EXPERIMENTS 10.1
35 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

He stepped inside, carefully scouting the room for any sign of activity. The blood drops lead to a sink, before trailing off to a wall storage unit, and to behind a cubicle curtain. His weapon ready, he hounded towards the screen; the white fabric clashing with the crimson prints.

Someone or something is in here... His eyes frowned, as he circled around the curtain. Shit!! A man laid dead on the floor, his skin of grayish tone, a missing hand and one clean shot to the head. Is that what that guy meant!? Did he go around killing the hospital staff?? He examined the body: a name tag with the Umbrella insignia, and a strange looking key were found inside the man's lab coat, along with a bloody memo. LUCY... there it is again! He groaned.

He had one more look around, before proceeding out. Much more remained to be explored, but he stood in the hall, his mind conflicted, struggling to decide what the next course of action should be. It was clear to him, that potential danger could be encountered at any moment, right around any corner. Few moments passed, before deciding to go back to Anaka. His expression scowled, as he noticed she was no longer by the station. He hurried to the monitor, and noticed several images; one in particular showing a child tied down onto an operating table.

No... His jaw tightened, his body tensed.

"It's not him-" His eyes traveled in direction of the coming voice; he spotted her standing a short distance from him, her face showing exhaustion and heavy stress. "The kid you see here... I just found her file-" She handed him the folder. "Her name is Lucy." He gasped, his eyes widened.

He browsed through the papers; although his knowledge of biology and sciences in general was but the very basics, he still grasped the severity of what he read.

"She's affected by the same blood disease-" He locked eyes with hers. "Was she under your care too?" She shook her head in response.

"All doors in C Wing have an electronic lock on, except one-" She pointed at the folder. "The Health Records, which contains patient's files from here and Raccoon General Hospital-" She clenched her fists. "They're keeping tracks on what's been going on since the beginning of the year: murders, so-called rabies cases... and collecting a lot of data on sick children."

The already unsettling atmosphere quickly escalated to a gruesome chill.

"Umbrella doesn't only own Raccoon City- they have their hands on Stoneville and at least one facility oversea... a lab located somewhere in France." She felt repulsed. "This is not just some corporation manufacturing cosmetics and health products- they're in for something much darker."

"Like human experiments-" He had seen more than enough to confirm this. "And committing atrocities." A silence purged the area; both of them struggling to recollect their thoughts.

"Did you..." Her words would not come out with ease. "Did you find anything... or anyone in either wings?" His dour expression answered her. "Staff..? Or was it..."

"A doctor Joel Vans-" He recalled the name tag. "I found a hand down in L Wing... I followed the blood trail to some room, and there he was- single shot to the head, his left hand missing." Her shocked state could only display so much more dismay. "Definitely worked for Umbrella- and he was carrying this-" He handed her the note and key.

LUCY... Her eyes narrowed. What did they do to this poor girl!? What fucked up thing did they put her through!? She creased the memo, and shove the key in her pocket.

"What do you wanna do?" Uncertainty clouded his mind; the the situation reaching alarming heights. Her answer wasn't prompt; her eyes teary and unblinking. He could sensed her pain; her breathing increasing, her overall appearance tense. She struggled not to crash, fighting the storm of emotions raging within her.

"I..." She finally spoke. "I really... don't know..." She had come to a frightening realization; she was not physically nor mentally prepared for the undertaking she had placed herself in. Tears slithered down her cheeks, she had reached breaking point.

 

9