ALLIANCE 3.2
63 0 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Time passed. A perpetual silence roamed inside, when a whispering moan suddenly echoed. His eyes opened just in time to noticed a skinless figure up on the ceiling. He bounced off the couch, and reached for his weapon; one clean shot, as the creature charged at him.

The monstrosity stood a short distance; blood splattered, as the creature’s head slammed against the wall. A headshot should have been enough to kill the fiend; it was however, very much alive. From the remains of what was once human, its expression was distorted and lifeless; a creature engineered by pure insanity, its skin like an open wound, its body enlarged and mutated. A single eye starred right at him, unblinking, as blood gushed out from its fresh wound. He could hear its ghastly breathing, low and raspy, while his was quickening and suffocating.

Stuck in a small room, his movements were extremely limited; dodging the best he could, as the creature stretched out an arm, and savagely swung it around in an attempt to kill him. A firm grip upon his only means of defense, he unloaded his handgun on the fiend; each shot barely scratching the surface of its black slimed skin. Out of bullets, he stood in terror, as the creature mutated into a large leech-like abomination. His body refused to budge; his legs sinking knee deep into a crimson hell, he was helpless, done for. His heart skipped a beat, as the monstrosity charged right at him, its large claw piercing through his abdomen. He laid nearly breathless, his body convulsing, as the creature impaled his chest, an excruciating pain tearing his rib cage.

He tried screaming but no sound came out; his mind darkened, his heart ripped, his body drenched in blood. n nno... His eyes petrified, his lungs suffocating, he watched helplessly, as the creature pierced right through his skull. And in a flash, his body sprung up; shivering wildly, as drops of sweat slithered down his face, his eyes wide opened, a look of terror weighing on him. He gasped for air, inhaling heavily, as he filled his lungs.

"A dream!?" His heartbeat slowly returned to normal. "Shit." He flopped back down, a hand against his forehead. Just a dream… just a fucking dream… His mind was both distressed and weary, understandably after the horrific events that had happened. He had survived through one side of Hell, only to find himself stuck in the other; bound to running and hiding for as long as he can, in order to retain what was left of his freedom. Is that what the rest of my life's gonna be like? Is that what I'm in for..? His jaw tightened. Do I even have a chance at a second life... or am I just wasting my damn time... His expression creased.

Some time passed. His eyes tight shut, he had finally succumbed to a long and much needed rest; it was however, abruptly interrupted. Standing up, a hand upon his weapon, he could hear something; a scraping sound like a sharp object grazing against metal. He trailed towards the front door; he could see a silhouette waving through the frosted window, perpetual knocks resonating through, faint and slow. Taking no risks, he pulled out his handgun, when a voice suddenly echoed from behind him.

"It’s just Mr Thamens." He turned around, only to stumble upon Anaka, who stood in the hallway. His expression lightened only slightly, as he lowered his weapon. "A harmless old man roaming the streets at night." She tried putting him at ease. "Usually drunk or high on something, he sometimes comes here in hopes he can get free medication." She explained. "He may be a bit delusional, but he’s completely harmless. Old age eating up at what remains of his sanity and physical health." He remained on edge.

"So you can take it easy… Lieutenant Coen." His eyes widened, a shocked look on his face. How she had discovered his identity was beyond his comprehension. His transportation to Regason Base had not been made public, and only a select few from both the RPD and neighboring authorities knew about his transfer to that location.

 

11