Prologue
426 0 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Lilith squatted down on the castle wall, her voluminous red hair scattering in the breeze. It tasted salty on her tongue, making her close her eyes. Perhaps because she was born at sea, the environment always made her at ease. That was despite her inclination towards fire and flames.

The young woman opened her eyes again. All around her was an endless ocean, placid and calm. It was an interesting shade of purple and green, shimmering with the bright sunlight.

"Is it beautiful?" Another woman appeared behind her. She had pale, almost sickly skin, that directly contrasted with her night black tresses and ball dress that seemingly absorbed light. If one looked closely, one could see tiny stars swirling across the noir surface of her dress.

"Yeah. Was mine like this too, Jeanne?"

"In terms of visual spectacle, yes. Yours was a great firestorm that raged across the Endless Sea. It burned the very mana in the air, which was how it could last seven weeks." Jeanne smiled ruefully, her tone coloured with amusement and teasing.

"I didn't mean to cause such a big burden." Lilith scratched her head. It was a small talking point between them. Lilith felt guilty that her Birth caused so much trouble, while Jeanne never cared and simply found it funny.

The conversation was lulled into a cool silence, with only the slight wind and sound of waves crashing against the castle walls accompanying it. Their focus was entirely on the phenomenon in the distance.

It was an absolute force of nature. Lilith, who had never seen the Birth of an Immortal, couldn't describe it any other way.

Far across the ocean, she could see a towering hurricane reaching up into the heavens. Sparks of thunder could be occasionally seen, and the thunderclap was heard seconds later. From this far away, the hurricane seemed to swirl lazily, almost at a snail's pace.

However, the two knew this was just a matter of perspective.

It was spinning at incredible speeds, whipping up great destructive winds that could topple cities and weather mountains. The Endless Sea was usually very peaceful and silent, but the winds that originated from hundreds of kilometres away could be felt on their faces.

Lilith had no doubt that everyone on the Able Continent could see and feel this right now. That included normal people, who had no sort of power or magic. The powerhouses of the other two continents could probably sense this as well.

After all, the Birth of an Immortal was as indiscriminate as it was breathtaking. Huge amounts of mana were being dispersed into the air, lighting up her senses like a star in the darkness. It was impossible to miss it, even if she closed her eyes.

"Our brothers and sisters are working to suppress the Birth as we speak. They want to stop as much collateral damage as possible. Do you want to join them?" The raven-haired woman asked.

"Nah, my power isn't suited for suppression. I might just hold them back instead." She shook her head. Wind magnified fire. Elemental inclination aside, she wasn't suited to delicate operations like this.

"It will be good practice for you. Although the number of incidents you've caused has decreased over the past few centuries, we both still know your control isn't great. If you're so worried, I can have Mu join you." At Jeanne's words, Lilith frowned.

She was the youngest Immortal, the Immortal of Flames. Her power, her Concept, was a raging inferno that threatened to break free of her control at any second. Mu was the Immortal of Oceans and had a great suppression effect on her.

"Okay."

"Great. I'll let them know now." Jeanne nodded before leaving, going back inside the castle.


 

25