Chapter 7: Change of class
129 3 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Slowly but steady, Gunner learns about this world's knowledge. As a bright university student from his previous world, Gunner quickly picks up new knowledge as easy as a walk in the park. For the first few days, nothing really out of the ordinary happens, Gunner plays a good boy role and doesn't act up against or cause any troubles. He learned in his free time when the aristocrat boy came to find Gunner. Surely with just a 15-minute break was not enough for Gunner to fully absorb the necessary amount of knowledge so he used a small piece coal to write the spelling down in the book just like how kids in his previous world first learn about a second language. The aristocrat boy confused by that of course.

" What are you writing, I mean what kind of language is that? "

" Hmmm, let's say it's my own method of learning so don't worry and keep teaching me. "

Gunner had to give this boy something in return for all the teaching he gave but right now Gunner practically had nothing. Gunner figured it out that by tell the boy the knowledge he had from his previous world about many different subjects that Gunner thinks this world doesn't have yet. Gunner told the boy about how the human body works, explanation of thunder and rain, why the sun appears during the day and disappear during the night....etc. The more Gunner talks about these subjects, the more interesting the boy finds in Gunner, he keeps asking how and when did Gunner know about this, what is the background of Gunner, who Gunner wad actually.

" Hey that all makes sense now. It's brilliant in fact. But how do you know it... No tell me who taught you about all these thing."

" There are things you shouldn't know little Alden Alista. In fact in this world, curiosity will be your grave shovel."

" Sheesh. It's Alden Arista and don't act like you are all high and mighty. Common tell me already little handsome... Please "

" Ugh. Stop saying that bitch, it's grossing ya know. "

" Fine... " - the boy left with silence.

" Hey and can you teach me about magic too, Ma'dame said that I was incompetent but I refuse to believe that "

" Whaaaa... really, Ma'dame said that??? Well it's not like I can't teach you that but don't have high hope okay. I'm not that good just slightly above average I think. "

" Anything you know is fine please. Let's help each other to escape from this hell hole okay? "

" Magic is all about controlling the magic particle inside you. Not physically but in your soul realm, you have to feel it and then gather it around, try to condense and keep more magic particles at the centre of your core. Your core depends on how you want to utilise your magic. If you want to be a caster or spell conjurer, you should gather magic particles around your core and that will be your first magic layer. In this case the core is somewhere in the middle of your chest because that's the place where you can distribute your magic evenly. The more layers a magic user have, the more powerful he is and you can conjure much more complicate spells. "

Gunner thinks about this deeply. Does he really want to become a magic user that focus on long range attack ore he wants to stick to the tradition of close quarter combat. After all Gunner is well versed in close combat and the a thought of sitting a far throwing spells at each others doesn't seems right with Gunner. 

" Is there any other way of combat using magic like close combat? "

" Yes but most people would prefer to be a magic conjurer instead of a magic swordman. Well after all, close combat magic fighter is the last option one would want to become as you don't have much affinity with magic so you prefer it physically. "

" You told me you don't know much heh. "

" That's just the basic, everyone knows about it. LoL. "

" Really.... "

" Well.... Not really. But just try to feel the magic particle first okay? "

Later that night...

 Gunner slowly closes his eyes, he try to meditate by emptying his mind, cut out all the other distraction. Slowly Gunner can feel the glowing orb floating around him all over the room not the actual room but in his mind. He tries to control these orbs with his thought but it seems useless, he tries to grab the orbs but the orbs disappear as he moves a little bit.

" Fuck. How can he does it so easily? I try for roughly an hour but can't even progress a shit. "

Not giving up, this time Gunner can feel the orbs again, Gunner tries to guide the orbs to his heart - the core as the boy said. He tries to " convince " the orbs by thinking

" O greate miracle... O greate orb... O great whatever please move your ass over here to my heart please I beg of you. "

It's not like Gunner doesn't have affinity for magic. It's just that he doesn't have much talents in its. For the first time Gunner has successfully brought magical orbs to closer to his heart, they floats around Gunner in a radius of about 5 cm but not directly condense in his heart like the boy said. Gunner tries every possible way but it's useless. The orbs just keep flying around his body. 

Next morning, 

Gunner participates in morning exercise as usual but after breakfast instead of the usual physical training, Noah - the head servant goes in and start picking up the older boys. After a course of 4 weeks, the pills accelerate the growth of these boy from 5 to 9 years old. Noah selects who he deems to be old enough both physically and cognitively. Noah himself conducts a small test which is just Noah giving a small chat with each boy in the room. If one is capable of talking fluently, have basic knowledge and must be 9 years old or older. Not surprise, Gunner is selected together with 4 more boys including Pete. These kids are then guided to the academic room not the one Gunner went in before but a smaller one. This room seems to be dedicated for teaching the basics including vocabulary and basic magic knowledge. 

Gunner of course shows no talents in learning on purpose in order not to stand out. And quite surprisingly, all the other boys can easily conjure a small light orb as instructed by Noah. Gunner still finds it difficult as the magic orbs won't gather around Gunner's hand to conjure a light source. At best after a few tries, Gunner can finally conjure a small frail looking light orb in his hand. It's not that Gunner lacks imagination ore focus, he has to accept the fact that he is not compatible with magic. Noah doesn't say anything, he just scribbles in his notebook. 

During lunch time, 5 new boys are placed in a different dining room together with other older kids around 9-12 years old. The meal contains somewhat more quality food and a different blue pill instead of the usual white pill. Gunner can feel magic emitting from this pill densely. Luckily, the servants leave these boys on their own and go take a quick nap. Gunner finds Alden easily in this crowded room.

