Chapter 1 – The Unimagined Power
96 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"What, you must be mistaken me for someone else. There is no way..." 

His word was cut short by the officer who forced him to shut his mouth, with a bad manner.

He sit down in the uncomfortable cell, quietly inspecting the outside while the other prisoners are led to their holding cell.

"Can't this day get anymore worse, from trying to outrun a group of those invaders and now these people and now I am accused of holding some sort of power" Kigato mumbled angrily to himself while looking around the room for any chance to escape.

"Hey" A voice can be heard from above him, he look around while and managed to find a short hair girl lying down by the top row of the bunkbed, while facing Kigato who is staring at him.

She looks blankly at him with an unamused look but he was glad he got to have a cellmate to accompany him.

The girl sit up straight and admire him patiently then let out a sigh, and jump down right in front of Kigato without making a sound while still taking an inspection on him

Ever seeing that she had jump right toward in front of him, but he did not move a muscle.

"Hm, that's what I expected for someone who managed to survive this long in the apocalyptic land. Even for me, even though I didn't managed to last long outside before I got captured"

"You look like someone who has many knowledge on the outer world. The name's Reines, i don't give out my name unless I don't see them as a threat" The cellmate now acknowledge Kigato as his new partner, and a trustworthy one. 

Kigato looks at him concerned face at what he was not expected to have heard.

Reines broke the stare and look behind him, looking outside the cell door and to the hall, looking at a guy with both his hand behind his back in cuff that seems to be powered by something to limit his power, walking past other cells while being guided by a warden.

"Hey..." She shouted to alert him which he just look looks at her in return, while the warden bang the door of the cells to silence her.

"Tch... that's no fun, I will destroy all of you once we escaped" Reines got annoyed and returned to her bed to rest.

Kigato sit on the edge of his bed, looking at the starry outside through the cell's window, thinking this would be his current life to be falsely locked up.

Meanwhile after the lights out, a shadow of a woman was seen standing on the edge of the prison wall outside. "Such a headache doing the same thing over and over again". Then she began to sabotage the security system.

The entire halls of the prison and each of the rooms have their power turned off, and each of the security system was shut down.

Reines who wasn't really sleeping but was starting at the ceiling in the dark room, was alerted and jump down on to the floor without making a single sound and woke Kigato, who was below her, up by shaking him, which she did so easily. 

Kigato woke up in surprise, trying to see what was going on and wonder why the entire room is dark. "There's no time to explain, you may or may not know what is happening now, but we have got our chance to escape!"

They both got through the door easily exited out of their keeping cell, which alert two roaming guard with night goggles on in case something like this happens, which they pull out his firearm ready to take them down.

Reines broke her collar device that retained her power of her neck and was ready to take on a fight, wore her hoodie over her head and  shook her hand and what seem like digital code particles emit from her fist.

The guards raise their firearm at her and began shooting without hesitation, but she managed to dodge them easily by able to disappear for a split second before appearing again and knock them down with her enhanced fist, while Kigato look at her in amazement.

The guards was quickly fallen to the ground and the same digital code particles emits from their fallen body. After than she took Kigato's hand and continued running, leading him to find the exit.

They found the room where the previous guy was put in, who don't even seem bothered and still sitting, which Reines has to help him get out of his cell room. "Come on, Kaneda, let get out of here!"

They were outside of the prison hall, but soon more guards interfered and raised their guns and began shooting immediately, which Reines doing the same tactics and easily took a group of them down, whilst Kaneda took out his katana and swiftly slice off the rest of the other guards.

They managed to get outside of the prison, but a massive group of guards catches up to them, and the two them pulls out their weapon and ready to fight.

But a big shadow jumped out and landed right in front of them, it's the woman that sabotaged the prison's security system. "Get away, I can deal with them!".

The three of them followed her words and flee from the fight and managed to get as far away as possible while the woman singlehandedly fought the guards.

1