 2, and this also marks the end of the very first arc! I hope you’ve enjoyed it so far. I’ve had to make some edits here and there regarding the volume. Otherwise, I would have been spoiling things way too early, such as the Star Ranking System, which I will get into more detail in in Volume 4. All this said, I’ll go into a little more words next week. On Saturday, May 5. Look forward to the future, because in the week following, on Saturday, May 12, I’ll release the prologue to Volume 3! 

0