" Hey I can't gather the magic particles around my chest at all. Is there any other way to conjure spell without having a magic core? "

" You can also directly use the magic particles around you but the efficient is gonna be decreased a lot. Just imagine your core as a magic stockroom, you should gather more magic particles and put them in there. After a while your body will get used to these magic particles and you can conduct spells more effectively. "

" Thanks but what if I want to become a magic swordman like the one you mentioned before, how can I do that "

" If you insist, magic swordman is people who doesn't or has few magic layers around their cores. Instead, they focus on reinforcing their body with magic and they fight using little or no spells at all. "

" So where will I gather the magic particle? "

" Dunno, like I said, most people would not opt for that option so you will have to figure it out yourself or you can go ask a teacher. "

" Yeah thanks for your advice. "

After lunch time, this patch of slaves is allowed to take a quick nap and they do not have to participate in learning in the afternoon, instead they are moved into another room for self-learning. 

Gunner sticks to Aiden and starts practicing though there is not much notable progress at all. Tired after having practiced for too long, Gunner decides to take a break to observe the other how they conjure their magic. They all seem to be absorbed in their study but there are also kids who are just like Gunner, not focusing on practicing instead wandering around causing trouble. And not much of a surprise, they all come straight to Gunner and Aiden. 

( Well, I want to live in peace but life keeps throwing me troubles. ) - Maybe if Gunner just plays along with these guys, they will eventually get bored and leave? 

" Hey! " - the tallest of the 3 of them shouts at Gunner

( ... ) - Gunner pretends he didn't hear.

" Fuck! I am talking to you, you donkey " - the tall one step up and grab Gunner shirt. This one seems to be taller than Gunner and a little bit older?

" What? Sorry, my bad. I have hearing problem so... " 

" I don't give a fuck, if I call you, you must at least talk back you moron. Understand!? " - the tall one seems pissed. Still Gunner stays in silence for a while.

" Sorry. What was you saying again, I have hearin.... "

" Teach this deaf a lesson Sith, he's fucked up for sure. " - the fatty propose

As Sith throws Gunner on the ground, a quick and simple foot work and the one who stays on the ground is Sith not Gunner. The fatty and the slimy laugh, Sith gets real pissed this time, he has never felt this embarrassed before.

" I don't know what you did but for 2 years I spent in this shop, no one has ever pissed me and stayed intact. If you lick my shoes, I will consider this an accident "

Soon Aiden steps in and 2 sides cause quite a scene in the room. But the servants do not intervene as they are all grown up now, they wil have to solve their own problems. 

" Eat this motherfucker. Fireballlll !!! " - the fatty takes a while to just create a small fireball in his hand and starts throwing to Aiden. Aiden quickly dodges and counter with an ice spear. Up till now the entire room has focused on the uproar instead of practicing. Atlas shows up, tries to stop this chaos.

" Guys, stop acting like a spoiled child "

The 3 bullies seem to calm down a bit when seeing Atlas. Gunner quickly provokes them:

" Yeah, you should. Dog should not be left freely around here. "

Again, the fight continues and Atlas who never experienced this disobey before gets angry at Gunner. 

" I assume you just get in here but I'm the one in charge and you must liste... "

" Bleh bleh bleh. Listen this listen that, they are the one who caused this entire ruckus, why don't you tell them to stop. " - Gunner talks back with a firm voice.

" I try to but you keep provoking them. "

" I only pay back what they said though " - Gunner slightly shifted his waist.

" That's it. I've had enough of this stupidity. You will experience my wrath. "

( Ugh, WTF was that, that's the most cringe thing I've heard since my reincarnation in this world. Well, let's see the difference between raw strength and magic shall we. )

The servants still don't get involved in this, instead they all want to see how this will turn out to be.

Atlas starts channeling his magic, Gunner even though can't control magic well but he also feels the air around the room shifts slightly. Atlas must be preparing quite a spell. The channeling seems pretty long and Atlas keeps saying weird incantation. Tired of this long, cringe-ass spell fighting, Gunner decides to just close the distance. Gunner quickly throws a right hook into Atlas stomach, with just enough force to make him vomit. What Gunner doesn't know is that, if a sorcerer is incantating a spell and gets disrupted midway, all the mana he channels will end up bursting around. As a result both the external and internal mana got dispersed and the sorcerer will experience a heavy blow to his mana vein and in some case even magic core.

Suddenly, Gunner gets restrained into the ground while Atlas gets covered by a transparent bubble, Atlas is unconcious. Ma'dam steps in the room. The servants quickly realise the seriousness in Ma'dam 's face, they quickly apologise and try to fix their mistake by taking care of Atlas. Ma'dam doesn't give them a moment and slaps them 2 heavy slaps right in the face, both are sent flying for roughly 2 meters before landing on their back. Gunner gets picked up by Ma'dam and Atlas is sent for medical care. 

( Why do I feel something bad gonna happens? It's not like she's going to kill me right? )

On the contrary to Gunner's thought, Ma'dam said:

" You little sly, you are 1 hell of a kid and yet you dare to deceive my eyes. You are much smarter than I thought. At first you seems to be just a faster-grown boy than the others but now, your cognitive and physical growth is superb. I should've realised this sooner. Aghhh silly me. "

( Huh, when does she know this but more importantly, how did she know? My cover is perfect so how? Even the one who are very close to me like the servants don't notice even the slightest abnormaly in my behaviour? )

Ma'dam pulls Gunner pants down and rubs his penis out of nowhere. 

( Is she nut? I'm just at best a 9-year-old so why does she do this again? )

Gunner's confidence slowly fades as his dicks grows stiffer. Ma'dam's smile slowly appears brighter and brighter.

" I knew it, your a first-grade goods just by your size. "

( Fuck my luck. )

1